Nice video about using tape vs. glue for hair systems

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just saw this on the SHP newsletter and thought it was informative., so I posted it here just in case someone finds it useful ;)

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Listening to that would make you think tape is less damaging to heath than glue.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Weird that she says that there are a lot more chemicals in liquid adhesives. What chemicals?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird that she says that there are a lot more chemicals in liquid adhesives. What chemicals?
Because it has to stay liquid. The chemicals that do so, flash off while it dries. They've already flashed on the tape.

It's not that they're manufactured with more, the the ratio has diluted as it flashed on the tape. That flashing occurs on your dermis, which allows it to be absorbed.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
So I'm confused, are liquids safer? or is it just some glues are safer than others?, I switched to ghostbond assuming its safer than tape.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm confused, are liquids safer? or is it just some glues are safer than others?, I switched to ghostbond assuming its safer than tape.
Water based white bonds (ghostbond) are Safer than solvent based acrylic (ultrahold). There are no water based tapes.....

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
This has been DISCUSSED to death. Please... stop.
Since you've previously made a point to ask someone: " who are you to question me."

What gives you the right to dictate what others discuss?
If you don't like it, don't read it or engage........

Ed "Noah" and yourself appear to have a misconception that you occupy an upper eschalant of hiarchy, here...
You do you....and let others do as they wish....

This is an open forum...

Last edited:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Because it has to stay liquid. The chemicals that do so, flash off while it dries. They've already flashed on the tape.

It's not that they're manufactured with more, the the ratio has diluted as it flashed on the tape. That flashing occurs on your dermis, which allows it to be absorbed.
Isn't the adhesive on tape a bit liquid as well, just a lot less? Otherwise it shouldn't work I think. If it was completely dry already, could it even adhere?
Hasn't anyone yet brought any of the liquids or tapes to a lab and asked what's inside them?

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice video, I've personally always preferred glue.
Isn't the adhesive on tape a bit liquid as well, just a lot less? Otherwise it shouldn't work I think. If it was completely dry already, could it even adhere?
Hasn't anyone yet brought any of the liquids or tapes to a lab and asked what's inside them?
This could be very interesting to know but which one of us will go to a lab? Haha

Last edited:

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good point and I didn't know this info was available already. I guess I got caught up with all the paranoia online from some about how safe glues really were and was just interested. But in the end, even things like hair spray have harmful chemicals and nobody bats an eye.
Correct... but application of a chemical to your hair will not enter your bloodstream, when applied to your skin it will....

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Good point and I didn't know this info was available already. I guess I got caught up with all the paranoia online from some about how safe glues really were and was just interested. But in the end, even things like hair spray have harmful chemicals and nobody bats an eye.
And there are no documents like this for tapes.