Nizoral questions

hardcastle

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm planning on starting Nizoral, but I had a few questions:

I've seen 1% and 2% nizoral. I'm guessing that 2% nizoral is more effective - is this true?

Do I need a prescription for 2% nizoral? Is it even recommended? CVS only carries the 1% kind.

Where do you guys get your nizoral? I've looked at local stores, and they don't seem to carry it.

Thanks for any answers here!

G

u can get 2% w/ a script or froman online pharmact, differnce between the two is mostly level of effectivenss against sebbobhic dermatitis and dandruff. I think studies showed that DHT activity in scalp as lowered about the same with 1% and 2%

The Gardener

Reaction score
My grocery store (Ralphs) and my local drug store chain (Rite Aid) both carry Nizoral 1%. nizoral 2% is not available over the counter in the US.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nizoral 2% is available over the counter in the UK, God Bless the Queen.

Baldie

Established Member
Reaction score
I live in the UK and I bought it over the counter in Boots. They'll ask you what you want to use it for (as they always to with over the counter stuff). As long as you don't say "treat my baldness" you'll be fine :)

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Baldie said:
I live in the UK and I bought it over the counter in Boots. They'll ask you what you want to use it for (as they always to with over the counter stuff). As long as you don't say "treat my baldness" you'll be fine :)

I have never been asked what I wanted the shampoo for ??

oni I have never seen Boots own brand 2% ketoconazole shampoo !! I have seen their 1% formula, I just did a search on their website but couldn't find anything, do you now what it is called?

hardcastle

Reaction score
bartman654 said:
u can get 2% w/ a script or froman online pharmact, differnce between the two is mostly level of effectivenss against sebbobhic dermatitis and dandruff. I think studies showed that DHT activity in scalp as lowered about the same with 1% and 2%

So as far as the mild regrowth powers it's supposed to have, 1% and 2% are mostly the same? I don't think I have dermatitis or dandruff (so far) - I'd be getting it because it seems to be highly recommended.

Thanks all - I appreciate this.