Newbie needs help.

lordcrill

Reaction score
did any one ever order generic avodart from the "get your treatments" tab off this site. Is it legit.?

also please explain the term "half life" im guessing thats the term of how long the pill is in your system?

whatever it is, can you explain it in avodarts case? much appreciated fellas thank you in advance

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
...also please explain the term "half life" im guessing thats the term of how long the pill is in your system? whatever it is, can you explain it in avodarts case?...

The "half-life" of Avodart depends to a considerable extent on how much dutasteride you take. When you take the full, recommended dose every day (0.5 mg/day), the half-life can last as long as 4-5 weeks. But if you take a smaller amount (like 0.1 mg/day, for example), its half-life may only be around 2 or 3 days.

lordcrill

Reaction score
bryan: so your saying if i take a .5 mg for a month and thn stop, i have avodart in my system for 4-5 weeks which means what exactly? that i dont need to take the pill for that length of time bc its in my system? sorry, im just trying to fully understand

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
bryan: so your saying if i take a .5 mg for a month and thn stop, i have avodart in my system for 4-5 weeks which means what exactly? that i dont need to take the pill for that length of time bc its in my system? sorry, im just trying to fully understand

It means that it continues to help suppress the formation of DHT for a while, even after you stop taking the dutasteride.

nikemata

Reaction score
Drug's half life is determined by finding out how long it takes Dutasteride (Avodart) to be eliminated from blood plasma by one half of its strength. This means that if you take 5mg of Dutasteride, 240 hours later you will still have 2.5mg of Dutasteride in your body, and 1.25mg, 240 hours after that. After 1 month there will still be 0.625mg present in your body.