Nivea for men - Hair Recharge

robtyketto

Reaction score
Greetings,

This new product was highlighted to me in a UK forum, it's look to be released in Europe (though I cant see a UK release date).

The System of Shampoo and Tonic, combining two highly active ingredients Carnitine and Creatine, supports hair growth. Carnitine increases energy production in hair root cells while Creatine facilitates energy storage (in-vitro proven). The System stimulates hair roots and reduces natural hair thinning.

The special nozzle diffuser allows targeted application but also enables easy spreading on the whole scalp. The extra-light formula absorbs quickly and leaves no residue on hair and scalp.

The rather cheesy but professional promo video belows show their own conducted trials have a good cosmetic effect on hair (see below)
http://www.niveaformen.com/products/hair_recharge.html

Anyone know a place on the web where I could order this to the UK, I can only find german pages that cant be translated?

I did write to nivea asking about UK release date, no word yet and will post back if i receive a reply.
Oh the tonic appears to be cheap too from the Euro prices quoted :)

Thanks
Rob

robtyketto

Reaction score
No responses :(

How do you think it compares to Activ-M? I thougth the advertising was better as it least it showed some impressive studies, though they were not third party.

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
looks good whether it works is another story. dpesnt say anything about where to get it etc

keanu

Reaction score
Looks really really promising. At least Nivea is reputable name and has plenty of R&D resources.
Will definetely give it a try.

ali777

Reaction score
I love Nivea products. I'd give this a try just because it's got Nivea brand name on it....

PS: that table football intro (fussball in US, or baby football in French) is sooooo me :woot:.. I wish I was as good looking as the models

PS2: the shampoo is €4.99 and the tonic is €8.99 according to some website... not bad

ali777

Reaction score
http://pbn.home.pl/2008/09/03/nivea-lau ... r-product/

In September the new care series NIVEA FOR MEN Hair Recharge with Shampoo and Tonic is coming to stores. The new products include a sophisticated combination of carnitine and creatine, which stimulate the metabolism of hair follicles and hair roots, as has been proven by elaborate tests in the laboratory with cultivated hair root cells. In doing so the re-growth of strong and healthy hair is animated. This was shown in male test subjects in studies over several months.

Even if Laboratory Director of Hair and Scalp at the Hamburg Skin Research Center, Dr. Thomas Schmidt-Rose cannot promise any miracles, something can be done about hair loss. With its special formula, NIVEA FOR MEN Hair Recharge ensures that right from the beginning more energy for hair growth is available and individual hairs become thicker. Bring on the Autumn!

In this year eleven European countries, including Germany, Austria, France, Italy, Belgium and the Baltic States start with the launch of the new care series NIVEA FOR MEN Hair Recharge. In 2009 Poland, Russia, Ukraine and the Middle East will follow. In addition to TV spots and advertisements in the print media, a lottery and an extensive promotion tour are planned.

Two things come accross from this article. 1) as with any product, it's not a miracle product 2) we'll probably have to wait till 2009 for it.

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
I found a place that sells it... (INot in the U.S) though!

Actually is available now! You can order it from this website was added Oct 12th so it says, not available in the U.S Shampoo is $5 and tonic is $10 or so.. Oh make sure you click U.S dollars if you are from the U.S.

http://beautycosmetic.biz/index.php

Type in Nivea hair you will see the shampoo on page 1 and the tonic on page 2. Please don't call me a SPAMMER AS this is from Nivea not me lol! I may order it isn't too expensive but on another site they say it's not as powerful as rogaine but doesn't have side effects. I wonder if it can be used in conjuction with rogaine because seems both need to be put on a fresh scalp!

Best of luck guys@!
Rich

ali777

Reaction score
nuttyrich said:
Actually is available now! You can order it from this website was added Oct 12th so it says, not available in the U.S Shampoo is $5 and tonic is $10 or so.. Oh make sure you click U.S dollars if you are from the U.S.

http://beautycosmetic.biz/index.php

Type in Nivea hair you will see the shampoo on page 1 and the tonic on page 2. Please don't call me a SPAMMER AS this is from Nivea not me lol! I may order it isn't too expensive but on another site they say it's not as powerful as rogaine but doesn't have side effects. I wonder if it can be used in conjuction with rogaine because seems both need to be put on a fresh scalp!

Best of luck guys@!
Rich

The site doesn't look professional enough for me to trust them. About us section is completely empty as well.

robtyketto

Reaction score
I emailed Nivea TWICE about a UK release date nothing :(

Hmm that website doesnt look too professional, I cant find the companies contact details!

Anyone in the UK found a site or more on the release date?

I dont know if to add this and/or Activ M or would they be a complete waste of time??
I only expect the thicknening/maintenance of existing hairs no regrowth.

ali777

Reaction score
They've replied to my email. Here is what they say:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding NIVEA Haircare products.

The NIVEA product range varies from country to country and unfortunately this particular product is not available in the United Kingdom at the present time. However, I have passed details of your comments to the Product Manager for NIVEA, as we are always pleased to receive comments and suggestions from our customers, and this helps with the future planning of our product range.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble in contacting us.

Yours sincerely

As you can see, they haven't got a clue about its release date.

robtyketto

Reaction score
ali777 said:
They've replied to my email. Here is what they say:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding NIVEA Haircare products.

The NIVEA product range varies from country to country and unfortunately this particular product is not available in the United Kingdom at the present time. However, I have passed details of your comments to the Product Manager for NIVEA, as we are always pleased to receive comments and suggestions from our customers, and this helps with the future planning of our product range.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble in contacting us.

Yours sincerely

As you can see, they haven't got a clue about its release date.

I was guessing as much, seems like a no brainer to me plenty of money to be made selling it in the UK.
I thought it would be a better business prospect than selling it places like Germany, Italy and spain???

Oh is there any European chemist sites selling this?
I found a few german site but impossible to use as need translating every page and not sure if they ship to the UK.

mires

Reaction score
Sorry for reviving an ancient thread, but whatever happened to this topical by Nivea? It just seems to have disappeared without much discussion and you can't find it on Nivea's website no more either. You can, however, find a lot of Hair Recharge sellers on eBay with low prices (3 bottles for ~18 dollars, including shipping). Did this product turn out to actually be causing male pattern baldness or why has it disappeared like this? I've personally always respected Nivea and the quality of their products.

Nivea's Hair Recharge tonic contains Carnitine and Creatine. I've read somewhere that Creatine would actually cause male pattern baldness by raising DHT, haven't found any scientific proof about it though. I'm thinking of giving this a shot, it's at least very affordable at the moment.

mires

Reaction score
No one knows anything about Niveas hair recharge? Here's a link to the product's commercial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yszbGE8htPE

The link in the original post doesn't work anymore because Nivea have removed the pages. I have ordered a bottle of this stuff from eBay and I'll add it to my regimen for a while at least. Might even go all scientific about it and only apply it to for example the left side of my thinning areas.

LostHope

Reaction score
mires said:
No one knows anything about Niveas hair recharge? Here's a link to the product's commercial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yszbGE8htPE

The link in the original post doesn't work anymore because Nivea have removed the pages. I have ordered a bottle of this stuff from eBay and I'll add it to my regimen for a while at least. Might even go all scientific about it and only apply it to for example the left side of my thinning areas.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Why don't you try topical canitine and taurine = Activ M instead. It avoids creatine, which may be suspicious concerning hair.
Just an idea...

mires

Reaction score
RP3X said:
No news is bad news.... perhaps

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. You would assume that if a product by Nivea, after all the research and marketing, gets suddenly just pulled out from the market that there would be a good reason for it. They obviously had put a lot of time and effort into the product and it looks and sounds 'sexy', it's just the kind of thing a lot of desperate and balding men would love to buy. So if they suddenly discontinue the product you would think that there was something horribly wrong with it. But I can't find any news or articles about why it was pulled from the store shelves, the silence surrounding the product is odd.

So maybe it just didn't sell that well? We may never know.

In any case, I will test this product daily on my left temple for a month or so to see if it does anything.

mires

Reaction score
Mmyeah, so I received my 150ml of hair recharge tonic today and I've now added some pics of the product description.

The tonic smells and feels like mouthwash, it dries/absorbs quickly and doesn't seem to leave any residue. At first the thought struck me that someone actually HAS filled the bottle with mouthwash but the ingredients do mention menthol and citral so that's where the smell is coming from :) . I'll start applying this to my left temple area daily for at least a month or two to see if it makes any difference at all. My hair is buzzed very short and I am constantly taking pictures so I should be able to spot any effect this product might have in just a few months. I'm not quite sure yet if I'll apply it once or twice a day, the packaging recommends twice a day.

Oh and here are the ingredients: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Carnitine, Creatine, I-Methylhydantoin-2-lmide, Menthol, Laureth-9, Panthenol. PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Citrate, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Parfum.

Attachments

• PICT3806.JPG
    PICT3806.JPG
    405.6 KB · Views: 190
  • PICT3803.JPG
    PICT3803.JPG
    441.6 KB · Views: 247