NEW Promox Foam?

D

Dude,Where'sMyHair

Has anyone tried the new Promox Foam developed by Dr. Klein that contains topical finasteride and minoxidil? If so, what are your experiences? I have had trouble getting a response from Dr. Klein about whether the product contains PPG?

D

Dude,Where'sMyHair

Yeah...it looks good to me too, especially with the reduced concentration of topical finasteride. I am just suprised that no one has mentioned it or seems to know anything about it, since apparently Dr. Klein did a study before releasing the product. Not sure what to think?

nydheart

Established Member
Reaction score
I would recommend checking out his website. He did do a triple blind study on his new promox which showed it to be 75% effective in both frontal and vertex area. Very interesting... Now we just need someone to order some and give it a whirl!

beaner

Reaction score
nydheart said:
.... He did do a triple blind study on his new promox which showed it to be 75% effective in both frontal and vertex area....

That study is very flawed. He had regular minoxidil against a concoction with minoxidil, finasteride, and Retin-A. We already know that minoxidil with Retin-A can provide superior results over minoxidil alone so this study proves absolutely nothing about his new product. (if it's even a real study) A proper study would not have included Retin-A in the mix.

Also, if you're thinking that it's a foam like the Rogaine foam, think again. That technology is patented and cannot be reproduced.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm first time i check his site he have nice product list, but i'm not sure if his products are scam or not? Plus i see he sells spironolactone also but i can't find the ingredients list does his spironolactone contain alcohol and PPG?

D

Dude,Where'sMyHair

Beaner...why do you have to be so negative?

Sure, the test was probably not perfect, but the man is a licensed U.S. doctor. I am sure he has learned at this point how to conduct an adequate research study considering that he must have had to interpret and conduct research studies at some point in his medical career.

Besides, based on deductive reasoning, we should be able to decipher that a combination of minoxidil and retin-A alone working synergistically does not produce the success rate that he claims in his study with this new product.

What we need to get more information on is whether the combination of minoxidil, retin-A, and topical finasteride, and azelaic acid used in his concoction really is capable of achieving the results he claims.

By the way, supposedly the low dosage of topical finasteride used in his study resulted in no reported side effects or systemic absorption. However, he recommends that the product be used 3x daily. This all of the information I have been able to learn thus far.

I just think it is too early to be this pessimistic, but yes we do need more answers about this product.

Carry on!

P.S. Who cares if it is a true "aerosol" foam (i.e., patented version) so long as it is not another messy liquid that runs all over your damn head when applying it!

beaner

Reaction score
Dude said:
Beaner...why do you have to be so negative?

I don't know why you consider making a very valid point regarding his study to be negative. The study is flawed and proves nothing about the effectivess of the product, and Dr Klein himself should know this to be true. Forgive me for trying to help. I'll be sure to keep my mouth shut next time, and let people buy crap.

P.S. Who cares if it is a true "aerosol" foam (i.e., patented version) so long as it is not another messy liquid that runs all over your damn head when applying it!

You'll care, when you find it doesn't properly absorb into your scalp.

Established Member
Reaction score
I have not used 'Promox' before but do know that the other remox products Klein sells are damn good.

When compared to other products like the 601 xandrox of Dr Lees (which you'd think was essentially the same considering their ingredients list) the most success I've personally had was from Kleins remox 111.
The stuff smelt, felt and was more managable (plus I think may have a better delivery system)

Yes it's pricey and you may also get similar results by making your own cheaper concoction.... but for me... his stuff works.

Considering finasteride kicks my arse internally with sides - I may just give this a crack...

D

Dude,Where'sMyHair

Look Beaner...nothing personal and I appreciate any "reliable" information you have to contribute to the discussion.

I am not advocating that others buy "crap" either.

While I will agree that Dr. Klein's study was probably not pefect, all I am is saying is that we need to give this product a proper vetting and negativity does nothing but kill the discussion.

You gave the exact same "negative" response to an inquiry on Farrel's site about PROMOX FOAM, and it just seemed as if you were only interested in killing the discussion on this site as well.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions!

But, just because the study may have been flawed does not mean the product is flawed.

I think we all just need to dig deeper and get the answers here.

Problem is that we are dealing with a new product and everyone is naturally skeptical of another "snake oil."

I have received some feedback from Dr. Klein that I have already shared, but it has been hard to get in touch with him consistently, presumably because he is very busy.

It would be nice to find one of his current patients to give us further insight.

I am here trying to get answers about this product and will do whatever it takes to get folks the answers to prevent anyone from taking another so-called "snake oil."

Anyone got any additional information about PROMOX FOAM?

beaner

Reaction score
Yeah ok Dude. Good luck with the snake oil. Let us know how it works out for you. Now if you'll excuse me I have other conversations to kill :roll: :roll:

D

Dude,Where'sMyHair

BEANER...You sure are sensitive!

I tried to apologize for jumping to conclusions and you respond with nothing but sarcasm.

You have some serious issues man.

Best of Luck!

DK11219

Reaction score
Promox is a scam.

Dr. Klein is a snakeoil salesmen.

I don't want to get to into my experience with him because I'm in a relatively good mood today.

But PLEASE, stay clear of PROMOX and of Dr. Klein.

DK11219

Reaction score
I hope more and more people see this when they are doing a google search on Promox.
To be honest, back in April, there wasn't too much info on this stuff.

Promox = Scam
|
|
|
V
www.hairgrowthmd.com = Scam

Dr. Klein and salesman like him have no conscience.

What bugs me even more is that this guy, unlike some Trichologists like are no licensed doctors, THIS guy is an MD.