Newbie : I want a hair transplant. I'm in UK. Willing to travel

scoob

Reaction score
Hi there. I posted a thread a while back to understand the best place to get a hair transplant in the UK and was advised to not have it done in the UK. So where is the best surgeon to go for. Willing to go to the US if I have to or canada. Which is the best guy. Best technique and best clinic? Ideally I would prefer europe. Somone mentioned theres a good surgeon in Dublin? Thanks guys
Scoob.

s.a.f

Reaction score
We cant tell you whats best for you we dont know your situation.
The only thing to do is educate yourself on the types of surgury available and their limitations ect. Stay on this section and keep reading!!!!

DHR

Reaction score
Dr Farjo, I think, is currently the only UK surgeon who've I've seen listed on the "iahrs" (International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons) register, which is a good sign for him.

However, if I'm honest, I'd probably still travel abroad.

As for Armani, he's known as being one of the best hairline surgeons, however some don't fully agree with his methods as he's known to operation on younger panitents and for not being conservative with grafts, putting them down quite thickly, he's also expensive.

So if you're thinking of going with him (which would probably be a better choice than most UK surgeons) the wiseness of this choice varys on how many grafts you need, the extent of your hair loss and how much more you think you'll loose in future, but these are factors I#d advise you to think about, regardless of the surgeon.

scoob

Reaction score
So should I go to the Farjo clinic UK? The clinic in Athens (greece) or Armani?

Cheers
Scoob.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
in belgium there also 2 good clinics :

dr ******** and prohair clinic , both have result videos on youtube :

prohairclinic :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBE4x3m1snU

dr ******** :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9yKOvCmiu4

i'm going on 5 april 2010 to prohair , there price/quality is exceptional...
prohair charges me 5750 euro for 2500 fue
and they deliver verry good result , i know many patients from them that are active on our hairforum (www.haarweb.nl )
theres people from outside belgium on our forum , they post in english , we respond in english...

at ******** i thing the price was between 8000 to 10.000 euro for the same
but still a verry good hair transplant-doctor...

amsch

Reaction score
No, don't go to UK.

What are you looking for? Which Norwood are you? are you looking for a teenage hairline? how old are you?

scoob

Reaction score
I'm in between N3 and N4 i would say, Yes looking for my teenage hairline back and the bald patch at the back of my head...

amsch

Reaction score
scoob said:
I'm in between N3 and N4 i would say, Yes looking for my teenage hairline back and the bald patch at the back of my head...
How old are you? Are you on meds? Are you sure you stopped your hairloss?

BadHairUK

Reaction score
scoob said:
So should I go to the Farjo clinic UK? The clinic in Athens (greece) or Armani?

Cheers
Scoob.

Hi Scoob,

The guys that have helped you here are really giving you some great advice, the reason they are not telling you 'which one' is because its not there choice, its yours ;) but I know when I was in your situation (I'm also from the UK) I did all the same thing and asked these questions...did my research and time and time again, the Dr that gave me the most peace of mind and came out as the best Dr for me was Dr Feller in NYC. He is in my opinion the best Dr to take care of your hair loss 'now' and your 'future' by considering how you hair loss pattern looks and may continue to recede over the next decade or so etc, and leaving you enough donor supply to deal with that should it happen.

I would go back to again... every time. I have had 3 hair transplant's with Dr Feller, each time my life has just got better and better.

Their are a handfull of really top hair transplant Dr's that you can check out but you sound like a wise guy as you have already made a very good choice to travel outside the UK!! No matter what anyone tells you, theres no way any UK surgeon in on the same level as one of the top Drs in North America / Canada.

If it was me, I would get in touch with Spex. He will at least be able to talk to you about what your goals are and what are the best opions for you...best Drs to consider. He is a consultant for Feller but wont push you to go to there.. but a very knowledgable guy (having someone in the UK you can turn to at ANY time before and after treatment has been priceless for me which I didnt realise how much I appreciated until afterwards, as you will have moments of ups and downs and you will want someone you can chat to straight away) he has been in the same situation as me and you and knows all there is to know about this whole hair transplant world.

You have a few good opions.... take your time... check them out and be happy and hgave peace of mind you have made the right decision :) only you can do that ;) i am sure you will be in safe hands.. all the best mate :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
I agree meeting up with Spex is the best thing anyone from the UK who wants to know about hair transplant's can do.
That and not going to any clinic in the UK.

scoob

Reaction score
Thanks guys. You offered some really great advice. I'll email spex. I'll do more reading before a decision. Def going to go abroad I think. I did contact Head of Hair clinic? They organise hair transplants in Athen under Dr. George Detsis . Its the Choi method (whatever that is) or FUE or Strip. However checking on the Hairtransplantnetwork.com site he's not listed on there. Anyone had any experience of them?

After doing research I think my options are

1. Feller (US)
2. FERIDUNI (Belgium)
3. Detsis (Athens)

Are those my safest options?

Not sure if I want strip would prefer FUE (less scarring)
I'm a Norwood 4 and I've lots of donor hair...

s.a.f

Reaction score
Forget that head of hair clinic and their Choi method they're well known for very poor growth rates.

Reaction score
I'm not a hair transplant veteran, thus I don't think I am qualified to give advice; however, when I do need a transplant, I think I will probably opt to go with Dr. Feller. This is predicated on the results that I have seen from him and his knowledge of FUE. Plus, I did do a consultation with him and he seemed to be very personable and took the time out to answer my questions. He has had a transplant himself, I think, so other than him being an hair transplant Doctor, to me, that would make him more cognizant of what expectations can be met and how effective an hair transplant could be for you.

scoob

Reaction score
Ok guys. Thanks for that. Ok who is Spex and how can I contact him? Did do a username search on here? Can anyone provide details.

Thankyou.
Scoob.

scoob

Reaction score
Also guys I need to slow my hairloss down and looking to get onto finasteride/proscar.
Anyone know the cheapest place online (uk is possible)
Cheers
Scoob,

amsch

Reaction score
scoob said:
Also guys I need to slow my hairloss down and looking to get onto finasteride/proscar.
Cheers
Scoob,
You should contact spex about this as well, I think he has a grea solution for that. Just ask him where he gets his from. :)

BadHairUK

Reaction score
amsch said:
scoob said:
Cheers
Scoob,
You should contact spex about this as well, I think he has a grea solution for that. Just ask him where he gets his from. :)

ditto, as above on the finasteride issue :agree:

This is the best way to get more info on Spex : WWW.HAIR-HELP.CO.UK