New to the War

Sir Derp

Reaction score
Alright, I've never really been involved in these forums despite spending several months lurking around trying to learn what little I can in my free time.

To keep it short I've a family history of male pattern baldness, my father is balding, my mother's brothers are both bald, as was their father. I figured I too would go the hairless route yet I retained hope as my father's dad never shed a hair in his life.

Yet here I am, 21, in the prime of my life, slowly but surely loosing ground. It isn't too noticeable, but lately it has come to a point where I can no longer deny it. A good haircut will cover up my diffused thinning but the moment I hit the pool or the indoor spin bike my thinning becomes much more apparent.

I'm a very ambitious and pragmatic guy, so I went and got prescribed propeica. However, I did not start treatment as I'd not filed the proper paper work through my University's athletic department to avoid a ban as a result of a NCAA sanctioned drug test. In the time it took me to start that process I did some research and came to the conclusion that the risk of jeopardizing my career as an endurance athlete was not worth the reward of nice hair. Up until this point I'd been on Soy Isoflavones and Saw Palmetto, but had since decided that they lacked the punch I needed and still could result in athletic performance issues.

As such I began to research topicals.

So here I am now, carefully mulling over my options, I've been on OTC 1% Nizoral EOD for about a month now. I have sitting on my desk 5% generic liquid minoxidil, S5 cream, and Emu Oil. I think that using these three products every evening will be a good start. I'm still nervous about side effects that can hamper my athletic abilities.

If anyone has any experience with endurance sports and hairloss treatments I'd love to hear from you. I'm incredibly nervous about negative sides that can hold me back from being the best athlete I can be.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
It is my understanding that there are many body builders that frequent this forum periodically. You may want to browse the alternative treatment section of this forum. All the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Health and Fitness portion that is.:)