Newbie here- I take Dutas and Finpecia together - That OK?

CouldBeWorse

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster here.

You can see my regimen below. My hair has been thinning since I was 22 or 23 (I'm 30 now). This is my first serious attempt to combat the hairloss, and I decided to go at it full barrel, all guns a' blazin'.

Basically, I'm wondering if it's OK that I'm taking finpecia and dutas together as part ofmy regimen. Not only do I wonder if it's OK that I take them together at the same time, but also whether it's OK to combine these two particular drugs as part of a regimen.

It's been about two weeks (just took pill 13 today) and I don't think there have been any side effects, aside from perhaps a discomfort in my abdomen and maybe some testicular soreness, but it might be all in my head. Sexually, everything is working with the girlfriend, so that's heartening.

So, anyway, my newbie questions: Finepecia and Dutas together? Is that OK?

Just in case, what do people use if the sexual side effects do kick in? Does anything help?

Lastly, I've been thinking about Human Growth Hormone to help in my cardio/weight-training regimen. So, a) is that stupid in general and b) anyone know if that's OK to do along with the Finpecia and Dutas?

Thanks guys...I've been enjoying reading your posts. Seems like a nice community here.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Taking dutasteride and finasteride together is like riding a bicycle inside a truck.

You should have done your personal research before gulping meds this way. You obviously haven't.

CouldBeWorse

Reaction score
dutasteride and finasteride

SE-freak said:
Taking dutasteride and finasteride together is like riding a bicycle inside a truck.

You should have done your personal research before gulping meds this way. You obviously haven't.

what are you basing that on? before i ordered, i looked all over for info about taking them together, and couldnt find anything, positive or negative.

admittedly, i may have been too eager when i went ahead with the plan to take them together, but since i hadnt found anything negative, i figured there couldnt be much harm.

as fun as the bicycle inside the truck image is, does anyone have anything more helpful to share with me?

jeffsss

Reaction score
i actully have thought of taking both meds..

but a little different than you..

I'd take finasteride 6 days a week and dutas 1 day a week..

since dutasteride woudl inhibit both types and finasteride only 1 i think you could possibly benefit?!!!!!

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
Please do not mix these two drugs. Choose one or the other.

Jeffsss,

I don't know if the sheds you and I are going through are from the finasteride. But I am riding it out as best as I can, and watching closely for side effects.

I'm not shedding as much, but that's because I have so little hair to shed. It's terrible, but I am trying not to let my emotions influence my judgement.

I am hopeful that things will improve. You should be too.

Just don't start mixing these drugs like this. It's dangerous. Please do not.

Britannia

Reaction score
CouldbeWorse, there is no point in taking both meds together. Do some research and chose one. Remember that finasteride is approved for the use in male pattern baldness and theres loads of success stories regarding use of this drug.
If you want to go "all guns blazing" you should try the big three:
Finasteride + Minoxidil + Nizoral

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Newbie here- I take Dutas and Finpecia together - That O

CouldBeWorse said:
Long time reader, first time poster here.

You can see my regimen below. My hair has been thinning since I was 22 or 23 (I'm 30 now). This is my first serious attempt to combat the hairloss, and I decided to go at it full barrel, all guns a' blazin'.

Basically, I'm wondering if it's OK that I'm taking finpecia and dutas together as part ofmy regimen. Not only do I wonder if it's OK that I take them together at the same time, but also whether it's OK to combine these two particular drugs as part of a regimen.

It's been about two weeks (just took pill 13 today) and I don't think there have been any side effects, aside from perhaps a discomfort in my abdomen and maybe some testicular soreness, but it might be all in my head. Sexually, everything is working with the girlfriend, so that's heartening.

So, anyway, my newbie questions: Finepecia and Dutas together? Is that OK?

Just in case, what do people use if the sexual side effects do kick in? Does anything help?

Lastly, I've been thinking about Human Growth Hormone to help in my cardio/weight-training regimen. So, a) is that stupid in general and b) anyone know if that's OK to do along with the Finpecia and Dutas?

Thanks guys...I've been enjoying reading your posts. Seems like a nice community here.

It would be more useful to wipe out the 5 Alpha reductase enzyme topically, ie. with a topical dutasteride, if that could work. Any feedback? However, it is not a good idea to wipe out all your DHT, you need testosterone of both types.
Boru

CouldBeWorse

Reaction score

Boru said:
It would be more useful to wipe out the 5 Alpha reductase enzyme topically, ie. with a topical dutasteride, if that could work. Any feedback? However, it is not a good idea to wipe out all your DHT, you need testosterone of both types.
Boru

i guess what i was thinking was that since finasteride takles care of one type of DHT and dutasteride takes care of two types, id cover both bases by taking them together.

i suppose its never a good idea to mix meds so cavalierly, and i guess i was just over-eager to combat my male pattern baldness.

anyone know of a document that specifically warns against mixing the meds? id love to read it. it would help me out, and probably help out other too eager, freaked out newbies :)

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score

CouldBeWorse said:
Boru said:
Boru

i guess what i was thinking was that since finasteride takles care of one type of DHT and dutasteride takes care of two types, id cover both bases by taking them together.

i suppose its never a good idea to mix meds so cavalierly, and i guess i was just over-eager to combat my male pattern baldness.

anyone know of a document that specifically warns against mixing the meds? id love to read it. it would help me out, and probably help out other too eager, freaked out newbies :)

There was a company in the UK which had a licence for testing DHT levels, but there wasn't much demand so they let the licence lapse. I suppose there must be a greater possibility of demand in the USA, but I don't know where you live. If you don't know what levels of type 1 or 2 you have it is impossibile to be precise in the treatments. For prostate treatment in older men the dose is 5mg Proscar. My doctor told me to take one every five days, but I didn't want to risk side-effects with such a large dose, so I cut it into 4 bits, I found 5 too tricky, so my average dose is about 1.25. I think that the combination of Saw Palmetto and finasteride may possibly be helping, because in the trials for Proscar in older men (over 5 years I think) there was no sign of new hair growth. If they were too old then that is not surprising. Getting a good source of Saw Palmetto is important, and I recommend Bioforce, or go to a good herbalist.
I still have some way to go, but the cute little buggers are doing their damnest to sprout, and a friend who haven't seen me for a year noticed on saturday that I had hair on top of my head which wasn't there in 1990 when he did my first publicity photos.
I believe that it would be ok to take dutasteride by itself, but as it is not possible to get a NHS prescription for dutasteride yet, I am sticking to finasteride for now.
Nothing I say here is based on any great scientific knowledge, just my own experience.
Boru