newbie needs help

Reaction score
Hi All

Im new here and have read alot of stuff on the net so as expected, I have many questions.

Im 27 years old. V shaped hairline. And thinning all over top of head.

I've just started using 5% kirkland minoxidil about a week ago. Obviously no change yet.

1. Will minoxidil work on the crown & hair line?

2. Will finasteride work on the crown & hair line?

3. Should I start on finasteride? Im abit concerned about the lowered libido and erection troubles that i've read about.

4. If I start finasteride after the shedding and regrowth stage of minoxidil, will I shed again?

5. If I decide to stop finasteride (by fading it out) because of side effects, but continue to use minoxidil, will I keep all the hair gained from both treatments?

6. If I decide to stop minoxidil (by fading it out) because of side effects, but continue to use finasteride, will I keep all the hair gained from both treatments?

7. Does finasteride stop working after 1 year? Do I have to stop after 1 year and start again 3 months later, then repeat this for as long as i use it?

8. Most important question. Can anyone recommend a 2/3 year treatment plan? I've read so many different things I dont know what to do :(
Ideally I would like to stop the minoxidil and cut down on the finasteride after about a year. Is this recomended?

Thanks to anyone that helps