Niacin is it Dangerous?

snowwolf

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is a Health hazard to use Niacin, it gives me a headache and wonder if I should worry about it or just keep using it in hopes it will go away?

Snowwolf

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
First off, why are you taking it?

Yes, Niacin does have that affect on people. It is a very powerful substance. In extremely high doses, it can be toxic to the liver, but it is generally safe.

snowwolf

Reaction score
I am not taking it by itself it am taking Revivogen and someone said that it has Niacin in it. I had been getting headachs and was not sure if it was from Rivivogen or something else. Do you think that the Niacin in Revivogen could cause problems?

Healthy Nick said:

Yes, Niacin does have that affect on people. It is a very powerful substance. In extremely high doses, it can be toxic to the liver, but it is generally safe.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
There was a study which looked at the safety of niacin, and it concluded that ORAL amounts up to 1,000 mg a day (1 gram/day) were completely safe. The amount that you would get from Revivogen (if Revivogen even HAS any niacin in it, in the first place) would be far lower than that.

Having said all that, I suppose it's _conceivable_ that a given individual could be unusually sensitive to niacin, but I wouldn't think it's the likely cause of the headaches you're getting.

Bryan

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
snowwolf said:
I am not taking it by itself it am taking Revivogen and someone said that it has Niacin in it. I had been getting headachs and was not sure if it was from Rivivogen or something else. Do you think that the Niacin in Revivogen could cause problems?

Healthy Nick said:

It's definitly possible, but I can't directly conclude that it's the cause of the headaches. Headaches can have many causes and are hard to pinpoint. I would temporary eliminate things and see what happens. You're just going to have to experiment a bit.