New to a hair system... what company and what kind of piece should I go with

tkster95

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I started loosing my hair at about 22. At first I didn't care much.. but what really affected me was how other's viewed it and treated me. After a couple years of ridicule and embarrassment, at about 25 years old, I started using courve and toppic. Those products worked great and really gave my life back. I felt confident and people started treating me normal again. I didn't like the products because it was pretty delicate stuff that could be easily wiped off but all in all I was happy with them. I'd still be using them however I'm bald beyond powder and lotions... i'm 29 at about a class 5.

I've decided on a hair piece system because I can't afford a hair transplant and not completely sold on the results yet. Plus the process would take years and multiple procedures to achieve the results i'm looking for. I'd much rather wait 6 to 8 weeks for a hair piece lol.

I'm completely new to this and have no idea what to expect. I'm been researching and have found a few companies i wanted to get some opinions on. First company I came across was Hairdirect. They seem to be one of the biggest online shops out there. I also came across Farrell... his systems look to be the best, or does he just have the best advertising.. not sure. I also saw one called europehair that had a pic of a model with the exact hair style i'm looking for. I also have seen a lot of posts for northwest lace on this forum and that seems to be a pretty good company as well. Any advice on these companies?

My biggest concern is getting the best quality hair piece available. I'd like it to be as unnoticeable as possible. I'm also concerned about confront. I'm afraid its going to feel like a foreign object on my head that i'm just gonna want to rip off. I also don't want to get ripped off if all the hair pieces are about the same.

It seems i'll be going the ordering online route mainly because I want to be able to control the whole process myself. If I had to go to a office or "club" to get one fitted on each time i probably wouldn't do it. I'd much rather have the freedom to take it on and off as i wish. I'm just worried about the fit. Will creating a template with sarann wrap and a sharpie work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've included a pic of my hair when I was concealing it up with courve and toppic. Now as I mentioned i'm a class 5 and can't achieve results like this without it being noticeable anymore. Is this sort of look possible with a hair system... when filling out the forms what kind of style would this be? Should I just send in pics to whatever company im getting it from to achieve the best results? Thanks for the help.

Aussie_Craig

Reaction score
Hi Mate,

I ‘ve been wearing hair for a while and I pretty much started the same way you did. I started out with Advanced Hair in Australia and after i did my research moved to online. I have never used hair direct for a hair piece, but are a good source of products/glues and tapes. Both Toplace and Northwest lace are good and have consistent quality. When buying online, I think consistency between the hairpieces is key, particularly with color and density. Once you have committed to wearing a piece, you don’t want inconsistencies in the units as this can give the game away.

Once you have the piece attached you don’t notice that it’s there. As for a template, you might want to start with a “stock unit”, as they are quicker to deliver and you’ll get an idea quicker as to whether this is for you. Also sending pics in with your concealer in and without will help with the unit specs that match your style.

If you have any more questions, more than happy to help – please send me a PM as I’m not on the forum that much and we can correspond on email.