Newly Discovered Factor in Androgenetic Alopecia. The Cure is Near?

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
As far as I know minoxidil doesn't lose its beneficial effects with time. It's the diminishing efficiency of finasteride that you're seeing I think.

Someone tried cetirizine in 2005 over several months with no success seemingly.
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...nics-for-hair-loss/page3?highlight=cetirizine

Benadryl is diphenhydramine but it seems there is a version that uses cet. The method of action forums are discussing is topical which is producing benefits. The oral route would unlikely yield any noticeable hair growth or it'd have been documented by now as a side effect.

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
i understand... but what about people who arent allergic to things?? if a allergic persons immune system fights it, does a non allergic person's immune erase it at once? as you said the human body is complicated.

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
Can't find any mention of minoxidil losing its efficiency with time here.

I was referring to your claim that finasteride loses effectiveness. No evidence so far that it does afaik and that study says in fact that it doesn't

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I was referring to your claim that finasteride loses effectiveness. No evidence so far that it does afaik and that study says in fact that it doesn't

finasteride lost it's effectiveness for me...It has for others on this forum...henceforth you cannot say that it DOESN'T lose it's effectiveness, absolutely....

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
does anyone know about other factors we can block pgd2 with? its gotta be something natural we can do... something were missing..

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Been out for a really long time.. Moved to a different Province! Bump this **** up!!!

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
welcome back squeegee!! i think everyone really missed you. Your research skills and intellect is something that i admire, you have helped me and alot , i learned so much thanks to you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2190544/Baldness-cure-reverses-genetics-market-years.html

so im sure u read this before, but i wanna ask you what you think about this? I have some positive and negative thoughts about this.

Postive thoughts:
Since anti pgd2 drugs is in development i really belive 2 years is possible in a way but i still have some doubts wich i will write down later.
Pgd2 really has to work if cotsarelis says the medicine should come out in two years.

Negative thoughts.
Why doesnt cotsarelis show us clinical studies? this just pisses me off , he promises a new drug and cant show any results. This make me sceptical.
And its only two years to medicience to come out which is good, much of clinical tests have been done i guess.But have this worked yet? so have they like passed phase 1 and to trials because anti pgd2 drugs work on scalp?
Pls i want to know your opinion , and if something is unclear pls tell me :)

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats the issue. There are too many questions with not enough information. The delivery of the news in my opinion pisses me off. This is being billed as the 'the cure'. But have not shown ample evidence to prove this is the cure.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
A cure is nw6 to nw1 and I don't see it happening anytime in the foreseeable future. If anything, all this has taught me not to get my hopes up and NEVER put your faith into anyones "promises".

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before the cure, human being shall discover a real method to avoid the problem. Are you agree?
IMHO it is neccesary to know all the hairloss`process to obtain a cure, then it could be more quick stop the "progress", and ever before achieve a new growth of hairs (cure)

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
The cure won't have to be reversable loss, but prevention for future generations.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The cure won't have to be reversable loss, but prevention for future generations.

No **** that, I want my hair back dammit. Don't you know it's better to have lost and regained than to have never lost at all? ****!

Reaction score
Hi guys,I've read a lot of the posts here in the thread and I have learned a lot! Thanks for your contribution here!!!
I want to know what George Cotsarelis and his team is doing now?
Is there any progress since the publish of the paper?
Those who are familiar with these information, can you tell us something about the latest news???
Thanks in advance!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys,I've read a lot of the posts here in the thread and I have learned a lot! Thanks for your contribution here!!!
I want to know what George Cotsarelis and his team are doing now?
Is there any progress since the publish of the paper?
Those who are familiar with these information, can you tell us something about the latest news???
Thanks in advance!!!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
ok... he ya go.. Here is my theory for Male Pattern Baldness... Been looking why PGD2 GO CRAZY... excess Pgd2= overexpression of Cox-2...

here is the steps why you go bald and makes you life miserable...

DHT promotes the expression or activation of NF-KB..(nuclear factor kappa-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells) then COX-2 go over expressed to overcome the inflammation.. but everything stay in a chronic state. You go bald. Cell Apoptosis, stopping of progenitor cell migration...........and hair cycle goes to ****...

Sparky4444

Reaction score
ok... he ya go.. Here is my theory for Male Pattern Baldness... Been looking why PGD2 GO CRAZY... excess Pgd2= overexpression of Cox-2...

here is the steps why you go bald and makes you life miserable...

DHT promotes the expression or activation of NF-KB..(nuclear factor kappa-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells) then COX-2 go over expressed to overcome the inflammation.. but everything stay in a chronic state. You go bald. Cell Apoptosis, stopping of progenitor cell migration...........and hair cycle goes to ****...

I also think that at some point the COX-2 part becomes self-sustaining and independent of DHT