Nizoral shedding

He-Bat

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of shedding due to Nizoral use. I started using it 2 weeks ago and I am shedding really bad. It only happnes when I use the nizoral shampoo. I have been using minoxidil for 2 months now, and that made me shed a little, but this is something else. Is the shedding a good thing or should I stop using the shampoo?

Halotd

Reaction score
Possible side effects

You may experience light headaches after using nizoral. This however, isn't serious and you should continue using it. If on the other hand, you continue to get headaches after each and every nizoral application, you should seek the advice of your doctor.

When you first begin treatment with Nizoral, it is possible that it may induce a shedding of hair. You should not be worried because shedding is often a precursor for many of hair loss treatments to better results, and thickening of hair.

Got that from this thread (post #4): viewtopic.php?f=61&t=60573

grove12345

Reaction score
i recommend you cut back or stop.

I used to be a nizoral user and got shedding all over my head. My hair never looked so thin.

Good news is after 3 months it grew back.

Cancervive

Reaction score
I too have been using Niroral for about a month now and have been losing twice as much hair as before. So this is normal for Nizoral? I've also been using s5 cream only at m hairline and not all over. Please tell me this is normal and I should continue using Nizoral?