New To Hairloss Using Rogaine 5% 2x

Michael Grant

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just finished my first month of finasteride, I started my new rx today; the manufacturer sent me a new pill

Michael Grant

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guys my testosterone levels are rally high I’m breaking out; experiencing a lot of weird hair growthe on my body hair feels like I’m going through puberty again? Can anyone relate or comment

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea there's another thread on that issue.
Yes I've seen weird hairs pop up on arms, eyebrows...

Michael Grant

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will let you know I have a very mild form of rosacea and I will be having an Ipl treatment for the next couple of months hopefully that does not affect my finasteride

Michael Grant

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped taking finasteride for a while. I started it back up in mid January. I cut my hair about a month ago. And this is what’s going on. I’ve had a dht test. And my levels are very normal. I’ve cut out minoxidil and recently put myself back on it maybe a month ago... is this hair loss permanent or temporary.

Attachments

• E4FBA292-D3AE-49D4-9F14-992F032AE037.jpeg
    E4FBA292-D3AE-49D4-9F14-992F032AE037.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 253

Michael Grant

My Regimen
Reaction score
This picture was taken in mid May...

Attachments

• 5405069E-DAAD-4CB7-816C-5DAB5F431358.jpeg
    5405069E-DAAD-4CB7-816C-5DAB5F431358.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 250

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"I've cut out minoxidil and recently got back on it a month ago"...

How long have you been off minoxidil for? ... If I had to guess, dropping that would be my first guess for any exacerbated hair shedding/loss... especially if you noticed any gains while on it. Also starting back up again might trigger a *temporary* shed. But it should grow back if you stick with minoxidil; you can't just drop it though, especially if you notice any positive gains. All your gains will be lost and then some.

Also in your recent photos, your hair looks a lot shorter. IMO that makes hair loss more apparent just because of the loss of hair weight. IE if your hair is 2 inches long, theoretically your scalp should be far less visible than if all your hair is only 1 inch long. Thats why I'm always skeptical when I see "results" from users but they have longer hair in their after photos.

Michael Grant

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m going to cut out minoxidil I think it’s the reason. Why I have had hair loss. I think I freaked out and started using it. And it’s irritating my scalp. I just flushed all the minoxidil I have and am going to stick to finasteride vitamin d from the sun and scalp massaging. My dht levels are normal. So the finasteride should help a lot

Michael Grant

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had my thyroid scanned and it was enlarged. I have not had my blood test for it yet. But the weird thing is.. I’m not getting hairs in my hand when I was my hair I’m. Not noticing hair falling out. I’m going to stick to not using minoxidil. I’ll still use finasteride but too be honest I have been completely off minoxidil since November hopped back on a little under a month ago. I’m going to stick to scalp massages and funasteride with vitamin d either naturally or supplements

Michael Grant

My Regimen
Reaction score
6EA84FB2-6E37-4F55-9C3E-2B3184B05FF1.png ACB02304-AAAA-4388-A2D9-B2CA0F7F2101.png Here’s my father/ fathers dad/ mothers dad

Attachments

• B72E9296-1FD0-40D0-B0EB-8BEC908C5869.jpeg
    B72E9296-1FD0-40D0-B0EB-8BEC908C5869.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 166