Nicotinic acid (flush niacin) topical

Hoppi

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried this? There are some on eBay actually, marketed for hair loss.

I've been thinking about this one for years. I did experiment fairly recently with some capsules of it by mixing about 150mg of it in water and then rubbing it on my skin to see if it made it go red or anything but it doesn't seem to. I don't know if it's the strength or if it didn't dissolve or what.

I mean... it should at least stand a chance of working. It's a strong vasodilator, as is minoxidil. For a long while I've been thinking about the role of bloodflow in male pattern baldness.

I've got no idea why it hasn't been explored more. The only other good one I'm aware of is capsaicin but that would hurt!!

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about this or experiences :)

EDIT -- I contacted some of the eBay sellers... I'll update this thread as I learn more.

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried this? There are some on eBay actually, marketed for hair loss.

I've been thinking about this one for years. I did experiment fairly recently with some capsules of it by mixing about 150mg of it in water and then rubbing it on my skin to see if it made it go red or anything but it doesn't seem to. I don't know if it's the strength or if it didn't dissolve or what.

I mean... it should at least stand a chance of working. It's a strong vasodilator, as is minoxidil. For a long while I've been thinking about the role of bloodflow in male pattern baldness.

I've got no idea why it hasn't been explored more. The only other good one I'm aware of is capsaicin but that would hurt!!

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about this or experiences :)

EDIT -- I contacted some of the eBay sellers... I'll update this thread as I learn more.
@Hoppi, wow, You still around too? How is your hair? You still a full head NW1?

Hoppi

Reaction score
@Hoppi, wow, You still around too? How is your hair? You still a full head NW1?

It's been slowly thinning for 12 years now believe it or not and is now starting to finally become truly noticeable >.<

To be honest... I wasn't focused on it for a long time as in the same time I've had steadily increasing other health problems that were more pressing and all started at roughly the same time.

I actually think they're all caused by one central condition (I have scoliosis so I think it's that actually).

But yeah... it's been a while, right? :eek:

How is everything around here? ^^

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
It's been slowly thinning for 12 years now believe it or not and is now starting to finally become truly noticeable >.<

To be honest... I wasn't focused on it for a long time as in the same time I've had steadily increasing other health problems that were more pressing and all started at roughly the same time.

I actually think they're all caused by one central condition (I have scoliosis so I think it's that actually).

But yeah... it's been a while, right? :eek:

How is everything around here? ^^
It's worse that it was. This forum has become the new incel lookism forum. I thought for sure you would have found the natural cure for male pattern balding. I had all my bets on you. What happened?

Hoppi

Reaction score
It's worse that it was. This forum has become the new incel lookism forum. I thought for sure you would have found the natural cure for male pattern balding. I had all my bets on you. What happened?

lol, as I say I really wasn't super focused on hair for ages. I did try some small things here and there.

I actually have had a fair amount of success with natural/alternative remedies, but not really for hair, so far. Although I did notice that silica made my hair look quite a bit better, even if it didn't seem to regrow anything.

My plan now... I want to try nicotinic acid and also ketoconazole again. and apple cider vinegar internally because lots of people say that is good. other than that I'm focusing on fixing my scoliosis mainly.

Finasteride and minoxidil just gave me side effects when I tried them >.<

How about you? :)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
lol, as I say I really wasn't super focused on hair for ages. I did try some small things here and there.

I actually have had a fair amount of success with natural/alternative remedies, but not really for hair, so far. Although I did notice that silica made my hair look quite a bit better, even if it didn't seem to regrow anything.

My plan now... I want to try nicotinic acid and also ketoconazole again. and apple cider vinegar internally because lots of people say that is good. other than that I'm focusing on fixing my scoliosis mainly.

Finasteride and minoxidil just gave me side effects when I tried them >.<

How about you? :)
I am doing fine.