Newly Discovered Factor in Androgenetic Alopecia. The Cure is Near?

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: A recently discovered new factor in AA, the cure is near :)

squeegee said:
If PGD2 is the real culprit of hair loss.. Why nothing has been done yet? :woot: It is just a billion $$$$$$ industry.

exactly... we have awesome treatments for the most obscure diseases in the world yet we have nothing for baldness.

anyways, at least now we know the main reason why people go bald.
Balance out prostaglandins and you'll be growing a full head of hair soon. No need for replicel or histogen :innocent:

voila

Reaction score

Hi everyone from spain!

Unfortunetly I've become a great hairlossforums follower hoping some day I'll have the cure in front of my eyes. maybe this PGD2 story is a good chance. I'm kind of excited about it but at the same time a little bit afraid.

For example, one thing It makes me doubt is that study from 2007. They're allready talking about Prostangladines especifically the PGD2. Why we haven't Known it since now? I can imagine answers related to patents or Pharmaceutics conspiracy but anyway It make me think. by the way 2020 can you explain me this picture with the rats?, it supposed to be a diference between PGD2 treated and vehicle treated but I can't see the diference. the picture is very bad anyway.

Another thing I don't understand (maybe it's such a stupid question) is how we can buy something (OC000459) which is not aproved by the FDA? and at the same time how can they produce it?. I guess it happens the same with RU and it doesn't seems to be any trouble.

Hoping this works....

Thank You, Voila.

Experienced Member
Reaction score

voila said:
Hi everyone from spain!

Unfortunetly I've become a great hairlossforums follower hoping some day I'll have the cure in front of my eyes. maybe this PGD2 story is a good chance. I'm kind of excited about it but at the same time a little bit afraid.

it's not a chance... we now know that prostaglandin "inbalance" is responsible for hair loss.
Fix it and you will cure hair loss. The trick now is finding the right drug

voila said:
by the way 2020 can you explain me this picture with the rats?, it supposed to be a diference between PGD2 treated and vehicle treated but I can't see the diference. the picture is very bad anyway.

two mice.

Scientists applied PGD2 on mouse A
Scientists applied a placebo on mouse B

Mouse A lost its hair while mouse B was unaffected.

Pictures are decent they're just black and white... :innocent:

voila said:
Another thing I don't understand (maybe it's such a stupid question) is how we can buy something (OC000459) which is not aproved by the FDA? and at the same time how can they produce it?. I guess it happens the same with RU and it doesn't seems to be any trouble.

yeah those offshore labs don't care about the laws... they'll make anything for you if you just pay them :whistle:

T

TravisB

2020 you sound like wishful thinker to me. How can you be so sure that this thing will save our hair?

I remember you were writing the same sh*t about Replicel. You were 100% sure that RepliFail is a cure. And guess what? It's a FAIL, not a cure.

I wonder what will you hold on to next if this PGD2 thing fails, which is more than likely.

You see, the new "cures" regularly come to these forums since the beginning, and yet nothing has succeeded.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

COX-2-mediated PGD2 synthesis regulates phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis in rat renal papillary tissue.
Fernández-Tome M, Kraemer L, Federman SC, Favale N, Speziale E, Sterin-Speziale N.
Source

Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires, IQUIFIB-CONICET, Junin, 1113, Buenos Aires, Argentina. fertome@mail.retina.ar
Abstract

Phosphatidylcholine (PC) is the major membrane phospholipid in mammalian cells. Previous works from our laboratory demonstrated a close metabolic relationship between the maintenance of PC biosynthesis and the prostaglandins endogenously synthesized by cyclooxygenase (COX) in rat renal papilla. In the present work, we studied the COX isoform involved in papillary PC biosynthesis regulation. The incorporation of [methyl-3H]choline and [32P]orthophosphate to PC was determined in the absence and presence of SC-560 and NS-398, COX-1 and COX-2 specific inhibitors. PC synthesis was highly sensitive to COX-2 inhibition, while COX-1 inhibition only reduced PC synthesis at high SC-560 concentration. The analysis of choline-containing metabolites showed that COX-2 inhibition affected the formation of CDP-choline intermediary. The evaluation of PC biosynthetic enzymes revealed that microsomal, as well as nuclear, CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase (CCT), and nuclear-CDP-choline:1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase (CTP) activities were affected by COX-2 inhibition. The addition of exogenous prostaglandin D(2) (PGD(2)) restored nuclear-CCT and -CPT activities but not microsomal CCT. Papillary synthesis of PGD(2) was only detected in nuclear fraction where it was blocked by COX-2 inhibitor NS-398, but not by COX-1 inhibitor. All together, the present results demonstrated that COX-2-mediated PGD(2) synthesis is a PC biosynthesis regulator in rat renal papilla. Considering the importance of the maintenance of PC biosynthesis for the preservation of cell membrane homeostasis to ensure cell viability, and the extensive use of COX-2 inhibitors in therapeutics, the present results could have great pharmacological implications, and can constitute a biochemical explanation for the nephrotoxic effect of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

Experienced Member
Reaction score

TravisB said:
I wonder what will you hold on to next if this PGD2 thing fails, which is more than likely.

Why wouldn't it work? It's been PROVEN that PGD2 inhibits hair growth.... bald men have too much of it so it's obvious why they go bald.

Correcting prostaglandins will cure hair loss 100%.

NOW: whether this particular drug(OC0459) is effective at doing that, that's another question.... Finding the right drug will be hard but at least we know what we're looking at

T

TravisB

You see, aspirin suppresses PGD2 by 86%, and are there any reports of hair regrowth from people using aspirin?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

TravisB said:
You see, aspirin suppresses PGD2 by 86%, and are there any reports of hair regrowth from people using aspirin?

That was during this experiment, not a long-term study on aspirin ingestion LOL

Quercetin and luteolin administered intraperitoneally 45 minutes before niacin blocked the niacin effect by 96% and 88%, respectively, while aspirin inhibited the niacin effect by 30%. Plasma PGD2 and 5-hair transplant were increased twofold by niacin, while luteolin suppressed plasma PGD2 and 5-hair transplant by 100% and 67%, respectively, and aspirin lowered only PGD2 (by 86%).

Experienced Member
Reaction score

TravisB said:

because aspirin also inhibits COX-2 which then lowers your levels of all prostaglandins including the good ones.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score

i know its only the third time ive applied the cetirizine on my head but im actually worried about how well its absorbed by my scalp.

i buzz my head so pretty much any topical gets applied fully anyway, but its literally 2-3 minutes of a virtual drenching in the mpd areas before its completely dry.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7741033
Concentrations of 1 and 10 micrograms/ml enhanced PGE2 release by LPS-stimulated monocytes, and by healthy and inflamed rat macrophages. This effect was concentration-dependent. Our findings point to an anti-inflammatory action of cetirizine via PGE2 release and histamine H2 interactions. Cetirizine did not directly modify IL-1 generation by resting monocytes but the IL-1 production observed after LPS stimulation could promote the mechanisms by which PGE2 is released.

how do i calculate the concentration of a mix? if its simply micrograms/ml (ml of what?!) then im using far too much of this stuff. 84 miligrams is 84,000 micrograms, so im using 84,000 micrograms / 200ml, or 420micrograms per ml ...

lol that cant be right can it? i still want to keep applying given theres no irritation and its so easy.

"Histamine release was not altered by cetirizine treatment, but prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) production, which peaked at 3 to 5 hours, was clearly reduced by cetirizine treatment, being lower at all time points during the reaction; this was significant by analysis of variance (p ? 0.04). The inhibition was most marked during the fifth hour of the reaction when there was a 50% suppression of the PGD2 level by cetirizine (0.193 ng/ml to 0.075 ng/ml [p ? 0.03]). The most dramatic effect of cetirizine was attenuation of the inflammatory cell migration into the chamber. "

again at those doses, im using far too much.

jp88

Reaction score

2020 said:
Am I reading this right:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_h ... 5334/pg_2/

Plasma PGD2 and 5-hair transplant were increased twofold by niacin, while luteolin suppressed plasma PGD2 and 5-hair transplant by 100% and 67%, respectively, and aspirin lowered only PGD2 (by 86%).

:woot:

Does this mean we could just supplement with Luteolin?

J

jonson

Where can i buy this 00c349 thing?

bboy2

Reaction score

So this calls for a reassessment of minoxidil. Does this mean the mechanism of action for minoxidil all this time was it's ability to increase e2 levels? Meaning it lost it's effectiveness over time due to the continued increase of d2? Also meaning the reason for varying success of users was due to their balance of d2/e2 at the outset of use?

Does this also mean that minoxidil will be useful to use along with a d2 inhibitor to get the d2/e2 balance right?

If so I think it's kind of ironic that minoxidil will pass into the second generation of treatments while anti androgen will be dropped considering the general opinion of it as a mostly ineffective one off hair booster.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score

Experienced Member
Reaction score

bboy2 said:
So this calls for a reassessment of minoxidil. Does this mean the mechanism of action for minoxidil all this time was it's ability to increase e2 levels? Meaning it lost it's effectiveness over time due to the continued increase of d2? Also meaning the reason for varying success of users was due to their balance of d2/e2 at the outset of use?

bingo! :)

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score

they sell it in powdered form too, could easily stick 100mg of it into my bottle of folligen or something.

Fight Your Genes

Reaction score

Hey Guy, I have to say this is one of the most interesting threads on the internet at the moment, I think the PGD2 study is a long awaited breakthrough in terms of research.

I have a question, squeegee posted earlier that thyme oil reduces COX-2 Enzymatic activity now while that reduces good Prostaglandins would combining thyme oil with minoxidill (presuming that minoxidil
up-regulates PGE2) be a good start until we can see the results from this OC000459 experiment.