News Article - Trx2 And Potassium Channels

butler

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss cure - woman who lost her hair in her teens finds breakthrough treatment
THIS HAIR loss cure worked for a woman who had been suffering with thinning hair since her teens.

Kellie Jones, 29, who lives in London, began to lose her hair in her teenage years.

Understandably, the loss of her crowning glory during her formative years caused the teen stress and anxiety.

By the time she was 27 her locks were noticeably thinning at the front.

“It made me feel really self-conscious, particularly because I’m a dentist and so have to wear my hair up for work, exposing my hair line,” she said.

By the age of 50, approximately a quarter of women and half of men will have experienced some form of hair loss.

It’s thought that approximately 40 per cent of women experience hair thinning as a result of menopause, while about half of women lose more hair than usual after they’ve given birth.

The NHS said: “Hair loss, known medically as alopecia, is common. It's estimated, for instance, that around 50 per cent of women over the age of 65 experience female-pattern baldness – the most common type of hair loss, which is thought to be inherited.”

"For women, there is a social stigma attached to going bald," Jackie McKillop, Alopecia UK spokesperson and junior nursing sister at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, said.

"Hair loss can affect your sensuality and how you perceive yourself. There are usually emotional trials and tribulations when it happens.”

The same was true for Kellie, but her boyfriend suggested a treatment that actually worked. Kellie even claims her eyelashes have become longer since using it.

Oxford Biolabs, a company founded by scientists from the University of Oxford, believe they have the answer in a range of scientifically-proven products specifically formulated for men and women experiencing the early stages of hair loss.

However, Kellie tried a supplement and experienced the first results within three months.

After seven months’ use she claims she had noticeably thicker-looking hair.

“By the September it looked noticeably thicker – both my mum and boyfriend commented on it - and now, after a year of use, I’m so much happier about my appearance. I even think it’s made my eye lashes look fuller!” she said.

TRX2 claims to work by engaging with potassium channels in hair follicles.

Studies show that over time, potassium channels in men and women begin to wear out, gradually inhibiting the transport of essential nutrients to the membrane.

Hair loss in men can cause a great deal of insecurity. While there is a cure in the form of hair transplant treatments, just getting the right cut can help postpone signs of balding.

I hadn't heard about TRX2 or Oxford Biolabs before, but despite their very fancy website and "Oxford" background, a quick scan of old hair loss forums will tell you that it doesn't work.

What did intrigue me though was the line about potassium channels. Some of you may have seen my Follica patent review in another thread a while back, and I am 100% that when I was reading through them one of them referred to the mechanism of minoxidil as being a 'potassium channel opener'. It might be worth researching potassium channels, how they relate to androgenic alopecia, and if there are any other safe potassium channel openers that may be more potent than minoxidil available to try.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
TRX2 has been around for years. I hadn't tried but I'm sure there is science behind it. It's all part of the puzzle. Thanks for the article.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh god not this snake oil again. No before and after pics from any user, including the company itself. Just the science behind it. Stop making a damn mockery out of science, using its name in vain just to sell a god damn product. I remember this crap from like 2010, had a huge thread in TBT it's now buried in snake oil grave.

Want to see part of the last hopeless post in a thread with over 4k posts?

It was this:

Post #4638

"i guess we all have to make a peace with it and let it settle in like Desmond did..."

That was the last post of a thread that ran 6 years, and lots of people scammed by TRX2's "science".

Spitshade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was one of them... TRX2 is a scam of overpriced vitamins that will grow your hair fast however, it just won't grow what you want back. I took it for 12 months and I didn't get much on the end of any results. POSSIBLY less shedding, but I think that was a placebo.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Possibly TRX2 it was similar to recent Brotzu lotion. I remember the english guy with his great expectatives, .....,

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've seen TRX2 adverts on trails, it looks all very impressive until you realise that it does n't actually mention the ability to regrow hair.