Newly Discovered Factor in Androgenetic Alopecia. The Cure is Near?

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: A recently discovered new factor in AA, the cure is near :)

all right then.... I'll be awaiting your results :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

If this worked 100%, then you would get a MASSIVE SHED within the first week since this is potentially even more effective than dutasteride

Boldy

Established Member
Reaction score

2020 said:
all right then.... I'll be awaiting your results :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

If this worked 100%, then you would get a MASSIVE SHED within the first week since this is potentially even more effective than dutasteride

Indeed ;) thats completely true., but on the other side, finasteride/dutasteride, touch the cox1-2, which is also regulate pge2+pgf2alpha, but yes, there Must be a huge shedding. :)

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Boldly, what about this:

http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/20 ... spect.html

Merck isn’t studying the anti-flushing drug in hair loss, said Ian McConnell, a Merck spokesman, in a telephone interview. “We haven’t seen any signalsâ€￾ in patient trials that the therapy might reduce baldness, he said.

does that mean that Merck already tried something similar to your product and it didn't work?

Loomis

Reaction score

2020 said:
Boldly, what about this:

http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/20 ... spect.html

Merck isn’t studying the anti-flushing drug in hair loss, said Ian McConnell, a Merck spokesman, in a telephone interview. “We haven’t seen any signalsâ€￾ in patient trials that the therapy might reduce baldness, he said.

does that mean that Merck already tried something similar to your product and it didn't work?

I think the merck drug was for a different receptor, and they weren't testing it topically, which is what we would need to do.

Good luck to Boldy and anyone else who is going to be the first to test this, please keep us informed of your results.

czvezda

Reaction score

LooseItAll said:
I've already posted a study:

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/2 ... 8.full.pdf

Because DHT induced COX-2 does not produce PGE2. Only inflammatory induced COX-2 raises PGE2 considerably. That's why I think a topical COX-2 inhibitor should work wonders + minoxidil

I will try the topical COX-2 inhibitor route for now. So it would be good if someone tested the GPR44 antagonist approach either with ramatroban or this OC stuff.

This study is not particularly useful. Here are some quotes from the discussion section:

Since COX-2 levels were increased after DHT treatment in
the absence of inflammation, we predicted that DHT would
also increase COX-2 levels in the presence of induced inflammation.
Surprisingly, DHT actually attenuated COX-2 levels in
the presence of cytokine or endotoxin stimulation. The AR
antagonist bicalutamide was unable to block this effect of
DHT.

Most bald human scalp experience some degree of chronic inflammation so according to above observation one should observe DHT-induced inhibition of inflammation. But on the other side DHT is the cause of that same inflammation.

Surprisingly, the
effects of DHT on COX-2 levels did not translate to changes in
PGE2 production, although other COX-2-derived end products
(prostacyclin, PGF2, and PGD2) may prove to be androgen
targets.

So this study says nothing about PGD2 production.

abcdefg

Reaction score

I am first to say I hope it works and you guys pulled a lot more out of those studies then I could. I just wonder given how complex everything in body turns out to be how do you know at this early stage its not some more complex combination of these prostaglandin proteins that they mention? It could be a combination of 20 different ones in higher or lower concentrations between balding verse non balding scalps.
It just seems too simple, but honestly I would not be suprised if one day male pattern baldness is cured by a discovery just like this one. male pattern baldness might turn out to not be nearly as complex as once thought it can all change with one new puzzle piece.

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score

There has been no true evidence that masturbation increases the effects of male pattern baldness. This is a common fallacy.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score

czvezda said:
LooseItAll said:
I've already posted a study:

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/2 ... 8.full.pdf

Because DHT induced COX-2 does not produce PGE2. Only inflammatory induced COX-2 raises PGE2 considerably. That's why I think a topical COX-2 inhibitor should work wonders + minoxidil

I will try the topical COX-2 inhibitor route for now. So it would be good if someone tested the GPR44 antagonist approach either with ramatroban or this OC stuff.

This study is not particularly useful. Here are some quotes from the discussion section:

Since COX-2 levels were increased after DHT treatment in
the absence of inflammation, we predicted that DHT would
also increase COX-2 levels in the presence of induced inflammation.
Surprisingly, DHT actually attenuated COX-2 levels in
the presence of cytokine or endotoxin stimulation. The AR
antagonist bicalutamide was unable to block this effect of
DHT.

Most bald human scalp experience some degree of chronic inflammation so according to above observation one should observe DHT-induced inhibition of inflammation. But on the other side DHT is the cause of that same inflammation.

Surprisingly, the
effects of DHT on COX-2 levels did not translate to changes in
PGE2 production, although other COX-2-derived end products
(prostacyclin, PGF2, and PGD2) may prove to be androgen
targets.

So this study says nothing about PGD2 production.

It doesn't but you can safely conclude that PGD2 raises. After all what would be the cause of PGD2 elevation if not DHT iduced COX-2? This study just puts the final brick as to why elevated COX-2 could lead to baldness despite us knowing that PGE2 is good for hair growth. That's because it doesn't raise PGE2 so the PGE2/PGD2 balans is shifted in favor of PGD2.

czvezda

Reaction score

LooseItAll said:
It doesn't but you can safely conclude that PGD2 raises. After all what would be the cause of PGD2 elevation if not DHT iduced COX-2? This study just puts the final brick as to why elevated COX-2 could lead to baldness despite us knowing that PGE2 is good for hair growth. That's because it doesn't raise PGE2 so the PGE2/PGD2 balans is shifted in favor of PGD2.

Unfortunately, the study is not making those claims but you are. There is no way to conjecture from the study what is going on with PGD2.
If anything, from the study it seems like PGD2 production is decreased by DHT. Because DHT decreases COX-1 and COX-2 activity in the presence of inflammation (human bald scalp) and PGE2 production is unchanged. One can conclude that this unchanged PGE2 levels are at the expense of other prostaglandins/prstacyclins (they all share the same COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes).

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score

czvezda said:
LooseItAll said:

Unfortunately, the study is not making those claims but you are. There is no way to conjecture from the study what is going on with PGD2.
If anything, from the study it seems like PGD2 production is decreased by DHT. Because DHT decreases COX-1 and COX-2 activity in the presence of inflammation (human bald scalp) and PGE2 production is unchanged. One can conclude that this unchanged PGE2 levels are at the expense of other prostaglandins/prstacyclins (they all share the same COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes).

No. The conclusion of this study is that DHT can cause some sort of inflammation by increasing COX-2. But with a "real" inflammation DHT slightly reduces COX-2.

The inflammation in human bald scalp is due to DHT, so it is a PGE2 nonincreased inflammation with probably increased PGD2.

Keep in mind that raised PGD2 levels in scalp are the proven cause of male pattern baldness. But it has to be linked with androgens and AR-binding. Otherwise antiandrogens wouldn't have an effect.

I will prove to you my theory with regrowth :punk:

sapinho

Reaction score

The inflammation in human bald scalp is due to DHT, so it is a PGE2 nonincreased inflammation with probably increased PGD2.

COX2 should increase PGE2. Right?

Doesn't this strike you as a mystery as to "how" DHT leads to increased COX2 while not increasing PGE2?

I'm going to assume that the culprit is more than just (DHT-induced) COX2 leading to increased PGD2.

Between blocking COX2 and blocking PGD2, at this point, perhaps the majority are correct in trying to attack PGD2. Much is already known about what DHT induces, 10-fold higher PGD2 simply stands out above the rest, but there's more to it, and it's likely not just COX2.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score

sapinho said:

Doesn't this strike you as a mystery as to "how" DHT leads to increased COX2 while not increasing PGE2?

I'm going to assume that the culprit is more than just (DHT-induced) COX2 leading to increased PGD2.

Between blocking COX2 and blocking PGD2, at this point, perhaps the majority are correct in trying to attack PGD2. Much is already known about what DHT induces, 10-fold higher PGD2 simply stands out above the rest, but there's more to it, and it's likely not just COX2.

Estrogen induced COX2 produces PGI2. So there is a possibility that DHT induced COX-2 produces PGD2.

The problem with blocking PGD2 is that blocking it completely may not be beneficial in terms of health as I am sure that the basic level of PGD2 is there for a reason. If I am correct then blocking COX-2 will surpress only the extra PGD2 that is DHT induced causing baldness.

BTW if nobody will try, nobody will ever know

sapinho

Reaction score

I agree that that's a decent approach, sorry to sound like a pessimist. Just easier to get behind what the study did prove.

It certainly would have been interesting if the study, which noted the overexpressed immune response, would have studied what happens to PTGDS and PTGES levels as COX2 is reduced.

Experienced Member
Reaction score

isn't COX-2 responsible for inflammation??

anyways, it would be UNREAL if a cure were to be discovered at this forum, IN THIS THREAD! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Boldy

Established Member
Reaction score

30 people will try, so we will know very soon!:)

LooseItAll said:
sapinho said:

Estrogen induced COX2 produces PGI2. So there is a possibility that DHT induced COX-2 produces PGD2.

The problem with blocking PGD2 is that blocking it completely may not be beneficial in terms of health as I am sure that the basic level of PGD2 is there for a reason. If I am correct then blocking COX-2 will surpress only the extra PGD2 that is DHT induced causing baldness.

BTW if nobody will try, nobody will ever know

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score

60 dollars a gram is a good price

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score

2020 said:
isn't COX-2 responsible for inflammation??

anyways, it would be UNREAL if a cure were to be discovered at this forum, IN THIS THREAD! :woot: :woot: :woot:
trust me, talks like these go on all the time. no biggie

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score

So what is the best product we know so far that can help fight this?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks for the op and the pro active people that participated in this thread. Over the years I tried a lot of supplements and topicals .... The best thing I ever tried was Miconazole Nitrate4% and minoxidil duo.. Even Female having great results with Mico only....Here here an Interesting study..
Miconazole inhibition of platelet aggregation by inhibiting cyclooxygenase.

AuthorsIshikawa S, et al. Show all Journal
Biochem Pharmacol. 1986 Jun 1;35(11):1787-92.iu
Affiliation
Abstract
Platelet dysfunction was found in rabbits to which a dose of miconazole nitrate (1.6 mg/kg body wt) therapeutic for human subjects had been given intravenously. The present experiments were conducted to elucidate the mechanism of inhibitory effects of miconazole on platelet function. After administration of a single dose of miconazole, rabbit platelet aggregation induced by collagen and sodium arachidonate was inhibited significantly for approximately 24 hr. On the other hand, hypertriglycemia, one of the major side effects of this drug, was not seen during 2 days of observations, nor were any other outstanding manifestations observed. In in vitro experiments, miconazole nitrate (10 microM) also significantly inhibited rabbit and human platelet aggregation (P less than 0.01). Biochemical analyses revealed that the stimulant-induced formation of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) and thromboxane B2 (TXB2), metabolites via cyclooxygenase, was inhibited by miconazole nitrate in both human and rabbit platelets in vitro. PGE2 production was decreased dose-dependently with the increase of miconazole concentration (10 to 100 microM), and the decrease was in parallel with a decrease of TXB2 production. In addition, malondialdehyde (MDA) production of human and rabbit platelets induced by exogenous arachidonate and collagen was also inhibited significantly by miconazole. Chromatographic studies showed that the amount of 12-L-hydroxy-5,8,10,14-eicosatetraenoic acid (HETE), a metabolite via lipoxygenase, was increased markedly in accordance with the miconazole-induced decrease of TXB2 and 12-L-hydroxy-5,8,10-heptadecatrienoic acid (HHT) formation in both human and rabbit platelets. These results indicate that miconazole nitrate inhibits platelet cyclooxygenase, without affecting the stimulant-induced release of arachidonic acid from platelet phospholipids. Use of this drug in the treatment of systemic fungal infection appears to be increasing. Careful attention should be paid to the inhibitory effects of miconazole on platelet function, especially in the case of intravenous treatment.

PMID 3087363 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Full text: Elsevier Science
Related CitationsShow all
Triphenyltin fluoride in vitro inhibition of rabbit platelet collagen-induced aggregation and ATP secretion and blockade of arachidonic acid mobilization from membrane phospholipids.
Arachidonate metabolism, 5-hydroxytryptamine release and aggregation in human platelets activated by palmitaldehyde acetal phosphatidic acid.
In vitro effects of picotamide on human platelet aggregation, the release reaction and thromboxane B2 production.
Benzodiazepines inhibit human platelet activation: comparison of the mechanism of antiplatelet actions of flurazepam and diazepam.
Effect of tert-butyl hydroperoxide on cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase metabolism of arachidonic acid in rabbit platelets.