New user: Using Minoxidil and finasteride, need opinions.

ron81

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm Ron. About 9 months ago I started using minoxidil and then about a week later I started using finasteride after talking to a doctor. The first 1.5 to 2 months were quite scary as the shedding period began. Eventually, things got a lot better, after about 4-5 months, it felt like I was seeing progress on a weekly basis, I was really excited! All of a sudden, about one month ago (between months 8 and 9) I started to notice significant thinning in the front but I haven't noticed any hairs falling out in the sink or shower. It's just starting to thin out dramatically. Has anyone experienced anything like this or have an opinions on what is going on? I was wondering if maybe I got a bad batch of minoxidil or a couple bad bottles of it or bad finasteride...I have no idea. Is this loss something that maybe does happen on occasion or is it something else? I know that these products just slow down baldness but but I essentially went from a full head of hair to noticeably thinning in just over a month. Any comments would be helpful, thanks!