Nizoral

GoldenBear

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was another way to apply Keoconazole. Nizoral for all intents and purposes smells like carpet shampoo. Or if there is no other option is it alright to wash whats left of my hair with a nice smelling shampoo that doesnt make my hair feel like i salvaged it from the drain, directly after using nizoral. Thanks for any help.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Thats weird. Nizoral smells good. Ive had girls even comment on it.

If you plan to wash with another shampoo afterwards, i would just be extra deliberate in letting it soak into your scalp for as long as possible while you shower. The key is absorption and leaving it there.

Make sure to use "The Shelf" to avoid any dripping into your eyes :D

HairLossTalk.com

GoldenBear

Reaction score
Alright I must be buying the wrong nizoral, mine smells like sh*t. Im in Canada and I buy Nizoral off the shelf with 2% Ketoconazole. Maybe in the states it smells better, but mine is pink and smells god awful. Maybe I just had a bad experience with nizoral as a kid or something.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
I get the 1% and my gf now uses it because she rekons it smells so nice.

If yours is the pink one, then maybe it smells different to the one I use.

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
I think tricomin smells terrible but others on this board seem to like it.. my nizoral smells fine.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
GoldenBear said:
I was just wondering if there was another way to apply Keoconazole. Nizoral for all intents and purposes smells like carpet shampoo. Or if there is no other option is it alright to wash whats left of my hair with a nice smelling shampoo that doesnt make my hair feel like i salvaged it from the drain, directly after using nizoral. Thanks for any help.

see if there's an expiration date. or, you may have gotten hold of a bottle from a bad lot - like 1 that sat in a cargo carrier at extreme temps or something.