Nizoral Shampoo And Regenepure Dr Shampoo

SISI

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi beautiful people,
Recently Nizoral shampoo changed their ingredients! Now every time I wash my hair, my scalp turns red and burn and burn. So I guess I can not use this new ingredients Nizoral shampoo anymore.

Regenepure DR shampoo revamped their ingredient too. Their shampoo do not have KETOCONAZOLE anymore either. I did call them and checked with them.

Lipogaine Big 3 changed to lipogaine Big 5 and no more KETOCONAZOLE.

Revita has minimal I mean very minimal ketoconazole.

Please please help me
I thank you very much

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to a doctor and get prescription ketoconazole shampoo it's alot more effective anyway.

SISI

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi honey,
Thanks for reply! Yes I can get prescription ketoconazole. But the prescription ketoconazole is 2%, I am 58 years old woman.
Is ketoconazole 2% still ok or is to strong for me?
Thanks again for your reply!
Sisi

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see why not some say the 2 percent is a bit more irritating and drying but I've found the exact opposite I think it's all the other stuff they put in the non script shampoos that make it so irritating the prescription doesn't have all that sh*t to avoid irritation.

SISI

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi honey,
Thanks for reply! Would you give me the prescription 2% brand name? Because I am hearing they are couple of different brands name. And you are saying yours is not irritating.
Thanks soooo much for reply and help!

jazz1

Reaction score
Regenepure DR still has Ketaconazole 1% I have 2 bottles here, Lipogaine BIG3 is still available Gold label with Ketaconazole. The Purple label BIG5 is new addition to BIG3 but without Ketaconazole. Revita in the United Kingdom has removed Ketaconazole, but still available in Europe and US.....

SISI

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Jazz1,
Thanks for reply! new version of Regenepure DR do not have 1% Ketaconazole! I called and ask. It has very very low percentage of Ketaconazole but not 1% . They did change the ingredients.

Regenepure® DR Ingredients: Aqua (Deionized Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera Gel) Juice, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Carbomer, Glycerin, PEG-8, Niacin (Vitamin-B3), Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Proteins, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin-C), Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin-B6), Linolenic Acid, Emu Oil, dl-Panthenol, Ketoconazole, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Menthol, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Oil, Hexylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, PEG-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Oil, Caffeine, Zinc Oxide, Guanine, Polysorbate-80, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, FD&C Blue #1.

SISI

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Jazz1 again,
I did check Lipogaine BIG3. It does have Ketoconazole BUT NOT 1%. It is very minimal and its in the end of list of ingredients. Is not main ingredients and is not 1%!!
Right now the only 1% ketoconazole over the counter shampoo is NIZORAL, which has 1% Ketoconazole but they did change the inactive ingredients and now is very very irritating and it did burn my scalp.
Thanks again for reply,
God bless you all for caring!

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi honey,
Thanks for reply! Would you give me the prescription 2% brand name? Because I am hearing they are couple of different brands name. And you are saying yours is not irritating.
Thanks soooo much for reply and help!
The one I use is from Perrigo I don't have any irritation or dry hair using it every other day but I also responded well nizoral and only got dry hair/scalp after using it every day for a few weeks.

SISI

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Dear Jim,
Thank you for your reply! So I talked with my doctor friend.
I told him I want Perrigo which is generic version of 2% Nizoral.
Thank you so much! Dear Lovely Jim.
God bless you all!!!!!

PeakyBlinderRob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where you guys from? You dont need a prescription for 2% Nizoral here in Canada. I use it once a week, how about you all?

SISI

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I am from USA and we do need prescription in USA. I will use it only once a week.. But I read other people use it 2 to 3 times a week.

PeakyBlinderRob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya, I'm with you...once a week should do the trick! I find it really cleans the scal
Hi,
I am from USA and we do need prescription in USA. I will use it only once a week.. But I read other people use it 2 to 3 times a week.

Ya, I'm with you...once a week should do the trick! I find it really cleans the scalp and opens the pores. I had to click your profile photo, you look like Sandra Bullock! And I saw your age says 59 years old...you look more like 39! A healthy scalp keeps you youthful! :)

jazz1

Reaction score
Hi Jazz1,
Thanks for reply! new version of Regenepure DR do not have 1% Ketaconazole! I called and ask. It has very very low percentage of Ketaconazole but not 1% . They did change the ingredients.

Regenepure® DR Ingredients: Aqua (Deionized Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera Gel) Juice, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Carbomer, Glycerin, PEG-8, Niacin (Vitamin-B3), Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Proteins, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin-C), Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin-B6), Linolenic Acid, Emu Oil, dl-Panthenol, Ketoconazole, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Menthol, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Oil, Hexylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, PEG-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Oil, Caffeine, Zinc Oxide, Guanine, Polysorbate-80, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, FD&C Blue #1.

Ah I see, but at least they still have Ketaconazole as Regenepure DR is my favourite shampoo from the whole range and I use them all alongside 2% Nizoral.

jazz1

Reaction score
Hi Jazz1 again,
I did check Lipogaine BIG3. It does have Ketoconazole BUT NOT 1%. It is very minimal and its in the end of list of ingredients. Is not main ingredients and is not 1%!!
Right now the only 1% ketoconazole over the counter shampoo is NIZORAL, which has 1% Ketoconazole but they did change the inactive ingredients and now is very very irritating and it did burn my scalp.
Thanks again for reply,
God bless you all for caring!

Ok, you from the United States? How about order Nizoral from the United Kingdom? They sell here over the counter 2% Nizoral Ketaconazole, but using this alone dries your scalp so I prefer the rotation with Regenepure DR/Lipogaine BIG3/Revita.

jazz1

Reaction score
Where you guys from? You dont need a prescription for 2% Nizoral here in Canada. I use it once a week, how about you all?

Snap same here in the United Kingdom.

SISI

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya, I'm with you...once a week should do the trick! I find it really cleans the scal

Ya, I'm with you...once a week should do the trick! I find it really cleans the scalp and opens the pores. I had to click your profile photo, you look like Sandra Bullock! And I saw your age says 59 years old...you look more like 39! A healthy scalp keeps you youthful! :)

Hi Peaky,
Thanks for the complement! Yes, but the last 2 to 3 months I was loosing a lot of hairs and I got really scared.

Thanks again to all of you beautiful, and precious people!!!!

SISI

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, you from the United States? How about order Nizoral from the United Kingdom? They sell here over the counter 2% Nizoral Ketaconazole, but using this alone dries your scalp so I prefer the rotation with Regenepure DR/Lipogaine BIG3/Revita.

Hi dear Jazz,
Thank God I have a friend can get me 2% Nizoral. But I have one more question....Can I make DIY shampoo with rosemary and peppermint essential oil and sometimes use it? What do you think? I am hearing good things about it....

Thanks soooo much again