New To Balding: At Which Norwood Stage Am I?

Tito Olva

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, Jean-Luc, my philosophy is...

If I accept anyone the way they are, why wouldn't I accept myself?

Balding is a question of a aesthetics, what means for me it's less important than loosing a limb, or eyesight, or having a serious illness. And it's also a question of probability : being a bald man is completely normal, we all are on this boat, millions of guys are bald (it would be worse if I were having three arms or a horn on my nose) ; and in my case part of my family and friends are bald so it's easier for me.

Tito Olva

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice, Wolf Pack. I'm not going for surgery for aesthetics, though. I accept anyone doing so, but that's not for me.

I use to have long curly hair when I was 20, and being bald doesn't make me feel happy, but it doesn't make me feel unhappy either. It just happened.

And being bald has it pros: you don't need to brush, you save on hairdressers and shampoo, you have an excuse to wear fashonable hats and caps, beards are more accepted when you're bald (and I love sporting a beard), you have an excuse to go to the gym and get a nice body so as to compensate your shiny head...

MR. Incredible

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am literally stunned by the mental strength of guys who go bald and just "shave it and grow a beard" and live happily ever after.

I would imagine that it's not easy. But at this point in science and medicine, there is just not much that can really be done. And most men go bald at one point or the other. So I don't think it should be worth our time and energy to be upset over it. It's a part of life. And going completely bald can look very nice if you know how to work with it and own the look. I have seen many, many men pull it off. More do than don't. But you're right; It might look strange to them at first and may be hard to deal with considering that they had hair their whole life, and now they all of the sudden don't. But it's all about mindset.

Tito Olva

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just went all the way! I'm a bald and bearded guy now.

I love the way I look even if some relatives tell me I look older (I got glasses recently) I still have time to recover it and blablabla...

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you married? If so did ur wife notice the hair loss over two years?

Tito Olva

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you married? If so did ur wife notice the hair loss over two years?
Yes I'm married and she realized my hair was thinning but as my hair is, erm... was curly and used to sport it long is wasn't as noticeble as when I got my hair cut months ago.

Tito Olva

My Regimen
Reaction score
And this is how I became bald in two years... this pic is a "now and then" of myself; comparing how I looked in June 2015 and how I look now. I decided to post it today because after a month since I shaved for the first time (and got glasses) I found the look that I like and feel comfortable with, and I feel that it's now that I got completely used to my new me and I feel confident to show off my bald head!!!

I hope some people could get inspired by my experience and may not feel bad about getting bald.

Attachments

• 2017-11-06 00.03.56.jpg
    2017-11-06 00.03.56.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 177

Kalash

Reaction score
And this is how I became bald in two years... this pic is a "now and then" of myself; comparing how I looked in June 2015 and how I look now. I decided to post it today because after a month since I shaved for the first time (and got glasses) I found the look that I like and feel comfortable with, and I feel that it's now that I got completely used to my new me and I feel confident to show off my bald head!!!

I hope some people could get inspired by my experience and may not feel bad about getting bald.

You actually look even better bald imo. One of the few men who I’d say that about. The glasses work really well with your face, and don’t ever shave that beard. You look great! Congrats! The wife must be happy :)

Tito Olva

My Regimen
Reaction score
You actually look even better bald imo. One of the few men who I’d say that about. The glasses work really well with your face, and don’t ever shave that beard. You look great! Congrats! The wife must be happy :)
Thanks a lot Kalash! My wife is still getting used to my new look as she doesn't like beards very much.