News Article: Avicennia Marin / Avicequinon-C "extract from mangrove trees that can cure BALDNESS"

PaulMac

Reaction score
I take everything the Daily Mail reports with a pinch of salt, but I was looking for others to weigh in on this. Has anyone heard of or tried it? It seems to have undergone a lot of scientific trials for various skin issues in the past decade but this is the first I've seen Avicequinon-C relate to "curing" baldness.

Link to article:

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take everything the Daily Mail reports with a pinch of salt, but I was looking for others to weigh in on this. Has anyone heard of or tried it? It seems to have undergone a lot of scientific trials for various skin issues in the past decade but this is the first I've seen Avicequinon-C relate to "curing" baldness.

Link to article:
You should take everything DailyMail says with a kilogram of salt.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finally something to cure BALDNESS.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

Nothing but another 5-AR inhibitor.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thai mangrove are trees typically grow along waterways

Attachments

• 03443038-1B1D-4FAF-A1F6-AA9E23BF44D8.jpeg
    03443038-1B1D-4FAF-A1F6-AA9E23BF44D8.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 58

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently this product or the chemical compound isn’t for sale. This is a Thailand study. Here’s how they made the topical.
The heartwood of AM was obtained from a local Thai-Chinese medicinal store and was first ground into powder and further subjected to maceration using 100% methanol at room temperature for two days. The methanolic extract was then evaporated to dryness at 45 °C using a rotary evaporator.
So if you can get the Avicennia marina (AM) which is wood of mangrove, then ground it to powder, then soak it in methanol till it evaporates you have the topical.