Nice temple regrowth (w/ pics)

top gone

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster here. I would first like to thank everyone and the HairLossTalk.com website for all the wonderful info on hairloss treatments. Reading all the success stories and positive experiences from posters was enough for me to finally get off my *** and do something about my hairloss.

So about 6 months ago, after reading through this forum I decided to go for the famous Big3. A month later (June 2006) I received all the necessary products (fincar, kirkland minoxidil, and nizoral) and began using it immediately. Five months later I decided it was about time I took some pictures and I was actually quite shocked at how well my temples filled in such a short amount of time. I find it odd how minoxidil companies continue to state that it is only to be used on the vertex, despite the number of people who have experienced success in the front.

My experience with the treatments:
- went through a minoxidil shed 3 weeks in but began noticing good regrowth about 2 weeks later.
- applying minoxidil has been such a hassle. No longer can I wear a hat when I leave the house in the morning. When winter arrives, I'll probably have to drop the morning application b/c I need to cover my head with something.
- I was also having problems with the itching and residue that are caused by minoxidil, but those went away eventually.
- initially experienced various side effects like rashes on the face and rapid heartbeat after applying minoxidil, but those subsided within a few weeks.
- experienced a halt in shedding right after taking finasteride (excluding the minoxidil shed), but now I'm starting to shed like crazy. I surely hope this is all a good sign.

So enough chit chat, here are the pics. Hopefully I can maintain this look for many years to come. I'll post more in a few months to let you all know how things are going. Btw with these pics, it should be noted that I buzz my hair with a 2 guard (1/4") so it may look like I'm a serious diffuse thinner. Not to say that I'm not a DT, it's just not as severe as it may seem.

beforeafterty1.jpg

JustinM71

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent comparison pics! :D

Why not use Rogaine foam instead of the liquid in the morning?
That's what I do and it's fantastic - actually thickens the hair somewhat in appearance and there won't be any embarrassment....it dries so jolly fast it's not funny.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Congratulations on the success!

Keep up with the Big 3.

You'll notice that your hair will go through periodic shedding cycles. There's nothing you can do about that.

Keep the faith, and keep up the treatment!

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Try the minoxidil Foam

Great results top gone.

Mate I had the same issue with applying the minoxidil solution in the morning. You can't leave the house for over an hour afterwoods because of the way it looks.

Then came the solution....

Try minoxidil foam. I am not sure how many companies make the stuff, but I use the foam produced by Rogaine. It literally dries in 20mins and it doesn't leave any trace.

Good luck.

docj077

Reaction score
It looks like you have hair growing along your juvenile hairline. Those are excellent results. Very nice.

top gone

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah I haven't had hair below the temples like that since I was about 13 (I'm 26 now), so it's actually quite shocking to see it growing there. As long as I don't start sprouting hair on other places, like my forehead, then you won't hear any complaints from me though.

And I was thinking of getting minoxidil foam but I purchased a bunch of minoxidil bottles that I should make use of before it expires. I only apply it on my hairline and temples so it's gonna be a while till it all runs out. Besides, I'm already quite content with the results, so I wouldn't mind just maintaining what I have. And from what I've read, you can get away w/ applying minoxidil just once a day if you only plan on maintenance.

G

Wow, great results, you went from Norwood 1.5 to Norwood 1 again. Awesome! May I ask you when you started to see your results?

top gone

Reaction score
I think nw1 is being a little too generous... more like 1.5-2.0 (looks a lot worse in person). And I began seeing results right after my first minoxidil shed 3 weeks in. So I really started noticing a difference probably a month and a half into it.

DeRel

Reaction score
hey i had the same problem with kirkland minoxidil
cause it just left my hair very oily and could not fix them they way i wanted

now i use Spectral DNC in the morning
and Kirkland at night

Even though Spectral is quite costly,
3 mins after the application, your hair looks great.. cause it dries out and kinda looks thicker

Goodluck

G

top gone said:
I think nw1 is being a little too generous... more like 1.5-2.0 (looks a lot worse in person). And I began seeing results right after my first minoxidil shed 3 weeks in. So I really started noticing a difference probably a month and a half into it.

I think you're Norwood 1.25 now. You were Norwood 1.5 before. Trust me, I'm a NW1.5 right now, and I look like your before pic.

G

You are definetly closer to 1 than 2. Continue with your treatment and you should have a happy, hairy life. Good Luck!

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
you have officially inspired me to start minoxidil on temple area

giles890

Reaction score
Just a random question, where did u purchase the stuff from and what you lookin at for monthly(price wise)...Bt well done on hair looks awsome

top gone

Reaction score
giles890 said:
Just a random question, where did u purchase the stuff from and what you lookin at for monthly(price wise)...Bt well done on hair looks awsome

I bought the minoxidil from here: http://www.minoxidilshop.com/genmin.html
Fincar from here: http://www.pharma-orders.com/default.php?cPath=27
And Nizoral from Walmart

Price wise we're looking at roughly $12/month (american). Keep in mind that I only use minoxidil on the hairline/temples, so one bottle (one month supply) will actually last approx. 3 months.

Update: (btw I know it's against the rules to update in this section, but don't worry, I'll post in the tell your story section later and continue the updates there) That crazy shed I previously mentioned appears to have ceased. It lasted about 3-4 weeks which is a pleasant surprise considering how a lot of ppl's sheds last for months. Good thing it stopped because it feels like my hair lost a lot of density.