Night's Story - (22 / Diffuse Thinner)

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
This is my story :shock:

My condition:

I'm 22 years old. I'm a diffuse thinner it seems. I possibly started thinning as early as 16 years old. I have always had my hair long and never wanted to split it down the middle due to be being thin. I did and no one said anything and I thought it was all in my mind.

When I was 17-18 years old I was told by a girl that my hair was a bit 'thin', I just laughed it off and just thought thats how my hair was. She told some other guy that hung out with me and his hair was thinner than mine, but he didn't care either. Around this time I was having my hair dyed black ( :shakehead: ) and my mother was dying it and said that I had thin hair and I didn't need much of the liquad :shock: THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE RED FLAG!

I kept my hair long till I was 20ish. I cut my hair and I thought It was way to floppy, thin, etc. I thought my crown was weak, I just ignored it and went on with my life. I decided to grow my hair out for the last time. This time It got long and I cut it LAST month.

I saw my hair in the mirror and was like :hairy: then I got the mirror and checked the back :freaked: .

WTF!!!! I freaked out. I got really depressed, the first week it was all I could think about. I was thinking I would be bald by the age of 24 (NW6). I guess I sorta freaked out a bit. I'm not that freaked out now. I didn't know there were drugs like Propecia out there.... thanks to the internet and some research.

Hairloss in my family:
Sadly hairloss is my family, almost everyone in my family has hairloss and it didn't skip me :puke:

Fathers:
- Grandpa = Diffuse NW3 (dead)
- Dad = NW6
- Uncle 1 = NW2 (LUCKY)
- Uncle 2 = NW2.5ish (-.-)
- Uncle 3 = NW3v (I haven't seen him for years, he lives out of the country)

Mothers
- Grandpa = NW6 (shaved)
- Uncle 1 = NW5 (is possibly a six, but he shaves his head)
- Uncle 2 = NW5 (shaved as well)
- Uncle 3 = NW2 (though bad crown)
- Uncle 5 = NW3
PAST:
This one was taken in July 1998, making me 12 years old:

BASELINE PHOTOS:: Taken on Nov 18th 2008 (started Fincar from UP 1/4ths started Nov 17th 2008)

I know, shitty cell phone. I might update them in a few days, when I get batteries for the camera.

I'll probably update with alot more pictures in the next few days... so stay tuned :)

Weird, notice how my sides are as thin as my top (3 is top split down the middle, check out 4 where i grabbed the side.. hum.. though 3 is thinner still). I don't think my hairline is bad (is it? Looks fine to me)

As for side effects so far (second day) nothing. The first time I took it I got really sleepy and had the best sleep in a long time. It was great, I wish it would do it everytime.

fallenstarinc

Reaction score
hey night. your hair looks a lot like mine, though my temples are a bit worse. I also started finasteride on the 17th afer being off of it to half a year. Let's be finasteride brothers

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Woot finasteride brothers! You should post baseline pics so we can compare down the road!

fallenstarinc

Reaction score
I just put up a current post a few days ago I'm on my iPhone. Search me or I'll just post a link when I get home

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks thick, but you would know your hair better than I. I just want to close the crown for regrowth and maintain.

Though the more regrowth the better :)

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hairline looks ok.

Are you sure you're actually thinning and you're hair isn't just naturally fine? I ask as if it started in high school like you think it did, I'd expect it to look far worse that it does now 6 years later, which is barely noticeable in these pics. (Considering a man's hair balding or not is at it's on average at its thickest at the age of 20) It's natural for hair to thin slightly without actually going bald).

Anyway, it's hard to tell from those pics, you will know best. If it is thinning, it's slow which is good.

Good luck

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it is thinning. It has gotten worse in the last year though, maybe I was paranoid in High School. Though the crown never showed skull and not nearly as much when I parted it down the middle. Its slow, but surely .

fallenstarinc

Reaction score
my density is ok night, but ive lost a lot of temple ground in the past few years. my temples have "matured" but what really scares me is i have many miniaturized hairs going back into my hairline showing a nw2.5 or even 3. i dont think i'll ever completely lose my hair, but i seem to be following in my uncles footsteps of a decently thick head of Norwood 2.5 hair. i freaked out a while back, jumped on finasteride for about 5 months, saw some improvement, and then decided i was over reacting and quit. in the 6 months since then ive lost about another half inch, so decided to commit to finasteride for a year and see what happens. i dont get sides really. if my hairline thickens up i'll stay on. if i dont see much of a change i'll probably just drop it and move on. its an experiment of sorts. sometimes i feel like a pr*ck on here because i have a thick head of hair, im just trying to prevent my high hairline from getting even higher. meh. anyways, lets see what happens, eh?

btw your hair looks to be in pretty good shape as well. nice hairline.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't feel bad for having a thick hair, its said you should start early. I wish I started a year or two back. Yeah my hair line doesn't scare me much, its the crown even if its not 'that bad', its those things that you can't see how people react too. I'm like 'if I turn around are they looking at it?'

Anyway, good luck with finasteride, its risky since you don't know if it was 'holding' or maintaining. If you don't have spam and your hair doesn't get worse then no reason to stop i guess.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Reaction score
Hairline is almost exactly like mine one side thinner and less. But I must say overall could be worse, you have fine hair and maybe not a lot to begin with. That was always my problem, veyr similar and then suddenly whamo started to thin out even more.