New shaved head

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to announce that i shaved off my hair and it feels sooo great! It opens up a whole new world in playing sports and water activities :lol: ... it also looks pretty cool (in my opinion), i'm sure some people will frown upon it though. Anyway, just wanted to say what i did.

Dark_Vegeta

Reaction score
nah man,nothin to frown upon there,i too shaved mine while i was on minoxidil,and it actualy feels good with it shaved as if to say im not trying to hide from my hairloss,but rather im embrassing it,showing that im still the guy i have allways been even without hair.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
i think anyone that hasn't tried shaving their head before should give it a go this summer. not only does it improve your scalps condition but it helps you relax from the constant "is my hair ok" struggle.

I know a lot of people make excuses that their head will look deformed or whatever but you'll never know for sure until you do it.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my head is just a little white right now compared to my face which is tanned. i need to spend a little time in the sun (not too much though)

roman83

Reaction score
I shaved my head a few days ago and now i can't even leave my house.. My hair wasn't noticeable for the most part if my hair was done right which just piss me off to have to live that way. Also could never swim. Im on a paintball team and just played in Florida (from cali)and every night at the hotel everyone went swimming while i "didn't feel good".
So i come back and shave my head and now everyone that sees me tells me about how my hairline is receeding like i didn't notice. Now i won't even go to our field cause i can't put up with everyone there making fun of me.. Just comepelely lost it on my Father who was even making fun of me for this. I honestly wish i hadn't shaved my head. Atleast with longer hair i still looked good. Now i feel like a going bald 22 year old guy who was good looking but now is just a joke.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
roman83 said:
I shaved my head a few days ago and now i can't even leave my house.. My hair wasn't noticeable for the most part if my hair was done right which just piss me off to have to live that way. Also could never swim. Im on a paintball team and just played in Florida (from cali)and every night at the hotel everyone went swimming while i "didn't feel good".
So i come back and shave my head and now everyone that sees me tells me about how my hairline is receeding like i didn't notice. Now i won't even go to our field cause i can't put up with everyone there making fun of me.. Just comepelely lost it on my Father who was even making fun of me for this. I honestly wish i hadn't shaved my head. Atleast with longer hair i still looked good. Now i feel like a going bald 22 year old guy who was good looking but now is just a joke.

A receding hairline isn't that bad, my friend.

The shaved look is a good one.

Most people make these comments because they've known you for a long time, and don't recognize you as much with the recession.

f*** 'em.

Let loose the new shaved look.

Be angry.

Get on with it. :)

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Wanna be a brave soul? Try shaving your head with a razor!

I did this a few years ago when I had a week off from school and trust me, I was glad I did it! I was 19 at the time and my hair was kinda thinning all over so I decided to shave it all off with a razor and hope that it grows back thicker.... and low and behold, it actually DID grow back thicker.

I was one of those guys who'd put mountains of gel on their hair which imo did a lot of damage to it. So I guess shaving it all off with a razor and then washing my head with a pores cleansing facial scrub helped erase all that damage.

So if you have a week or two off from work/school and you wouldn't mind staying indoors for a while (if you're too embarassed to leave the house), then I suggest to do this.... but I don't guarantee results :)

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
guys,
when you say shave, are you shaving it to the skin or doing a buzz cut?

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
roman83 said:

You were going to have to face it sooner or later. It's out of the way now so don't worry, no one will give a sh*t after a week or so.

guys,
when you say shave, are you shaving it to the skin or doing a buzz cut?

For me shaved is the willis look, all the way down to the skin. Anything else is a buzz cut.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
uhh, disregard my previous post.... I thought you all were talking about just a buzz cut, didn't know you already were shaving your heads with razors :oops:

Personally, I can't go back to shaving my head w/ a razor because I got this weird bump on my head.... whenever I buzz my hair with a 1 guard or less, everyone can notice it and I've gotten a few "ewww" comments because of it. If it weren't for that though, I'd definitely be pulling the shaved head look. As long as you workout, get a tan on your head, and don't have a weird shaped head (like myself), then there's no reason for you not to shave your head, especially if you're balding.

roman83

Reaction score
I just can't do it.. i want to go play but i know once all of them see it will be something brought up against me everytime i get into some sort of argument or even just jokeing. I think it will just always be atleast im not going bald.. and when i hear that i will just shut down, i won't have a come back for it i will just end right there. I know i sound like a pussy or whatever but im just afriad of that and that a lone.. I was a good lookin guy but now.. im the bald one.. And i know its just a receeding hairline and everyone says its not that big of a deal but it is. It only goes downhill from there and this all started when i was 19.

Having to deal with it sooner or later is true and maybe after a week it won't be that bad.. but im already pretty depressed about this.. I just don't think i can handel the people i call my friends to tear me apart. And to them it will be in fun but to me it will send me in a spiral of depression.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
^
it's fun for them at first because it was a big change but they'll grow bored of it fast. the more they see it the faster they'll get used to it. if you go into hiding they'll bug you for being a pussy. i doubt your hair is that bad anyway....

Personally, I can't go back to shaving my head w/ a razor because I got this weird bump on my head.... whenever I buzz my hair with a 1 guard or less, everyone can notice it and I've gotten a few "ewww" comments because of it.

if it's like a little growth or something you could get it removed by a doctor pretty easily.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i love the freedom that comes with having a shaved head when it comes to maintenance and sports. However i do miss the feeling of looking more normal in public. I think i feel this way right now cause of the initial shock and because i have a face tan.
I have pretty much all of my hair with a little bit of diffuse on the top. When my hair is long i don't appear to have any male pattern baldness...but when i shave it u can tell cause the top is not the same shade as the sides. I'm considering some kind of concealer (like a powder makeup) to just darken it up a little when i go out on social events.
Other than that i feel way better than before