Nizerol 1% V 2% Shampoo?

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between Nizerol shampoos. for example 1% and 2% ? I mean if the 1% is weaker and I should be able to use it more frequently right?

Snoogans

Reaction score
maybe....

but you dont need a perscription for 1%

So

Established Member
Reaction score
I've notice that two or three days without nizoral 2% and my hair gets really oily. When I run my hands through my hair, you can physically see the oil. After a session with nizoral 2% for 10 minutes on top, my scalp feels good and the oil is of course gone for the meantime.

I've never tried 1% and 2% here in AU is OTC (no prescription required). I may try 1% if it is deemed just as effective because 2% is not only in a much smaller bottle, but is also much more expensive than 1%.

Though, on the other hand I like to employ the use of products which optimal strength...

Seems to be a lot of buzz surrounding Revita shampoo at the moment as if it were a holy grail of some sort.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
They say that the 1% is about as effective as the 2% in treating hairloss.

The 2% is harsher and should only be used 2 - 3 x weekly. Be prepared to condition afterwards.

The 1% is nice, not as harsh on your hair and can be used more frequently if desired.

I've been using it every other day for the last 1/2 year or so. Have since started revita so I'm phasing out the nizoral entirely.