New to Forum/Ordering Stock Units - Supplier Help

cdnmountain22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello All!

I’m brand new to the forum but have been wearing since 2016.

I started in my mid-twenties and have been with salons (two different salons, different cities) I've never ordered my own stock system before though.

I’ve been paying $300/a month CAD since 2016. I’m sure that is the typical price when you go with the “salon/payment plan” route. I've been lucky that every salon I've been to - they've been nothing but wonderful and helpful. Also, this was two units per year. I’ve been pretty lucky where I’ve been able to get 6 months+ out of each unit.

I’m currently stuck in isolation in my hometown with no salon available. I also don’t know where I’ll be moving in the next couple of months so I thought it would be best to try to order my own stock unit. I do have someone locally who has in the past worked with systems (cutting them, and styling them) - she just doesn’t do ordering/typical salon monthly plans.

I also figure I’ll probably save quite a bit of money ordering my own as I assume most salon’s have a massive markup when it comes to ordering systems. I’d actually be curious to know which suppliers my previous salons have used.

I’ve checked out NWL, Toplace, Lavidhair, LordHair, etc. (Sent emails to all of them earlier) They all seem to have units that would probably match my style (after being cut and styled) - I typically wear my hair very short. I just don’t know which to order from. I’ve read previous posts where people have said the quality of the mentioned suppliers have all been great (which is a relief) - I also don’t know which density to order. I’ve attached some photos but not sure if it would be helpful. Also, in terms of color I’ve been told it’s quite difficult to tell online what color to order based on photos. But I’ve attached a photo from one of the suppliers (a guy wearing a hair system) which pretty much matches the exact color I wear.

Also, in terms of bases I've had (and my most recently unit) lace with the material perimeter (can't remember the name of the material? poly? skin?) which has been great. I believe earlier on I've worn the full skin type bases as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Looking forward to chatting with you all

Attachments

• tempImageNa0R70.jpg
    tempImageNa0R70.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0067.jpeg
    IMG_0067.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0467.jpeg
    IMG_0467.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1033.jpeg
    IMG_1033.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2739.JPG
    IMG_2739.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 94
  • apollo-men-s-toupee-online-mono-with-scallop-front-men-s-hairstyle-in-trend.jpg
    apollo-men-s-toupee-online-mono-with-scallop-front-men-s-hairstyle-in-trend.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 97

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Welcome, you will save with a do your own approach. Which city are you in.?
One thing to consider is cost for customs or duty clearance when dealing with non Canadian distributors. Have you checked superhairpieces.ca they have a warehouse in mississauga and have used them many times, but stock inventory is low now.... Also a company near Montreal called http://www.xpresshair.com/ although I never tried them.