Newbie Question

Big Perm

Reaction score
I am new here and I was wondering what the big 3 are? Also do you have to have a prescription to get propecia? Thanks for your help.

G

BIg Three
1. Finasteride, Reduces dht (horomone in scalp believed to cause balding, yes u need a prescription for propecia or proscar, same thing, difference is $
2. Minoxidil
3. Nizoral shampoo, contains ketnazacole, helps decrease dht activity in scalp, relieves male pattern baldness symptoms (itiching, irritation)

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
minoxidil is rogaine btw, minoxidil is much cheaper then rogaine and they do same sh*t

drinkrum

Reaction score
You can easily buy finasteride online (either Propecia or Proscar) without a prescription. The active ingredient in Nizoral shampoo is ketoconazole not "ketnazacole".

D.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Big Perm said:
Thank you all for your replies. I guess the big three will be my new regimen.

Just for clarity.

1. Take 1mg of finasteride once a day
This can be a single 1mg Propecia Pill or 1 fifth of a 5mg Proscar Pill

2. Apply 5% Minoxidil to the thinning areas twice a day.
Minoxidil is sold as Rogaine, Regaine, Kirkland, Dr Lee's and various others

3. Use Nizoral (2% Ketoconazole) shampoo 2 - 3 times a week
lather and let it sit on your scalp for a few minutes

This is a basic starting point for regrowth, you can ramp it up (with additional inconvenience) if you need to, or strip it down a little if you feel you just want to maintain what you have and don't need so much in the way of regrowth.

Big Perm

Reaction score
Thanks again.

Tynam- I know where to get minoxidil and I guess I have to visit a Derm to get propecia even tough I'd rather not. How do I get nizoral?

G

Big Perm said:
Thanks again.

Tynam- I know where to get minoxidil and I guess I have to visit a Derm to get propecia even tough I'd rather not. How do I get nizoral?

You can buy it in Boots the Chemist or online

neonman1212

Reaction score
Big Perm said:
I am new here and I was wondering what the big 3 are?

The big 3 are:

You chose the wrong father.
You chose the wrong mother.
You chose the wrong time to be born.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Big Perm said:
Thanks again.

If you find Rogaine or any of the various other brands of minoxidil greasy and slow to dry (which, in general, they are) I recommend you try Dr Lees Standard Minoxidil (Product 500 at http://www.xandrox.com ) it is non-greasy and dries in around 10 minutes (as opposed to Rogaines 2-4 hours).

Finasteride (Propecia/Proscar/Finpecia/Fincar etc) is widely available online, often there is no requirement for a prescription, I get my Proscar from http://www.qhi.co.uk who only require you to post or fax them a signed disclaimer form.

Nizoral Shampoo is also widely available online, here in the UK you can walk into pretty much any good store that sells shampoo and pick it up off the shelf.

Good Luck

Tynan