New Rogaine Products?

ShadowOfSelf

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new Rogaine commercials that have been airing the last week? Its something called Prevail or Prevent. I caught the tale end of the commercial and heard a mention of a website, but upon searching I turned up nothing. Even the official Rogaine site doesn't have any information.

Also there was a new "compound" that was being researched recently. The Cleveland Clinic and many others around the country were running case studies on it. I think I saw mention of it on this site as well in one of the old archives. From what little info I got from Cleveland, supposedly Psizer (makers of Rogaine) are behind it and it is going to be FDA approved. Also it is suppose to be many many times stronger and more effective than the existing products out right now. Also that it is expected to be released this spring or summer. Does anyone have information on this product?

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably a scam, remarketing the same old stuff. If something is many times stronger, it is just more concentrated, potentially more dangerous and ultimately expensive. There is no new compound. Are you trying to set up an advanced marketing "leak" on this site?

ShadowOfSelf

Reaction score
Leak? Are you paranoid? There are commercials on TV about a new Rogaine product. I am simply asking if anyone has seen it.
As to the new compound there is an article already about it on this site. There is even a field where you can sign up for the case study but I think it's over because it doesn't work anymore.
Here is the link http://www.hairlosssucks.com/therastudy.htm
I was merely trying to get information on this as well and wondering if this was the same compound the Cleveland Clinic was doing a clinical trial on. I tried getting in on the trial in Cleveland but it was already closed. But the department was nice enough to give me a little information. Wasn't much but they mentioned it being a compound instead of the oil type solution Rogaine uses now and like the article on this site, they claimed it was many times stronger. Also that the FDA seems very eager to approve it and we could see it released sometime this spring or summer possibly. I am by no means leaking anything. All of this info can be aquired from this site and the Cleveland Clinic.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry mate, I'm not paranoid, its just that there is alot of scamming here, and an essential part of the debate is to be up front. Why didn't you post the above link in your first post? If you are genuine you won't mind a few friendly queries. I had some very negative feedback, but I ride the wave of criticism because I am getting results.Good luck with your thing. Boru

ShadowOfSelf

Reaction score
No problem I appologize for replying so harshly. Just frustrated about all of this in general. I didn't post the link previously because I had closed the article without saving it. So it took me some time to find it again.
As far as the Rogaine commercials have you by chance seen them? I caught the tale end twice as I was flipping channels. Something called Prevent or Prevail. I guess you can order it from them directly or through the site but when I checked the main site there was nothing mentioned.

pcu83

Reaction score
http://www.prevaildirect.com

Seems like a very expensive minoxidil treatment...I'm going to try calling the number tomorrow for more info.

ShadowOfSelf, they actually told you that it would be out this year? It might be the same thing.

Felk

Reaction score
Sounds like that new minoxidil foam everyone was going on about recently...

Apparently something Pfizer is getting fda approval for... phase II or something at the moment

ShadowOfSelf

Reaction score
Thank you for the link pcu83 that is exactly what I was talking about on the commercials!
But wow that stuff is expensive :freaked2:

As far as if its the same thing the Cleveland Clinic was talking about I'm not sure. They did mention a "foamy compound" and that it was similar to Rogaine and that Pfizer was behind it. It was also said that it was going to be cleared by the FDA very shortly and that we may see it in the spring or summer. They told me it had great results in part due to the fact that it was much easier to apply and seemed to absorb better. Also much more potent then current topical treatments. I'll have to read the Prevail site some more and see if its a foam or not.
Pcu83 could you post a link about the Rogaine foam passing phase 3?

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea i someone posted the site a couple of weeks i go i think...Britania im pretty sure was the poster.. but anyways what is the difference between Prevail and Rogaine??? I dont get it.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
250 bucks for three months....3 bucks a day...and then you are not even sure whether it will for for you...damn I hate this

pcu83

Reaction score
I don't think this is the foam. I called today and all the woman said kept emphasizing was that this was a complete package...that you get the shampoo and conditioner and mousse -- and minoxidil 5% with whatever applicator you want, plus the stylist on call.

sounds like a scam -- well not a scam but way overpriced.