New Puretech Article Mentions Follica

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
So this is just going to be combined with minoxidil right? And it likely won't do anything derma roller ish right?

That is not confirmed. If anything the addition of a compound was only for severe cases. For cases that are not too bad, the device is being sold over the counter and should be enough according to them.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is not confirmed. If anything the addition of a compound was only for severe cases. For cases that are not too bad, the device is being sold over the counter and should be enough according to them.
If this treatment can produce a substantial amount of vellus hairs it'd be great if Histogen could morph them into terminal hairs as Dr. Naughton has speculated.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score

Sorry I meant to say this is similar to a dermaroller or derma stamp right? What is considered a bad case?

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Beastly find.

Hair in a can and no, not toppik!

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAYAAAAAJDZjY2Q0YjFlLTIyYWQtNGU0Ny1hNGVhLWQzMjI4NWZkNDg3Nw.png

He should be careful with that thing - it'll grow 100 hairs on his palm :p

Last edited:

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Man ive tried dermarolling and stamping off and on for 1.5 years and nothing, but lots of pain that is. Hope this offers more than that :/

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Man ive tried dermarolling and stamping off and on for 1.5 years and nothing, but lots of pain that is. Hope this offers more than that :/

I remember doing it once a week with blood dripping down my temples each time for 6 months, and I had the same experience!

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be great to get an interview with someone from Follica or PureTech. They aren't exactly eager to share new information about their work and research.
@Admin @Swoop have you tried contacting them?

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reading the information on that screenshot feels like it's just dermarolling in composition with Minoxidil which many people are already doing

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Reading the information on that screenshot feels like it's just dermarolling in composition with Minoxidil which many people are already doing

Regardless of what it sounds like. They claim about 25 new hairs/cm2 and 75 vellus with just the device. So no matter what it sounds like, if the device can consistently do that it would still be huge. Idk if any dermarollers have gotten results like that. They have to be doing something novel, or else why not just market it from the beggining seeing as dermarollers are already on the market. I make fun of Follica sometimes, but if u actually look into Puretech as a whole, they really are doing some great things.

20legend

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm not sure I got what the excitement was about. Was the picture above just posted on the LinkedIn website ?
Or did Follica just create a profile on LinkedIn ? Anyone care to elaborate ?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regardless of what it sounds like. They claim about 25 new hairs/cm2 and 75 vellus with just the device. So no matter what it sounds like, if the device can consistently do that it would still be huge. Idk if any dermarollers have gotten results like that. They have to be doing something novel, or else why not just market it from the beggining seeing as dermarollers are already on the market. I make fun of Follica sometimes, but if u actually look into Puretech as a whole, they really are doing some great things.

Let's be real here: 25 terminal hairs per cm2 is almost a cure for anyone NW3 and below. We need this!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's be real here: 25 terminal hairs per cm2 is almost a cure for anyone NW3 and below. We need this!

That's equivalent to 10 grafts per 1cm/2. Not a major dealbreaker, but would certainly help with density.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
The fact this is potentially going to be the first new generation treatment in the US honestly has me more excited than Histogen and replicel. By the time those are going to be coming to fruition in other countries and will take 2 or 3 trips, this can be bought off the shelf and done more conveniently for those of us in the US.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's equivalent to 10 grafts per 1cm/2. Not a major dealbreaker, but would certainly help with density.

Is that because a single hair transplant graft typically contains 2-3 hairs?

In hair transplants, what is the average number of individually implanted hairs per cm2? Since Follica and Riken seem to refer to individual hair counts only and not to hair groupings.

I think this Follica treatment has the potential to be epic, if these new hairs are actual de novo hairs and not just revived existing hairs and also if they can become terminal and permanent i.e. not dependent on retreatments for life just to sustain them. That would make it an abnormal hair.

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah when I derma rolled I didn't see anything, so they have to be approaching it in a slightly different way I would think.