New study on piroctone olamine and hair growth

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am always sceptical of studies on proprietary products that are funded by the very companies that are selling the product. This study is funded by Proctor and Gamble
This right here. That was such an obvious red flag lol.

whitecoatblackhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
When will people realize that ketoconazole in itself doesn't dry your scalp... It's the high percentage of cheap anionic surfactants in the shampoo that strip the sebum/oil from your scalp/hair, hence the dryness.

Pure ketoconazole doesn't do any of that. I've been adding pure ketoconazole to my topicals for over a year now and there's zero dryness. And I use pure pharma grade ketoconazole, not grey market.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When will people realize that ketoconazole in itself doesn't dry your scalp... It's the high percentage of cheap anionic surfactants in the shampoo that strip the sebum/oil from your scalp/hair, hence the dryness.

Pure ketoconazole doesn't do any of that. I've been adding pure ketoconazole to my topicals for over a year now and there's zero dryness. And I use pure pharma grade ketoconazole, not grey market.
Yes it's the dirty ingredients that cause dryness and damage.

Do you have results with topical keto?

whitecoatblackhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it's the dirty ingredients that cause dryness and damage.

Do you have results with topical keto?

I'm using many things at once, so difficult to tell. But I do think it has a place in a broad-spectrum protocol. Unless you're already using a different, stronger AR antagonist twice a day, then maybe not.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What % ketoconazole do you use in your solutions? 2%?

whitecoatblackhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
What % ketoconazole do you use in your solutions? 2%?

The % I'm using doesn't really matter. The total drug administration volume per application matters. And I'm applying 60mg of ketoconazole once a day in my PM topical. You can divide that into 3ml of 2% or 6ml of 1%. I'm personally using the latter as I prefer 6ml to cover my entire scalp thoroughly.