New Year's Resolution: Hair Transplant Budget And Advice

Hubris

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My New Year's Resolution for 2018 is to get a hair transplant by the end of the year.

Looking for some advice on how much money I will need to get a decent transplant and where I should go i.e. location, specific doctors. Any info you guys have to help me plan and make decisions is appreciated basically.

Some info which will help you advise me.
- Based in UK
- Willing to travel for op.
- Probably a NW4
- I have no savings (had some financial issues recently, complicated story)
- I have no debt
- I have an income of £1,800 / month
- I have outgoings of approx. £600 / month

NimuDash

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UK hair plugs are expensive as f*** and overpriced. Look at Wayne Rooney his hair transplant is pure shite.
Look elsewhere if you are NW4 I advise you Dr. Lorenzo or ******** from Europe, they are the best surgeons if you need density. However, very expensive.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My New Year's Resolution for 2018 is to get a hair transplant by the end of the year.

Looking for some advice on how much money I will need to get a decent transplant and where I should go i.e. location, specific doctors. Any info you guys have to help me plan and make decisions is appreciated basically.

Some info which will help you advise me.
- Based in UK
- Willing to travel for op.
- Probably a NW4
- I have no savings (had some financial issues recently, complicated story)
- I have no debt
- I have an income of £1,800 / month
- I have outgoings of approx. £600 / month

NW4 probably means 4000ish grafts for full coverage depending on how your crown is. Probably best option is an FUT procedure with ******** in Belgium, 3 Euro for first 2000, then 2 Euro after that, So around the 10000 Euro mark not including transport. For FUE look in to Erdogan in Turkey, probably similar graft numbers but maybe a tad more and flat rate of 2.5 Euros.

Otherwise you could just opt for a cheap Turkish doctor doctor like Cinik or Acar, around the 2000 Euro mark for 4000 grafts and consistently strong results, but not at the level of results or service of Erdogan or ******** typically.

Hubris

Reaction score
There is something else I think should be mentioned. I have a white patch at the back of my head where a large part of my donor area is located. I am in my late 20's and the rest of my hair is dark blonde.

Do you think a surgeon may be hesitant to transplant white hairs and does this reduce the effective size of my donor area? Understand that most of us are not hair transplant surgeons, so I'm just looking for some educated opinions.

Last edited: