New Type Of Hair Transplants | Does This Makes Sense?

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, this might seem kinda of morbid... But just listen to me for one second.

Did anyone once tried to transplant hairs from a non-balding dead guy as they make it with other organs (kidneys, livers, etc)?

Shouldn't some company/research team try to figure out a way of making this possible?

Is this too far-fetched? To me it seems a lot easy to figure out then hair cloning (but I don't know sh*t about science).

I guess that I'm really desperate to come out with this weird ideas...

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If people who get hair transplants already have a good chance of their own hairs being rejected what makes you think hairs from someone else will be accepted by the body?

If this Worked I would honestly just trade my hair for an actual lions mane.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Harvesting hair. lol It's good thinking, but you'd have to take immunosuppresants your whole life to keep it from being rejected. I would rather be bald.

potato87

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol why would the donor need to be dead? yeh sadly it's a foreign entity so your body would reject it

christinethoma

My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard that the hair from dead (1-2 months) isn't the same as cutting it off from a living person. Anyway not a good idea.

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My idea was to develop some kind of vaccine or other thing that makes this new hair compatible with our scalps.

Lol why would the donor need to be dead? yeh sadly it's a foreign entity so your body would reject it

'Cause I don't know anyone alive that was willing to give his hair to a bald guy.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that hair is actually immune indifferent (I dont know whats the scientific term) so you would not need to take immune suppressants.

Anyway, crazy idea to take dead guys hair. We are indeed desperate XD

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @paleocapa89 for me is not that crazy to be fair.

Tons of people need organs from dead people in order to live. Hairloss in some cases can be a life changing condition (in a bad way) for a lot of people.

For me to have a bunch of follicles from a dead guy or to have a kidney is the exact same thing.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
I understand.

However, sadly, as long as hair loss is only considered an aesthetic problem, I'm afraid taking dead peoples hair would be considered grave robbing.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Harvesting hair. lol It's good thinking, but you'd have to take immunosuppresants your whole life to keep it from being rejected. I would rather be bald.

Jahoda's experiments on his wife in the late 90s showed that hair doesn't run the risk of rejection like everything else.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually always wondered if it were possible to just have hair banks at transplant centers. Like people with really good hair could have a modest amount of FUE grafts taken, and they would be paid a portion of the transplant cost, say $1,000. There are plenty of people out there who have great hair and are strapped for cash. The trick would just be finding a donor with similar hair characteristics like color, diameter, texture, etc. Theirs, coupled with your own hair, could give you a good deal of extra coverage and even give you a natural highlights look.

I always assumed rejection was the big obstacle for this approach though. I'd kill to be a guinea pig in this effort though. Got nothing to lose at this point anyway.

Last edited:

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The big obstacle is the different hair characteristics...including when they turn grey.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually always wondered if it were possible to just have hair banks at transplant centers. Like people with really good hair could have a modest amount of FUE grafts taken, and they would be paid a portion of the transplant cost, say $1,000. There are plenty of people out there who have great hair and are strapped for cash. The trick would just be finding a donor with a similar hairstyle. Theirs, coupled with your own hair, could give you a good deal of extra coverage and even give you a natural highlights look.

I always assumed rejection was the big obstacle for this approach though. I'd kill to be a guinea pig in this effort though. Got nothing to lose at this point anyway.
That would be a good idea
For some reason, there seem to be lots of good ideas that no one has experimented yet...

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol at this: https://www.realself.com/question/hair-transplant-from-another-person1

The guy explains that hair has been transplanted from one person to another without rejection, and yet all the surgeons are like:

"But that's not possible because there would be rejection!"

Human stupidity.

LOL those responses are so frustrating. Only one physician actually answered/ understood the question.

The mere fact that this approach has never been tried on a single individual truly boggles the mind. It's a work around to really having to break down hair cell biology at its most intricate level, to understand all the different pathways and hormones and enzymes and mechanisms that cause hair loss; It's a cheat code. This would actually be huge news for transplant surgeons too because their technology is being threatened by cell based remedies in the next 5-10 years. f***!