nizoral increasing hair loss/finasteride in body

whatthehell

Reaction score
ive been using nixoral 2% for about a month, hair loss seems to have increased, does it settle down after a while?

also how many days of not taking finesteride/propecia will it take to comepletely remove it from my system.

G

I think that finasteride reduces dhtin body like 60-70% in first few weeks, its the hair cycle that has to catch up with dht free sclap, thats why it takes 6mon-1yr b4 u can make a final judgement about its effectiveness

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
ive been using nixoral 2% for about a month, hair loss seems to have increased, does it settle down after a while?

About 2 weeks in my hair loss increased a ton but now i'm on my 3rd month and things have slowed down a bit.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
When I started nizoral , I was shedding like a dog. TONS of hair was falling out. I hadn't seen that kind of fall out in YEARS! It seems to have slowed down a bit but I also cut down on the nizoral so that could be the reason.

Regardless, nizoral did speed up my hair loss, shedding.

G

Nizoral helped my shedding a lot when i first started using it, and it still helps, i woudnt stop using it, its one of the best shampoos we have for male pattern baldness

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bartman654 said:
Nizoral helped my shedding a lot when i first started using it, and it still helps, i woudnt stop using it, its one of the best shampoos we have for male pattern baldness

same here, nizoral didnt cause the treatment related shedding....Is it supposed to anyway?

I thought that nizoral and minoxidil work differently?

whatthehell

Reaction score
hmm ive been shedding while using nizoral like i never knew possible, ill stick with it for a a few months but might cut down to once a week.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I doubt your shedding has anything to do with Nizoral Shampoo.