New Research, possible regrowth and halting loss

zinny999

Reaction score
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/hair_raising_Le5YirCoGuyob0MaquDFhJ

Ok, so this explain that the new formula could be twice stronger then Rogaine + Also more effective then Propecia at stoping.

but no gurantee that already Bald men can get their hair back other then retaining their current hairs.

Question : Does this mean if you are NW7 , only the hair on your sides and back will be retain?

If I am NW3 and a 32 years old men, what the possible recovery of their damage follicle?
Will they go back to NW2 atleast? and Then maintain a thick looking NW2 or thining looking NW2?

If anyone have better idea about this PGE2 & PGD2 business please feel free to elingthmen us all bald mens.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
By introducing a kind of decoy molecule onto the scene, the receptor would bind to the decoy and leave the PGD2 molecule alone. Without its trigger, PGD2 can’t do lasting damage to the follicle, giving the hair the same kind of time — usually around three years — to thicken and grow as hair has on non-bald scalps.

huh??? speculate much?

Reaction score
I will take all this pgd2 stuff with a grain of salt. hairloss was proven to be caused by dht. castrated don't go bald, guys with alpha typ2 2 defecincies don't go bald. so now there throwing this pgd2 at is. where was this pgd2 thingy during the pseudohermaphrodite research, or when james hamilton proven androgens to be reposnible for hairloss. they say dht is the main cause. tackle dht there you go.. why worry about pgd2 when you know dht is the main cause. so all those pseudoherm studies or james hamilton studies were bull? lol.

- - - Updated - - -

why not make something strogn that can ultimately destroy dht at all levels, instead worrying on something like pgd2.

Ugh, I wouldn't;t dismiss so fast. Science thought the earth was flat not so relatively long ago.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
...for my money, DHT is the seed and that there are other biochemical factors that react with DHT that are specific to the hair follicle....yeah, makes sense and we all know this...but it must be that simple. And PGD2 seems to be a player here, but we don't know at what level...Is PGD2 a by-product or does it bind directly??? We don't know yet...and I don't think anyone knows what is it specifically about certain hair follicles that react this way....

The other thing two is that there are two kinds of PGD2 in our system -- that which is our blood serum and that produced in the brain...It appears PGD2 in blood serum doesn't do the damage...I think this is why taking Niacin doesn't cause hairloss...

tedlin01

Established Member
Reaction score
DHT and PGD2 is related! The mechanics in hairloss might look something like this: DHT-> COX1+2 -> Prostaglandin D2 -> Binds on CRTH2 Receptor-> HAIRLOSS!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
DHT and PGD2 is related! The mechanics in hairloss might look something like this: DHT-> COX1+2 -> Prostaglandin D2 -> Binds on CRTH2 Receptor-> HAIRLOSS!

So how do we explain the few follicles that continue to grow, no problem, and the surrounding scalp is slick bald???

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
They are not few, they are the majority... the sides and the back > the top in terms of total follicle quantity. I'm not an armchair scientist so I will retract into my impact section now and let you Einstiens figure this out. good luck.

zephyrprime

Reaction score
I will take all this pgd2 stuff with a grain of salt. hairloss was proven to be caused by dht. castrated don't go bald, guys with alpha typ2 2 defecincies don't go bald. so now there throwing this pgd2 at is. where was this pgd2 thingy during the pseudohermaphrodite research, or when james hamilton proven androgens to be reposnible for hairloss. they say dht is the main cause. tackle dht there you go.. why worry about pgd2 when you know dht is the main cause. so all those pseudoherm studies or james hamilton studies were bull? lol.

- - - Updated - - -

why not make something strogn that can ultimately destroy dht at all levels, instead worrying on something like pgd2.
Androgens are just the signaling molecules. They're not the direct cause. Androgens are HIGHER when young. Why don't the young get hair loss? At old age, androgen levels are a fraction of what they were in puberty but only old people lose their hair, not the young. Ultimately, the reason hair loss occurs is because dying hair follicle cells are not replaced by stem cells anymore.

I'm not saying the research on androgens is wrong. It's just not nearly the whole story. Androgens are just the first step in the chain of chemicals that causes hairloss. Also, elminating angrogens with drugs basically turns you into a chick so any drug that works by acting on androgens isn't going to be very useful (I'm looking at you, finasteride).

B

Beingbaldsucksass

They mentioned asthma and bronchitis, and I have both, I'm regularly suffers from breathing problems and muckos so is that mean its all because too this P something molecule?