New regimen

JamesC55

Reaction score
Nizoral 1% shampoo (twice a week)
minoxidil 5% .... have no idea how many times a day.
Nano shampoo regularly.
Added with Folligen or Tricomen spray for regrowth stimulants also.

Just wondering, do I use Nano when I use Nizoral?

Let me know if that looks like a good regimen for a 17 year old at just losing hair, you can see maybe half-inch on the temples and thinning deeper in, and a little thinning on back of head. (Should I apply minoxidil to back of head?)

Thanks, need some input.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Apply the minoxidil to the affected areas (where your thinning, for me it's the temples).

For the price of Nano shampoo you could get topical spironolactone, a much better bet!

As i said,

*minoxidil
*spironolactone
*Nizoral
*(Folligen spray)

DontWannaBeLikeMike

Established Member
Reaction score
Good thing your attacking it early and found out the best way to go about it. I was losing hair at 18, but was retarded to do anything about it and waited til I turned 20. Goodluck.

JamesC55

Reaction score
k

thanks guys.

minoxidil 5%
nizoral 1%
Nano Shampoo when not using Nizoral
--
what about conditioner?---(progaine conditioner ok?)
--
and Topical spironolactone 2%

does that look good?

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You don't need a conditioner, the whole notion of a conditioner is just a money making idea in my opinion, a good shampoo will be fine. And for the last time, progaine is a croc. But it's your money...

*minoxidil (1ml, 2x per day)
*nizoral ( 2 x per week)
*Nano (2 x per week)
*spironolactone (1ml, 1x per day)

SOONER YOU START THE BETTER... :rockon:

G

yea i agree with lizzad about conditioners. Just get the nano shampoo. You dont need folligen and tricomin if you ask me. Either one are ok if i where you id just save some cash and just buy one. Plus if you have so much sh*t to put in your hair everyday it gets harder 2 do so id try to keep it down to a minimum.

JamesC55

Reaction score
You don't need a conditioner, the whole notion of a conditioner is just a money making idea in my opinion, a good shampoo will be fine. And for the last time, progaine is a croc. But it's your money...

*minoxidil (1ml, 2x per day)
*nizoral ( 2 x per week)
*Nano (2 x per week)
*spironolactone (1ml, 1x per day)

Thanks

minoxidil % or 2%? and using nizoral 2x per week and Nano 2x per week that is 4/7 days of the week? Should I use progaine otherwise?

G

No offense james but you are a dumbass. If you where not lazy and actually read the directions on these products and read about them you would know all the answers to your questions. Also try listening to the people on this forum cause everyone told you exactly what to do like 5 times.

Nizoral 1% Shampoo- If you read the directions, it would say use every 3-4 days.

Nano Shampoo- If you read the directions, it would say use 2-4 times per week. If you read Dr Proctors site, you would discover the conditioner is optional but not really 2 important.

minoxidil- I told you before 5 percent is stronger than 2 percent and is a upgrade. If you read their site you would of read 5 minoxidil is proven to be better and regrow more hair. If i where you I would use 5 percent.

So if you use nano 4 times a week, and nizoral 3 times per week, that would add to 7 days a week and you will be set for shampoos. If you want to add Nano conditioner or T-GEL conditioner or whatever that would be ok.

G

Plus when i first started comin here I asked a million questions like you and bruce lee told me "If you just sit here asking about it your just gunna loose more hair so get ur *** moving and get this sh*t." I know you want to know exactly what to do but when you get all these products they come with directions that are detailed. Just stop tripping and listen.

What you should do for your regimen.

minoxidil 5% -Twice a day, once in morning and at night. Put in balding areas.

What does minoxidil 5% do?
It is a regrowth formula. Its main objective is to regrow your hair.

Nano Shampoo- Use for 2 days in a row and on the third day do not use it and use Nizoral. Then the next day use nano 2 days in a row again.

Proxiphen-N Its used with Nano Shampoo and they work better together. You can add Proxiphen-N with the rogaine at the same time. You can use it 1-2 times a day. I use it 2 times a day because its easy to add with the minoxidil. Add Proxiphen-N and minoxidil 5% together after Nano Shampoo.

What do Proxiphen-N and Nano Shampoo do?
These 2 products used together are used for overall maintenance of your hair. Proxiphen-N has minoxidil in it and serves the same purpose. They have slight regrowth formulas, dht blockers, and countless other stuff. But it just basically removes and prevents all the crap that causes hairloss from happening so you can keep the hair that you have right now. Hopefully even regrow and thicken some hair.

And I hope this is clear enough for your shampoo questions. My Nano-Nizoral schedule is:

Monday-Nizoral
Tuesday-Nano
Wednesday-Nano
Thursday-Nizoral
Friday-Nano
Saturday-Nano
Sunday-Nizoral

I suggest you get a calender and write this in it helps. If i where you I would not use spironolactone. I have never used it but from what Ive heard from most people in here that it is not that succesfull. Plus you dont wanna put 2 much sh*t on ur scalp. Trust me spironolactone lotion would be a pain in the *** if you are using rogaine with it.

And everyone on this forum told you not 2 get progain conditioner. Its a peice of sh*t trust us. My mom and dad use it and it doesnt do sh*t for their hair. You can use it if you want, but i wouldnt waste my money on it if I where you.

G

lol timmerman, im tryin. Knowing James though he is not gunna register all the info I wrote and still ask questions like:

Ok, but where can I get nano and proxiphen-n?

Is it ok if i use Progaine conditioner though?

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No offense james but you are a dumbass. If you where not lazy and actually read the directions on these products and read about them you would know all the answers to your questions. Also try listening to the people on this forum cause everyone told you exactly what to do like 5 times.

A-bloody-MEN!!!

Hehe, YoungGuy17, i like the way you think!! Tell it as it is, with that attitude you will hopefully get male pattern baldness whopped sometime soon! :)

G

lol ty lizzad. Yea hopefully. I have only been using Min 5%, Nano Shampoo, Nizoral, Proxiphen-n, and Tricomin and my hair has thickened up and is already better. So far my regimen is all good. I have no side effects whatsoever or any problems at all. I love shampooing with Nano and Nizoral they make my hair feel great!

G

I read about the spironolactone lizzad. These are the reasons im not interested:

1- I dont know one person here who has had postive results with it
2- It says on the spironolactone site when mixed with rogaine it has a bad odor
3- I put Prox-N and Min 5% in the same part of my scalp so its pretty wet, it would be a pain in the *** 2 put the spironolactone cream with those products.
4- I dont wanna have overkill on my scalp.
5- It messes with Male hormones, im still young dont know if I should worry about that

Thanks for mentioning it. Feel free to add anything or any objections or add anything I should know about the product. But you are right, I do need a DHT blocker. Prox-N and Nano have slight DHT blockers but I need a solid one.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
spironolactone hasn't much research behind it, this is true, so we will all have to wait & see how that develops. I think it only messes with your hormones when taked orally, as a tablet, not topically to any great degree.

Azelaic acid is another possible dht blocker, however, there is no strong studies behind it, as related to humans.

You could always give saw palmetto a go, only reason i say this is, its safe & cheap (so if it dosen't help, you don't lose much). There is some evidence that it can help to some extent as a dht supressor. Say 300-400mg/d would be the kinda dose to take.

As Run says, Nizoral 2% ketaconazole is to be preferred to the 1% version.