Nizoral?

livng2tell

Reaction score
Will Nizoral help with thinning hair to start out with? Or is it strictly a moisturizing shampoo (to use with the other treatments that dry out your scalp) and not worth even trying?

Thanks,
WP

antonio666

Reaction score
i think it has a slight effect(certainly will do no harm)but only in conjuction with the other big 2

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
It has a mild anti androgen effect. A study has shown it to have an effect simillar to 2% minoxidil. It probably won't be enough on its own, but it is certainly better than nothing.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I use Nizoral regularly. I would recommend it to everyone.

I think it does thicken your existing hair but don't quote me on it. If it doesn't do that it is an anti-inflammatory agent and so, it will promote a healthy scalp for hair growth.

Check out my update in Tell You Story. I use it with the other Big 3.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
AssignmentZero said:
...I think it does thicken your existing hair but don't quote me on it. ....

Sorry - consider yourself quoted :)

Nizoral is said to increase the diameter of your existing hair shafts by 7% (the 2% variety anyway - don't know about the 1%).

Sean68

Reaction score
id honestly say out of all the prodcuts ive used nizoral is still my favourite.
use conditioner after if you use it.

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral worked a treat for my Seb Derm and kept it at bay.

I've read a lot of stuff to say it helps in the fight against male pattern baldness. One website in particular said it restricted the ability for DHT to attack the hair or to stop in binding - or something on them lines.

Its cheap too, one £6 bottle(on prescription) has lasted me over 6 months. I think the full price is around £10?

Is it possible to get the 2% without prescription in the UK? I'm sure I read that you can get it at a Pharmacist's descretion?

Sean68

Reaction score
ive never seen a boots that doesnt sell the 2% - £6.99 i think. boots sell their own brand for a quid less.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Dangerman said:
Nizoral worked a treat for my Seb Derm and kept it at bay.

I've read a lot of stuff to say it helps in the fight against male pattern baldness. One website in particular said it restricted the ability for DHT to attack the hair or to stop in binding - or something on them lines.

Its cheap too, one £6 bottle(on prescription) has lasted me over 6 months. I think the full price is around £10?

Is it possible to get the 2% without prescription in the UK? I'm sure I read that you can get it at a Pharmacist's descretion?

Yes you can buy the 2% version in the UK. The 1% is called Nizorelle and the 2% is called Nizoral in the UK so if you are using a shampoo called 'Nizoral' then you are already using the 2% version. And in reply to the original user: 'welcome to the forum! Would you be so kind as to show some intelligence by not posting in the wrong f*****g section thank you.'

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sean and Person,

Yes am using Nizoral now, but running out. I got the first bottle on prescription though. I don't have a problem going back to my Doctor but would rather not trouble him if its available without prescription.

Can't remember seeing it on the shelf in Boots last time, but have to say I was looking particularly hard.

livng2tell

Reaction score
person said:
And in reply to the original user: 'welcome to the forum! Would you be so kind as to show some intelligence by not posting in the wrong f****ing section thank you.'
WOW! I didn't know you were a moderator. That's a lousy way to talk to someone that you want to keep coming to your site. I didn't know intelligence was proved by posting to a site that has 26 different places to post. I guess "General" doesn't actually mean "General".

Thanks to all others that responded.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
livng2tell said:
person said:
And in reply to the original user: 'welcome to the forum! Would you be so kind as to show some intelligence by not posting in the wrong f****ing section thank you.'
WOW! I didn't know you were a moderator. That's a lousy way to talk to someone that you want to keep coming to your site. I didn't know intelligence was proved by posting to a site that has 26 different places to post. I guess "General" doesn't actually mean "General".

Thanks to all others that responded.

Your meant to post in the 'general treatments' or 'experimental treatments' section dickhead. And I couldn't care less whether you come to this forum or not.

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
The Dangerman said:
Can't remember seeing it on the shelf in Boots last time, but have to say I was looking particularly hard.

What I meant to say was I "wasn't looking particularly hard".

antonio666

Reaction score
dangerman,it is defintley available in the boots across from the arndale bought mine there yesterday

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that antonio666!

I actually live in Burnley, just put Manchester for the benefit of our International posters. But I know the Boots you mean, I go to Manchester quite a bit. I will check Burnley Boots again first of course

Thanks again.

livng2tell

Reaction score
person said:
Your meant to post in the 'general treatments' or 'experimental treatments' section dickhead. And I couldn't care less whether you come to this forum or not.
Dickhead? Your vocabulary is astounding. You must care if I post to these forums or not, if you are so stressed that I happen to post to the "wrong" section (Which I am sure contributes to your hairloss).

I can tell you that I have absolutely no clue what all these hair serums, pills, supplements, etc... all mean. I'm sorry that I am not as bald as you yet. I am trying to learn what I can about hairloss and what I can do to prevent it. I guess I have to take into account that there will always be one of you guys to f*ck it up for someone.

Sean68

Reaction score
livng2tell said:
person said:
Dickhead? Your vocabulary is astounding. You must care if I post to these forums or not, if you are so stressed that I happen to post to the "wrong" section (Which I am sure contributes to your hairloss).

I can tell you that I have absolutely no clue what all these hair serums, pills, supplements, etc... all mean. I'm sorry that I am not as bald as you yet. I am trying to learn what I can about hairloss and what I can do to prevent it. I guess I have to take into account that there will always be one of you guys to f*ck it up for someone.

just watch your fuckin posting you fuckin dickhead or well send the boys round you got that?

welcome to the forum mate :)