New Member. What I’ve Learned In My First 20 Mins

Sheri2352

My Regimen
Reaction score
Short Version: There are soooo many acronyms, products and medications that are still unfamiliar to me which make me think “Hmm..maybe I’m not doing as bad as most women” On the flip side I’ve already looked at leastv 5 pictures that women have (bravely)posted and each one left me with the sinking feeling of knowing that my hair loss is worse than theirs.

Long Version: Tonight’s the night I’ve finally reached the point where I googled ‘Hair loss for women forum’
I’m 38 and have been struggling with hair loss for at least 2 years (maybe 3)
I have. Few theories as to how this all started but really, who cares?! All I really want to know now is what works. I just started (yesterday) Viviscal and I’ve read so many great reviews that for the first time in months/maybe years I’m feeling hope for something working. In an effort to track my progress I took a bunch of “Day 1” photos...and in an attempt to organize/hide them in my phone I ended up comparing them to even older photos (from the early stages of my hair loss) and realized, quite painfully, not only how long I’ve been struggling with hair loss but how little success I’ve had so far. My hair looks so much better in the older pictures (9-12months ago) than it does today. The realization that whatever is happening to my hair is not only not getting better but has actually gotten much worse. That was hard to handle. I’m still really hopeful that the Viviscal will make a difference but it’a only Day 1 so I can’t can’t take any actual comfort until I can see results. So far, all I know for certain is that I’ve cried a lot tonight. I hate everything about my hair. It’s gross and disgusting and I’m constantly embarrassed that people can even see it.

In summary: Hi! I’m Sheri.

Sunny46

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Sheri- your not alone:( I'm 47 and probably close to meno)- I tried viviscal but did not stick it out being impulsive and trying so many things and back on it now. I found the shampoo and conditioner can fake hair into looking good fuller when I need it to but i don't use often. My story is so similar to yours. Will stick to the vitamins assuming cannot hurt.

VJ6

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate everything about my hair. It’s gross and disgusting and I’m constantly embarrassed that people can even see it.

You're not alone! It happens to me too and I can confidently say as I'm typing this, this is the worst phase of my life. But you have to find the courage to keep trying. Don't give up.

Sheri2352

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not alone! It happens to me too and I can confidently say as I'm typing this, this is the worst phase of my life. But you have to find the courage to keep trying. Don't give up.

Thanks. This week I’m trying Apple Cider Vinegar. It smells like sh*t but the internet seems to say positive stuff. (fingers crossed)

Sheri2352

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Sheri- your not alone:( I'm 47 and probably close to meno)- I tried viviscal but did not stick it out being impulsive and trying so many things and back on it now. I found the shampoo and conditioner can fake hair into looking good fuller when I need it to but i don't use often. My story is so similar to yours. Will stick to the vitamins assuming cannot hurt.

I take prenatal vitamins, b12 complex, omegas and vitamin d. I have no idea if they’re helping or hurting. ‍♀️

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Girls, vitamins will not help your thinning hair. The first step to combat hair loss is blood test with all hormones and thyroid levels. Dont use scam and shits products like lasers or less effective than enough prp LTTT (or whatever how it is called) shampoos etc etc. Ofcourse they might help current situation but still, you need to treat hair loss with big guns and its not easy path. Have a nice day and come here with the blood results!

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know an older female who has success with daily minoxidil 2% and viviscal.

Sheri2352

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Stachu,

I’ve had my b/w completed. Thyroid, tedtostosterone, ferretin, Vitamin D..etc. Everything comes back normal.

I do feel strongly that with my hair loss i’ve developed some sort of dandruff, or psoriasis or something for which I’ve had my GP send me to a dermatologist who specializes in hair loss. I just waiting for an appt and it can’t come fast enough. My hair loss is not getting better....nor is my self-esteem. I almost can’t stand anyone even looking at me ‍♀️

SystemError

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Sheri, I'm also 38 with androgenetic alopecia for two years and also just got the courage to google a hair loss forum today... We have a lot in common! Do you mind me asking if you have children, or are you planning to have any? This is my current predicament and why I haven't yet started any treatment, and it's causing me a lot of worry.

Gina Diaz

My Regimen
Reaction score
First, I started taking NutraFol or Nutricap, whichever was available at the time.

Second, I rinse my scalp every 1-2 weeks or so with a vinegar rinse to remove build up from products.

Third, I use a special hair growth tonic on my scalp 1-2 times per week, which is a mix of various herbs and oils that grow hair like a “chia pet”.

You can get all of these products with free ground shipping from Glam Hair Extensions by calling toll 1-888-984-9955

Hope this helps you!

Warmly,

Gina Diaz