New to forum, not to hairloss, HELP!

rockmonster27

Reaction score
This hair loss is starting to really freak me out. I am a 28 year old female and hair loss is embarrassing for me. My hair has been diffusing on the top of my head since I was 22. I try to cover it up by combing it different ways, but even that is becoming increasingly difficult. When I dye it blonde, it looks a lot better because the dye swells the follicle. However, I know eventually my hair will be gone if I do not do something now. I tried Rogaine foam but I did not keep it up. But now I think I am going to clamp down and start using it again along with Revivogen.

I had all my blood work done and nothing is wrong. The only thing doctors found was a vitamin B deficiency. I now take a vitamin B liquid complex along with biotin under the tongue. I also use Bosley shampoo and conditioner.

Any suggestions on how to use Revivogen along with Rogaine? I have the men's foam because I read on here that the men's is stronger and more effective. Do I use Revivogen and Rogaine at the same time? Do I switch and use one in the morning and the other at night? I appreciate everyone's input!

Thanks,

Jen

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
rockmonster27 said:
I had all my blood work done and nothing is wrong. The only thing doctors found was a vitamin B deficiency. I now take a vitamin B liquid complex along with biotin under the tongue. I also use Bosley shampoo and conditioner.

i would find vitamin B deficiency very alarming; you need it for normal brain functioning and producing red blood cells...
vegetables and seafood contain vitamin B.

if your hair loss is from the actions of androgens then go with what Ben wrote.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
Skip the revivogen and use finasteride along with minoxidil. You could also throw in some nizoral shampoo as well but dont use that more than 3 times a week.

duh. its a SHE, females cant take finasteride!!!

i suspect dying ur hair isnt helping, apart from a cosmetic thickening, its prolly also thinning ur hair.

i'd take a good b12, and possibly toco 8, also check thyroid levels, and iron levels.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Jen

Sorry to hear about your situation. Sucks for all of us, especially the women. I think you should check out http://www.womenshairlossproject.com/ if you haven't already. They are a reputable site, with their own active forum. Of course you're welcome to post here, but I know as a woman maybe you would want to talk to other women dealing with this problem. This site, like a lot of hairloss sites, is probably 99% guys..and focuses on treatments that work for guys so...maybe womenshairlossproject.com would be more useful/helpful for you.

Hope this helped

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
anxious1 said:
Skip the revivogen and use finasteride along with minoxidil. You could also throw in some nizoral shampoo as well but dont use that more than 3 times a week.

duh. its a SHE, females cant take finasteride!!!

i suspect dying ur hair isnt helping, apart from a cosmetic thickening, its prolly also thinning ur hair.

i'd take a good b12, and possibly toco 8, also check thyroid levels, and iron levels.

doctor's have prescribed it to women before. propecia causes birth defects but nothing out of the ordinary for the female taking it. so it's up to the user's choice