New To Forum- Will Be Looking At Hair Transplant- 29 Years Old- Couple Questions | HairLossTalk Forums

New To Forum- Will Be Looking At Hair Transplant- 29 Years Old- Couple Questions

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants Information - General Discussions' started by Sijac09, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Sijac09

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi Guys,

Great to see a really informative forum like this. I've been losing my hair since about 22/23 and I'm now 29. It is seriously depressing and I've even got to the point where I've been avoiding mirrors. I'm thinning a little on crown but mainly my hairline is receding but never had the guts to look properly in a mirror yet at my crown. I'm currently taking propecia and now on 7 month marker and I can't tell whether I'm gaining anything at moment. I am still losing it slightly though, I notice when I style my hair in the morning with wax, I can see about 10 strands of hair on my hands in morning.

I have decided and definitely going for a hair transplant and have had a few friends have them done in the U.K. I personally think theirs could be better and Turkey seems to be best option for me from what I've been reading.

I need to check what stage Norwood I'm at but I think it's a 3 ish. From looking at photos I would think I'd need around 2000 grafts. I don't really want to spend anymore than about £4000 including flights etc.

Any specific doctors with this budget? And is there a chance I might not have to shave my head before having the transplant?

2. Detour

Detour New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You will almost certainly have to shave your head if you're going FUE. If FUT it will depend on the Doctor and the extent of transplanting into native hair.

3. Saulus

Saulus Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Post pics