New Posting Rules Please Read

Informer

Reaction score
Due To Recent attempts by new posters to post information we dont like we have had to repost our rules

1) Please do not post anything relating to Unproven herbs or supplements in this website

2)Please do not post anything that disagrees with our basic philosophy
Which is.: Rogaine And Propecia are the only useful products for your hair.

3)Please do not post any information which make the site owner look bad, if you do, you will be banned

4)Please do not attempt to argue with the site owner, He wets his pants and starts posting page after page of attempted sarcasm, However he only exposes himself for being the weenie he is.

5)And DO NOT try to say that Saw Palmetto or any natural supplement works on hair loss................after all everyone knows these products dont work? Right? Or is it that the site owner is a biased imbecile, Take your pick.

6)Be grateful that you are allowed to post here, After all, other unbiased sites like hairsite, who allow people to post about any supplement , natural or drug, who allow people to post about virtually any new cutting edge treatment without the site owner wetting his pants and coming in and posting two pages to try to refute everyone that disagrees with him..... :freaked2: LOL, just count your blessings on how lucky you are to be able to post at this ........famous hair discussion board.....

I cant even begin to count the number of posters who have been "banned" here for daring to disagree with the mental case site owner.............LOL

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Instead of banning you for the 4th time, I have decided to just use facts to point out how silly you are.

Informer said:
Please do not post anything relating to Unproven herbs or supplements in this website
Completely incorrect information. We have an entire section of our forums dedicated to unproven and experimental treatments. Your point again was?

Informer said:
Please do not post anything that disagrees with our basic philosophy Which is.: Rogaine And Propecia are the only useful products for your hair.
Completely incorrect information. Try reading the website. We suggest and advocate nearly 15 different products as potentially helpful aside from Propecia and Rogaine. Your point again was?

Informer said:
Please do not post any information which make the site owner look bad, you do, you will be banned
Completely incorrect information. You insulted the ownership, were vulgar, rude, and you implied that we are out to harm people by lying to them. That is what got you banned. Your point again was?

Informer said:
Please do not attempt to argue with the site owner, He wets his pants and starts posting page after page of attempted sarcasm, However he only exposes himself for being the weenie he is.
Hypocritical comments. You're a grown 40 year old man, and in the last two days all you've done is sit on the internet, on hair loss web sites and insulted the owner. You were banned and responded to that by threatening the site owner even more, challenging him like a warrior in medieval times, DARING him to try to ban you again. Four times after that you attempted to bypass the ban, and you continued to create new usernames so you could post more nastygrams about the site owner. Tell me again who is wetting their pants and acting remarkably like a 12 year old? I am literally 11 years younger than you, and Im appalled at your conduct.

Informer said:
And DO NOT try to say that Saw Palmetto or any natural supplement works on hair loss................after all everyone knows these products dont work? Right? Or is it that the site owner is a biased imbecile, Take your pick.
Completely incorrect information. We dont promote products without clinical data backing them. We also correct peoples misinformation. The entire medical and research community follows that rule too. You don't. Tell me who the imbecile is... ?

Informer said:
Be grateful that you are allowed to post here, After all, other unbiased sites like hairsite ...who allow people to post about virtually any new cutting edge treatment
Completely incorrect information. We allow people to post about any new cutting edge treatment they want to. Your point again was?

Regarding "cutting edge".... all the "cutting edge" treatments that have come from hairsite in the last 4 years have fizzled to complete absolute Zilch. Nothingness. Not a single one of them has panned out into *anything*. Every one of you comes back home to clinical data when the day is done. So much for cutting edge.

Is that the best you can do? You have to make up a bunch of incorrect facts about us, so you can feel justified? Everything you've said above was 90% false and 10% accurate.

Why don't you try arguing the facts, and see how long you can stay angry with us. I would be elated to discuss with you, like two mature adults, what exactly you have a problem with about the way this site is run. Give me some solid facts that don't contain misinformation like "Anytime anyone posts about anything other than Propecia, they get banned". Comments like that show that your motives are shitty, and you're not interested in being logical, fair, or even remotely adult. So do me a favor, in response to this, tell me what you have a problem with, WITHOUT including baloney like that... and I will intelligently and calmly reply to you.

Since you have abused your privileges on these forums, you will be restricted to this thread only. If you want to post here, you will be required to respond to us with intelligent, thoughtful comments that express true concern and display a true heart to reach some sort of understanding. Anything you post elsewhere in the forums will be deleted until this particular thread has come to a beneficial conclusion. You are on a moderated forum now, and you play by our rules. I welcome your reply to the above paragraph, soliciting a constructive discussion.

HairLossTalk.com

G

Informer said:
However he only exposes himself for being the weenie he is.

For someone twice my age, you're the one acting like a pathetic "weenie". Please go back to the hairsite hole you crawled from.

I don't understand how you can be so desperate to actually spend the time to create new usernames to go around the bans to post nonsense here. Do you not have a life?

Grow up.

Informer

Reaction score

I find it quite perplexing , that although you disagree with many posters, postings, for example mine on how Saw palmetto Worked great for me
and how the other internal DHT inhbitors, such as Pygeum, Nettles, , green tea extract, Beta sitosterol, have worked miracles for my hair,
How The moddy, finds it necessary to jump into the fray, or even insert his opinion at all in these matters,

Certainly this is your website, but i find it quite odd the participation level you choose to adhere to and the influence you attempt to assert on the subjects of natural supplements.

True it is easy to put forth all types of arguments, some which sound convincing, however, Why do you not just allow your posters to post about a particular supplement or treatment, and allow other posters to accept it , or dispute it. That is what Hairsite does. You , on the other hand, find it necessary to assert your loud opinion whenever any poster posts aboutu a treatment you disagree with, as if him posting his opinion about that treatment is a personal challenge to you. I find that odd.

The thing i find most odd is that, despite personal testimonials from posters about treatments, or supplments , mine for example, you not only jump into the middle of every discussion, you belittle the testimonial as invalid and useless, because, after all, according to you, the poster could be making up fake nicks, and trolling many boards. For what purpose would someone say, "Hey XYZ supplement works for me." What percentage of posters are selling supplements? None that i know of, So what is their evil ulterior motive for making up stories?

Your arguments against Saw Palmetto, i find a bit dated , Saw Palmetto , as i have stated, is one of the weakest DHT inhibitors out there. The Main active ingredient in Saw Palmetto, Beta sitosterol, is 100s of times more potent as a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, and Pygeum, Nettles, Green Tea Extract, taken in combination, i will stack up side by side against propecia any day.

The fact that you disagree with naturals is not what bothers me, The implication that the guys who are getting success with these regimens are either lying, or delusional, or perhaps not aware of exactly what caused their regrowth or success, i find somewhat bizarre, and grasping at straws.

Also , why , as the forum moderator, do you find it necessary to stick your nose into every debate?

Why not let guys post alternative treatments and discuss them among themselves. The board posters are intelligent enough to smell a scam, they can fight their own battles. If someone posts something that they feel is garbage, they will make that known in a short period of time
Your vehement attacks, and sarcasm to even something so minor as Saw Palmetto, only makes you look like you have an alternative agenda

Is your reason for moderating the board to help the board members with successful regimens? Or is it to loudly proclaim every time somone posts a success story with a natural regimen that ITS NOT PROVEN THERE ARE NO STUDIES TO BACK IT UP. Are you actually that naive that you think there is a study to back up every natural treatment for every malady that the natural treatment helps?

To me you have the same bias as the medical community in general has, That natural supplements are hogwash, and that they are hocus pocus Scams. That is a totally foolish position to take , however each and every time you post you validate that this is in fact your position,

Sure people are allowed to post about natural remedies, IF THEY AGREE WITH YOUR ASSERTIION THAT THEY DONT WORK.

Now thats freedom of speech if i ever saw it........... :freaked:

And explain to me why it is, that i have personally talked to about 5 hairsite posters in only one day who were banned from this forum, almost all of them natural supplement proponents. Can that be a coincidence? I think not. I think the exact thing happened to them as happened to me. I DARED to post about natural supplements and how they work great. Then i am sure, as happened to me, You immediately Jumped THEM too, and freaked out, like you did with me, and they had the audacity to argue with you, and of course, just as in my case instead of debating the issues(why you need to do that is beyong me). you banned them. Easier for you to ban someone.

Basically the philosophy of this forum is like Nazi germany, do what you are told, and everything will be ok. Disagree with us, (which we interpret as insulting, or threatenig us) and you will be banned.

You say, this is a " moderated forum".......LOL thats a laugh. Moderated meaning, you can post, however if the moddy disagrees with you, you will be banned.

Why is it that Hairsite seems to survive just fine without inserting the moddys opinion into every discussion? Oh i know , because its a open forum, website, with freedom of speech, and the site owner does not have an inferiority complex....................

This site is pitiful, go ahead and ban me again, i will be back,

funkster

Reaction score
Informer

I don't wish to dive too deeply into this mêlée, but WHERE ON EARTH do you find the time to write all this stuff, create new logins and promise to 'be back' if you get banned?

Why not get together with your friends and organise a weekend scuba diving, hiking or just hanging out? Take your wife/girlfriend out for a day's sailing. If you haven't got a wife/girlfriend, go find one!

Try to forget about the politics of hairloss sites and realise that getting so angry and frustrated is fruitless. Are you going to be on your death-bed saying to yourself "Damn! I wish I spent more time barfing diatribe at hairloss website owners, and less time enjoying my health, family and friends..."

You MUST have a life hidden somewhere, so go out and live it! :D

ps. This is a 'read-only' post - I won't be responding to any further posts, so trying to bait me (although you won't have time, as you'll be out enjoying your life 8) ) is pointless.

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
Informer,

F*Ck off and Don't use peoples old names. I feel I can post anything here and people can disagree or agree. It's for the average visitor to learn what will work for him why this site advocates the big three, and for very VERY good reasons. THey WORk, and all that other bullsh*t does not work. Period.

Go nutz, throw DMSO on your head with F*cking stinging nettles and drink green tea and watch your hair eventually fly away.

Years of Hairsite= propcecia, minoxidil, nizoral if you really want to combat hair effectivlely

Years of hairlosstalk= People know right away without the bullsH*t

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Re: ...

Informer said:
I find it quite perplexing , How The moddy, finds it necessary to jump into the fray, or even insert his opinion at all in these matters
The reason why involve myself is because there are thousands of lurkers who read here, and 99% of them don't fully understand the difference between Pygeum and Propecia yet. I've said this to you before. This site serves the general public, not the tiny minority who enjoy experimentation. I am all for experimentation. You posted inflammatory posts that we were out to harm people by correcting statements that SP works for hair loss. We don't base "what works" on people's anonymous posts. We base it on the data, and the data I've seen says it doesn't work. You still have the right to use it.

The problem we have here is that you think my motives are bad. How could anyone on this planet ever develop a "motive" to squelch herbal enthusiasts? I am an avid herbal enthusiast. I use several for my own personal health. I just know that hair loss is a....

(1) highly emotional
(2) depressing
(3) expensive condition to have.

My motive is to lead people down the straight and narrow so that their chances of reversing those three things are optimized. It's as simple as that. You think im out to harm people.... when in fact its the very opposite. A newbie seeing "SP works" can be risky. Why? Because I see no data supporting it, and they may use SP instead of Propecia... and have no results. At least with Propecia I know they stand a great chance of results, and results is all i care about.

Now, im aware that there is a huge gray area. Some people may not respond to Propecia or Rogaine. Some people may respond better with "extra" treatments added. I know this. That's why I suggest using experimental treatments after trying proven ones, or in conjunction with them.

HairlossTalk isn't like Hairsite, where we allow things to run rampant. If opinions ran rampant with no reality checks, nobody would know what the hell to believe and everyone would be confused. That's how hairsite is. There HAS to be some sort of guiding direction with hair loss treatments because confusion is the biggest problem. There is a guideline: Clinical Data. It's not all up for grabs like you seem to think.

The most significant factor in making this website for me was all the bullshit I saw on the web. I saw guys saying that everything from scalp massage to topical urine, *might* work for hair loss. I was confused, and I wanted someone to tell me plain and simple "What really works?". Once I found out, I wanted to help others by giving them a no-nonsense website with a scientific stance. We already have sites like hairsite, why do we need another?

Part of running a site dedicated to facts means getting involved when people post misinformation. Why? Because, for every 1 guy who says something completely false, there are 1,000 newbies get wrongly indoctrinated. Your logic says we should allow people to claim that Fabao 101 works, without commenting that Fabao is not considered a legit product, and "here's why". That is my job, to do that. That is why I made this site.

Bob Marley said it perfectly:

After years of reading Hairsite, you'll hopefully figure out that propcecia, minoxidil, nizoral are an important foundation for effectively treating hair loss.

After 15 minutes of reading HairlossTalk, you'll know how to effectively treat your hair loss.

Pretend you're a new hair loss sufferer, and go to the hairsite home page. Where is that guide to help you learn the basics about hair loss? If that need isnt being addressed by a site, then its failing as a support site, in my opinion.

informer said:
Certainly this is your website, but i find it quite odd the participation level you choose to adhere to and the influence you attempt to assert on the subjects of natural supplements.
This isnt hairsite where the ownership isn't involved at all, except to constantly ban people, which, by the way, happens nonstop over there. Don't lose your perspective and think that David doesn't do this himself. He bans people that say things he doesn't like, constantly. You are the second guy I have banned in 4 months. David has banned more people this month than I have banned in the last year.

The downsides of newbies getting misdirected by an unnatural focus on experimental treatments is much bigger, in my opinion, than with herbs in general. I've seen people try to kill themselves when one of hairsites "cutting edge" treatments didnt work. I've watched things play out for 5 years now, and consistently Ive been thankful that we've taken the direction we've taken because it has resulted in happy, mentally stable users who are consistently seeing results, and have photos to prove it, unlike anyone on the "cutting edge" treatments.

Thats the other thing I don't think you realize. We DO encourage use of experimental products, but only as supplementation to clinically proven ones. How can you think our motives are bad with this? Its obvious why we use this logic. To help people. Optimize their chances of results. Our stance is, use the clinically proven products first, and after a year, if you're not seeing the results you want, consider experimenting. Seems fair, logical, and happy joy joy to me. Everyones happy, even herbal experimental enthusiasts, no?

Why do I get involved (again) ? Maybe because I care more. Because I want my users to be critical of unverifiable claims. I want my users to know the difference between "right and wrong" or "potentially helpful and no evidence it will help" without having to ask me. I want them to know how to think scientifically. I want to educate them. The 10 doctors on our newsletter list have the same desire, and all our articles this year are going to be focused on teaching people how to think more critically. I really want to help.

It is human nature to "try what you've just heard". So I inject my two cents and like a "loving father" try to say "remember guys, only use these things as an adjunct to treatments we know will work". How could you possibly think im doing that out of ill will? I want to help.

Informer said:
You , on the other hand, find it necessary to assert your loud opinion whenever any poster posts aboutu a treatment you disagree with, as if him posting his opinion about that treatment is a personal challenge to you. I find that odd.
My enthusiasm is on behalf of the 90% of lurkers who don't know enough about the clinical data to make their own intelligent decision as to whether or not to listen to you. These people don't sit on hair loss forums all day like you do. They aren't informed enough to know that there is no data supporting saw palmetto, so I inject those facts into the discussion. Why would you get mad that I am informing them of the facts? If I was lying to them, I could see reason to take issue with me. But im Not. You in fact are not giving them the whole story, or pointing out that you are an anomoly. You just say "It Works" and they read it, and believe it.

informer said:
according to you, the poster could be making up fake nicks, and trolling many boards.
You do make fake nicks and troll the forums. Ive watched your QWEST hostname make multiple names. By the way, how is Albequerque this time of year? Unless you think HairlossTalk has tons of SP enthusiasts using QWEST and living in New Mexico.... it was you each time.

Informer said:
Pygeum, Nettles, Green Tea Extract, taken in combination, i will stack up side by side against propecia any day.
Define "stack up against"? How exactly are you going to establish which works better? This again brings me back to my main point. You can't make these claims because you have absolutely nothing other than 1 mans subjective opinion to base it on. Even I don't base the effectiveness of Propecia on my own personal experience. I had a hellish time with propecia and was rought with hypersensitive side effects. You don't see me ranting and raving that "Propecia causes major side effects!" on the forums. Why? Because I like to think im intelligent, and im aware there are hundreds of thousand of people using it with zero side effects. How is my opinion going to help anyone other than to scare them? Think "Big Picture". You aren't the center of the universe. Neither am I.

I am happy that you feel you're getting results. Unfortunately nobody can verify your claims. How many guys have posted here that they've grown hair and the pictures show absolutely nothing. Take mister "Hair Dots" for example. He thinks he's growin hair too. Ive learned to stop listening to people's opinions and focus on the available data.

Your original thread outlining what you think gave you results was left, untouched, and uncorrected by us. Remember? Two people even said "Good for you!" in response. It was *you* who then went thread to thread bitching about how HairlossTalk has ulterior motives, is out to bash herbal enthusiasts, and squelch your voice. We respected you. You didn't respect us.

HairLossTalk.com

Hairless Potter

Established Member
Reaction score

Informer said:
To me you have the same bias as the medical community in general has, That natural supplements are hogwash, and that they are hocus pocus Scams. That is a totally foolish position to take , however each and every time you post you validate that this is in fact your position,
As a member of the medical community, I assure you our collective opinion is not that these supplements are "hogwash". In fact they are often very potent and can be quite harmful do to lack of physician supervision. In addition, the are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration. Because of this there is no way to know how much active ingredient you are recieving in each tablet. The dosages are not standardized or monitored. This can lead to fluctuations in pharmacologic effect, from overdose to underdose. The danger is made worse by a the public's misconception that because they can obatain these substances at "health stores" not at a pharmacy with a script that they are safe and harmless. So good luck with that. :hairy:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score

Hairless Potter said:
As a member of the medical community, I assure you our collective opinion is not that these supplements are "hogwash".
Informer tends to make extreme generalizations. It makes it difficult to debate with him.

Hairless Potter said:
In fact they are often very potent and can be quite harmful do to lack of physician supervision.
Correct. Review this list of side effects of herbal products here Informer:

http://www.personalhealthzone.com/herbsafety.html

Hairless Potter said:
In addition, the are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration. Because of this there is no way to know how much active ingredient you are recieving in each tablet.
Bingo

Hairless Potter said:
The dosages are not standardized or monitored.
Bingo.

Hairless Potter said:
This can lead to fluctuations in pharmacologic effect, from overdose to underdose.
Bingo.

Hairless Potter said:
The danger is made worse by a the public's misconception that because they can obatain these substances at "health stores" not at a pharmacy with a script that they are safe and harmless.
Bingo.

G

I love how many folks always assume that because a substance is "natural" that it is fact, safe and effective!

Well we could probably compile a list of one hundred naturally occuring substances that are quite natural and quite harmfull.

To wit, when I used SP, I had many of the same side effects of finasteride, however, no hair regrowth.

God bless them!

:hairy:

Axon

Reaction score
Sigh. All our hard work to crap on this thread gone, gone, all gone! What a world...

A

Administrator

We're keeping this primarily between HairLossTalk.com and Informer, so we sifted out some of the non-posts :)

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
If the fda approves it, then it is proven to work effectively for it's designated function, whether or not it will work for you is a process of trial and error. Just because something is proven doesn't mean it works for everybody, but chances are better than not that it will.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
reallysad said:
So how do you guys decide which non-FDA product works and which does not?
There are only two products FDA approved to treat hair loss. Propecia and Rogaine. Each has a certain percentage of responders and a certain percentage of non responders. We base the percent of responders upon the clinical trials that have been run.

HairLossTalk.com

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
Last time I checked Cocaine, Heroin, and the toxin Ricin are all from natural plants. And who said all things natural were good for you?

One more thing, who is this ticked off prick? Is it Ken or just another unfortunate soul from hairsite?

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
Don;t sift my posts man. :cry: I thought it was a yes-post dude.

reallysad

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
reallysad said:
So how do you guys decide which non-FDA product works and which does not?
There are only two products FDA approved to treat hair loss. Propecia and Rogaine. Each has a certain percentage of responders and a certain percentage of non responders. We base the percent of responders upon the clinical trials that have been run.

HairLossTalk.com

You said that you mentioned 15 other non FDA products that are potentially helpful. What I meant is, why support these other stuff?