New to the site.30 years of Alopecia of some sort now I am a few stray hairs from AU.

ossy101

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have had Alopecia Areota since I was 3 years old my hair has come and gone in spots overy the years and cortisone injections had always worked. I lost most of my hair in 2012 a week before my wedding. 6 months later it started growing back. It all grew back in 2013 when I was pregnant with my daughter. Six months after she was born it all started falling out again. I have a few stragglers hairs on my head, no leg hair, no arm hair, ( I never really did have either of those though), I have lost my eyebrows and have 1 or 2 stray eyelashes left on my top lid but still have bottom lashes. I rarely wear a wig (too itchy). I own a bunch though. Just here for support on my down days but have had years to anticipate this occurrence so I have made peach with it most of the time.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have heard this before. That someone who had AA his hair grows back while pregnant. I think it has something to do with estrogen that gets more doing pregnancy. Have you tried looking at the difference in hormones level between a pregnant person and a non-pregnant person. Maybe that can help you find some answers.

baldnbold

Reaction score
i hate cortisone injections. i think it must be the last choice for alopesia. i agree you should check your hormones. hope you get well.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Welcome Ossy, I really respect you already for climbing aboard. We're a raggle taggle gang of vagrants with a lot of heart. Sorry to hear your story and I hope this forum favorably suits your needs. From one Commonwealth resident to the next. Thanx for sharing.