New To The Forum, Need Some Advice Please

Whatsup489

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello! Just joined the thread here to get some advice from people going through the same struggle. I'm a 24 year old male and I am experiencing some serious crown thinning/ hair line receding. I use propecia 1mg a day as well as nizoral 3ish times a week. I am worded that the sudden thinning is from job-related stress, potentially a non-perfect diet, drinking, etc. But from everything I've read, it seems like these things really do mostly come down to genetics (not that those things I mentioned above aren't exasperating the speed of male pattern baldness).

As I'm sure most of the people on the forum know, the whole hairloss thing is pretty difficult. I am stressed out about it almost everyday (stress isn't great for it either), and it's something ive become very self conscious about in the past year or two even getting to the point where I avoid doing things with friends etc.

I'm attaching some pictures, I mean as you can see I can do a bit of a combover but who wants that look! Should I start rogaine and does it work for hairline? Are there shampoos out there that are more effective than nizoral? Should I really try rogaine (even with hair line).

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_0816.PNG
    IMG_0816.PNG
    437.1 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0814.PNG
    IMG_0814.PNG
    632.3 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0813.PNG
    IMG_0813.PNG
    662.9 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0812.PNG
    IMG_0812.PNG
    560.9 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0811.PNG
    IMG_0811.PNG
    572.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0810.PNG
    IMG_0810.PNG
    502.4 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0809.PNG
    IMG_0809.PNG
    723.5 KB · Views: 216

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been on propecia for? Honestly your hair looks pretty good man. People have had success using minoxidil on the hairline so it's worth a shot. Depending how long you've been on propecia you may want to wait to add it, being because you won't really have a gauge of what has contributed to your success if you've started both relatively at the same time. Also being as your hair loss isn't severe there's not really that rush to add it right away if you get what I'm saying.

Hope this helps.

Whatsup489

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been on propecia for? Honestly your hair looks pretty good man. People have had success using minoxidil on the hairline so it's worth a shot. Depending how long you've been on propecia you may want to wait to add it, being because you won't really have a gauge of what has contributed to your success if you've started both relatively at the same time. Also being as your hair loss isn't severe there's not really that rush to add it right away if you get what I'm saying.

Hope this helps.

I appreciate the response man, I guess I'm a bit of a paranoid guy so as soon as I saw any thinning I jumped on propecia (probably 4 years ago at age 20). I have been avoiding the rogaine aspect just because it seems like a lot of work and I've heard mixed reviews. Just trying to do everything I can to keep what I got!

Thanks for the response man!

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I appreciate the response man, I guess I'm a bit of a paranoid guy so as soon as I saw any thinning I jumped on propecia (probably 4 years ago at age 20). I have been avoiding the rogaine aspect just because it seems like a lot of work and I've heard mixed reviews. Just trying to do everything I can to keep what I got!

Thanks for the response man!
Smart move catching it early. Just keep the rogaine in your back pocket to fall back on, otherwise I'd just keep on doing what you're doing.