Newbie with hair loss issues

tronfan

Reaction score
Hi all to start off I am 26
i had long curly hair for about 3-4 yrs and it was about down to my lower back
i always wore my hair in a pony tail when going to school or work or anywhere outside.
about September this year I decided I was tired of long hair and cut it very short
now ever since that hair cut I have had a itchy scalp and feel some tingling as well.
and seems my scalp is overly dry if I run my hand thru my hair I get quite a few white small flakes falling
i also get a few hairs falling off every time I run my hand thru my hair which is concerning because I never had this issue with long hair or before growing it out.
the hairs that fall off have a white bulb looking thing at the ends.
i am not really sure what to do, it feels ever since my hair I have this issues.
i haven't tried switching shampoos and I also haven't had any change in diet either.
any help is greatly appreciated.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
lkH4jcg.jpg

Aneik

Reaction score
White bulb at the end is not an issue...just see if the hairs are thinning or not.....Compare the hair shaft diameter of crown/frontal area with that of back/sides of the head by looking very closely in a well-lit room.....If the crown/frontal hairs are thinning then its male pattern baldness....
Regarding white flakes, it can be fungal infection....So,try Nizral 2% for few weeks (2*per week),it is both anti-fungal & anti-androgenic.....

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably is male pattern baldness. If it is you would want to start finasteride

tronfan

Reaction score
If I compared hair shaft from the sides and back with the top and the hair on my crown still looks thick. I have always had thick hair and doesn't seem any different then before and looks the same no thinning compared to hair on my sides or back.

the thing that still bothers me is that this issue started immeditialy after my hair cut.
before this I diddnt have itchy scalp. I have had dryness but not how it is now.
should I see a doctor to confirm what exactly it might be like Aneik said it could be an infection?
And where can I get nizoral 2%?

Aneik

Reaction score
If I compared hair shaft from the sides and back with the top and the hair on my crown still looks thick. I have always had thick hair and doesn't seem any different then before and looks the same no thinning compared to hair on my sides or back.

the thing that still bothers me is that this issue started immeditialy after my hair cut.
before this I diddnt have itchy scalp. I have had dryness but not how it is now.
should I see a doctor to confirm what exactly it might be like Aneik said it could be an infection?
And where can I get nizoral 2%?

yes probably its just a fungal infection....Contact a dermatologist ASAP....

tronfan

Reaction score
Can you post photos?

- - - Updated - - -

The white bulbs are a sign that they are either shrinking and being pushed out. Or growing and being pushed out. When I was on finasteride I continued to shed white bulb hairs for over three years before my hair became normal. Than as I quit they slowly shrunk. Now when I lose them there is barely a bulb at all on the end. It's almost a dead hair :/

Photos of my scalp or just the hairs that are shedding?