Newbie /w Receding hairline| Visit doctor or go on BIG 3?| Pics and Family history.|

shree

Reaction score
Family history:

Father side:
Father is bald, his brother is bald, but their father was not bald. They're grandfather was.

Mother side:
Mother is not bald, her father was bald, her grandfather was bald too.

Medicinal history:
Never used any medicine before. Just uses a dandruff shampoo.

Cosmetics tried:

I uses a partial hair system at times, as I work with a small group of artists for mime shows, sometimes its required to get a sharp looking hairline for the show .

pics:(bald clarity (webcam)).
WIN_20160115_20_22_31_Pro.jpg~WIN_20160115_20_22_39_Pro.jpg

I know I can get minoxidl and finasteride without prescription, but should I visit a doctor or just get them from a pharmacy? Regarding nizoral, I've a dry skin, should I go for it?

This is my plan for treatment, is it fine or should go to a Doctor.?
1. Minoxidil 2 x a day
2. Finesteride (propecia/proscar) .
3. Nizoral 2 x a weeks

paphotoguyHLT

Reaction score
The increased cancer risk scares me away from the pills. I know it's a slight risk, but if it's between losing my hair or possibly getting cancer, I'm going bald.

shree

Reaction score
Any idea what Norwood scale I fall on? I only have hairloss from my hairline now.

tillymetcalfe

Reaction score
hair color

thehennaguys.com offer 11 different hennas that can be mixed together to make over 70 different shades.

djhair

Reaction score
If I was you. I would at least start taking Minoxidil and try out finasteride for a month see how you feel, then take it from their. I don't really see the difference going to a doctor will make apart from confirm your own views, unless you want them to prescribe the finasteride for you depending on your age ?