News story about fake v****/finasteride ?

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol well if they're all fakes then i'll keep taking fakes cuz it's worked for me.

Dr Reddy FTW!

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys , they stated that the counterfeit has like 90% of the active ingredient , does that mean even if one is taking a fake pill , it will still work nevertheless?

I think i am scammed and have been taking counterfeit proscar for 4 months and i have experienced heavy shed in the 3rd month or so , and a lot of other side effects that other experience ( nut ache in the 1st 1 week or so , breast tenderness , mental fog , and increased libido )

I am still unsure if i have bought the counterfeit pills but does it really matter since it has 90% of the active ingredient , it would still work the same like the genuine.

beast

Established Member
Reaction score
flimflam said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6999160.stm

It mentions "drugs used to treat male baldness", but no more about this in the story. Says they were made in India/Pakistan. Interesting.

I just bought some finasteride from Inhouse. I will be pissed if it is fake and i get arrested over it.

danish82

Reaction score
I dont fear fake drugs, when i order generic finasteride from India. I lived there for a long time, and bought alot direct in their pharmacys, and its so cheap down there, that I cant image why anyone would ship fake drugs. Its like 0.5£ for 10 x finpecia.

Gobobo

Reaction score
danish82 said:
I dont fear fake drugs, when i order generic finasteride from India. I lived there for a long time, and bought alot direct in their pharmacys, and its so cheap down there, that I cant image why anyone would ship fake drugs. Its like 0.5£ for 10 x finpecia.

Because they're criminals?

Sorry, sarcastic answer but it grieves me that the stuff I'm taking (generic finasteride...from India) could be fake. The little blue pills cut up like the 'real' ones from UK chemists but there's no stamp imprinted on them. Apart from that and the foil looking legit I wouldn't know if they're real. But, even if they're only 60% good stuff as apposed to 90 then that's annoying but ok with me.

There's no easy answer except forking out top dollar for the best stuff, and that'll just reduce the risk of buying fakes. I've just tonight ordered 3 months supply of Kirkland Minoxidil 5% to complete my Big 3 attempt so that'll further cloud whether the finasteride is real or not.

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
OK for you guys buying generic proscar and cutting it into 1/4's I would guess you would not have to worry even if the drug is tampered with slightly. The report says that 90% of the drug still remained in each tablet which means that there is only 10% missing which still leaves you over 1 mg of finasteride in each tablet which is still over the recommended dose for Androgenetic Alopecia anyways. Am I right in this observation??

danish82

Reaction score
Gobobo said:
danish82 said:

Because they're criminals?

Sorry, sarcastic answer but it grieves me that the stuff I'm taking (generic finasteride...from India) could be fake. The little blue pills cut up like the 'real' ones from UK chemists but there's no stamp imprinted on them. Apart from that and the foil looking legit I wouldn't know if they're real. But, even if they're only 60% good stuff as apposed to 90 then that's annoying but ok with me.

But when the original drugs are so cheap, why would anyone from a respected site risk of selling fake drugs, and ruin their buisness/reputation.. Maybe you can make ten fake finpecia pills for 0.1$, compared to the original ten wich cost around 1$. But when you are selling them online for 10$, it doesnt make sense to sell fake pills.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
i have seen fake v****, sh*t looks so fake you can tell from 3 feet away.

I don't know why they want to make fake finasteride though, the profit is not there.