New Puretech Article Mentions Follica

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
And Histogen, Shiseido…
We need stuff bridge us till Tsuji, luckily we have several of them.
I have the lowest hope in Brotzu among them.

I said the US. I really don't see my self doing 3 trips to Mexico or 2 trips to Japan. Just not practical. By all means if u have a career, and the money then go for it. But I think I'd rather wait for the US, since I think my hair loss isn't significant enough to warrant those trips especially if Follica is more effective as those patients in the Indian study and if they waited 10 years lol it better be. I'm really hoping by some miracle it's not just minoxidil, maybe some compound that may not need fda approval, or maybe the device it self is better, but who knows.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I said the US. I really don't see my self doing 3 trips to Mexico or 2 trips to Japan. Just not practical. By all means if u have a career, and the money then go for it. But I think I'd rather wait for the US, since I think my hair loss isn't significant enough to warrant those trips especially if Follica is more effective as those patients in the Indian study and if they waited 10 years lol it better be. I'm really hoping by some miracle it's not just minoxidil, maybe some compound that may not need fda approval, or maybe the device it self is better, but who knows.
It's probably minoxidil but they've mentioned in the past the possibility of getting a new compound approved by the FDA that could be more beneficial - I assume you probably know more about this than I do lol.

I know the app is meant to inform the user when they should perform the wounding. I'm curious how often the wounding would need to be performed and how often the topical approved. It'd be nice to know that information but then again it might be unique to every patient.

And the waiting game keeps rolling on......

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
It's probably minoxidil but they've mentioned in the past the possibility of getting a new compound approved by the FDA that could be more beneficial - I assume you probably know more about this than I do lol.

I know the app is meant to inform the user when they should perform the wounding. I'm curious how often the wounding would need to be performed and how often the topical approved. It'd be nice to know that information but then again it might be unique to every patient.

And the waiting game keeps rolling on......

Unfortunately I think the compound they were talking about back then was the lithium something compound that I can't remember off the top of my head lmao, but it didn't have the effect they wanted so they scrapped it. Unless they got something else in the arsenal. Tbh I think the ideal situation would be with a novel compound we never heard about that does a lot better than minoxidil, but honestly at this point I'd rather have them release it with minoxidil and while we use it to get some regrowth they can continue trials with something else. This way we can actually actively be regrowing our hair while we wait instead of waiting while balding. minoxidil is guaranteed to work based on that study. I would not mind that kind of regrowth. If Follica can deliver those results on a consistent basis then I think most ppl from nw3-4 would be in solid shape. The ones who don't get the results they want may have to hit up histogen. And the ones who are nw5 and above may have to wait for tsuji

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think the compound they were talking about back then was the lithium something compound that I can't remember off the top of my head lmao, but it didn't have the effect they wanted so they scrapped it. Unless they got something else in the arsenal. Tbh I think the ideal situation would be with a novel compound we never heard about that does a lot better than minoxidil, but honestly at this point I'd rather have them release it with minoxidil and while we use it to get some regrowth they can continue trials with something else. This way we can actually actively be regrowing our hair while we wait instead of waiting while balding. minoxidil is guaranteed to work based on that study. I would not mind that kind of regrowth. If Follica can deliver those results on a consistent basis then I think most ppl from nw3-4 would be in solid shape. The ones who don't get the results they want may have to hit up histogen. And the ones who are nw5 and above may have to wait for tsuji

Isn't 25 terminal hairs per cm2 a sh*t ton of hair for someone NW3 or lower?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because this is the treatment that will come out before the others.This is its only interest in the light of the evidence almost invisible

Since there's no evidence of it working, what's the point in discussing it? This brotzu stuff sounds like that keratene crap everyone was talking about a few years ago.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since there's no evidence of it working, what's the point in discussing it? This brotzu stuff sounds like that keratene crap everyone was talking about a few years ago.

Yeah I don't get it either. There is zero evidence this stuff does anything. I think people want to believe in it because the doctor is well respected in the medical community? To that I say Bernie Madoff was well respected in the financial community until...you know

resu

Reaction score
I think the delays with Follica are probably due to them trying to find some proprietary compound so they can protect their method from being copied.

This is conjecture on my part of course.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm lost here. These heads are results from this 2013 Indian study, so their approach is basically similar to Follica's?
(and even in that case, how can these be traded as Follica's results?)

I think its just them pointing to a proof of concept. Their 2016-2017 trial is prolly gonna be wounding with minoxidil and if they can consistently get results similar or better than they will release in 2018, if not then its back to the drawing board. Theres no reason they shouldnt. Their device alone is said to make 25 terminal hairs, idk what the number of hair follicle regular dermaneedling or dermabrasion creates but im assuming Follica's 25 is prolly more. Idk if anyone can comment but is 25 terminal hairs/cm^2 average or good? Cause Follica thought it wasnt good enough which is why they are trying to make the other 75 vellus hairs terminal with another compound.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't read into Follica that much. It seems like their entire existence is based on that old microneedling study, with very little work of their own. Are these regrowth numbers they've reported based on their own findings, or are they too based on that microneedling study?

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have stopped talking about it because I'm convinced it's a crap but others are not there yet

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score

I guess it's because until we get real testimonies and photos, there's at least a theoretical chance it gives sufficient results - unlike many other upcoming treatments. And if we're honest, we don't really have solid proof for any of those either.

People probably just prefer the slight chance of a significant cosmetic effect to the significant chance of a slight cosmetic effect. And when it comes to baldness, it makes sense; we all know that elusive (hair)line that makes all the difference - no one's really after looking "less bald".

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm lost here. These heads are results from this 2013 Indian study, so their approach is basically similar to Follica's? (and even in that case, how can these be traded as Follica's results?)

They ain't traded as Follica's results. They just refer to the study to strengthen their stance. Approach is very similar indeed, although I believe Follica will use a dermabrasion approach.

Follica also pretty much have to go with minoxidil, there are no other options. I assume a PGF2A analogue is an option too, like latanoprost perhaps (I think it's off-patent). Minoxidil seems more logical though.

Indeed it is;

The patent for latanoprost expired in March 2011, and at least one generic version is now widely available in the U.S.

wow-wow

Reaction score
Follica will be a device for wounding and we will need to apply the lotion? Or it will do that automaticlly?
If they want to sell the device alone they only need to prove safety.
That would be great for us becasue we could use that and just get minoxidil/pgf2a.

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's sad

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They seem to have the simpliest method (wounding and possibly minoxidil) and it takes this long to get a trial started? Tsuji will have his work done before these jokers get out of the starting gate.

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They seem to have the simpliest method (wounding and possibly minoxidil) and it takes this long to get a trial started? Tsuji will have his work done before these jokers get out of the starting gate.

Amen to that brother. Tsuji will take us out of this mess IA.