New member! Natural shampoo & conditioner needed please help

Claire8888

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and thought I'd sign up to get a bit of advice and also give some advice if I can.

I'm 24 female and have been suffering hair loss for almost 4 years. No one seems to be able to tell me what has caused it, I've had lots and lots of blood tests done over the years all came back fine and I've been on the same contraceptive pill for 7years.

When I initially saw my first bald patch, due to the stress and shock of it it got really bad and almost half a head full fell out. Now that I have learned to live with it it appears to fall out a patch at a time which I am thankful for.

I've been using natural shampoo and conditioners for years now but fancy changing to see if it helps any. I had my eye on the following:

Pura d'or hair loss prevention shampoo
Pro naturals moroccan argan oil shampoo & con
Avalon organic botanicals biotin b-complex shampoo & con

I have listed these shampoos in order of my preference but unfortunately amazon uk has no stock of the pura d'or hair loss shampoo and can't seem to find anywhere else in the uk thst sell it or that will ship it for a non crazy price . Can anyone help or advise of snyother product thst is similar and works.

Also has anyone got any thoughts on the other 2 I've mentioned?

Because my hair loss isn't too bad I don't want to start on something that I need to be on for the rest of my life or that will make my hair loss worse if I was to stop using it. I was thinking of getting nizoral on prescription to use once a week but would I need to stay on this for good?

I'd greatly appreciate any help and advice.

Many thanks

Shewhocannotbenamed

Reaction score
Although I am not currently using an organic shampoo, I would recommend the Organic Shampoo Base by Mother Nature's Goodies (a U.K. company) because you can add an essential oil of your choice to it (but it must be diluted to less than one percent of the bottle). One essential oil I would recommend adding is rosemary, which encourages hair growth; it doesn't smell so great but the scent doesn't linger after your hair is washed. For an organic conditioner, I would recommend organic almond oil, preferably left on overnight, this also encourages hair growth naturally.

maja888

Reaction score
Natural therapy

Hi. I have been emotionally suffering because of hair fall that lead eventually to partial baldness. But a friend persuaded me to try a natural therapy, a liquid hair spray called Fulfix Complex. I used it 2-3 times a week. It worked in 4 weeks, I had great results. The hair is strong and fallout became less and less. I can see new hair growing. Works for me...

Lee2

Reaction score
More hair

Hi there,
I'm new to this forum too. I've been battling hairloss for about 10 years. I'm lucky I started with a lot. Anyway, I thought I'd share this information.
Firstly, I have tried the Avalon and many other natural shampoos/conditioners and even those that claim to hair loss with no success.
What I did find to work is a supplement called L-Carnitine. It not only helped with my hair loss in very little time but it also helped reduce my fat percentage. I too have been to doctors, had blood tests, you name it and no one could find what was wrong.
L-Carnitine has helped and it's not expensive and is most effective taken with Omega 3.
I hope this helps
Cheers

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and thought I'd sign up to get a bit of advice and also give some advice if I can.

I'm 24 female and have been suffering hair loss for almost 4 years. No one seems to be able to tell me what has caused it, I've had lots and lots of blood tests done over the years all came back fine and I've been on the same contraceptive pill for 7years.

When I initially saw my first bald patch, due to the stress and shock of it it got really bad and almost half a head full fell out. Now that I have learned to live with it it appears to fall out a patch at a time which I am thankful for.

I've been using natural shampoo and conditioners for years now but fancy changing to see if it helps any. I had my eye on the following:

Pura d'or hair loss prevention shampoo
Pro naturals moroccan argan oil shampoo & con
Avalon organic botanicals biotin b-complex shampoo & con

I have listed these shampoos in order of my preference but unfortunately amazon uk has no stock of the pura d'or hair loss shampoo and can't seem to find anywhere else in the uk thst sell it or that will ship it for a non crazy price . Can anyone help or advise of snyother product thst is similar and works.

Also has anyone got any thoughts on the other 2 I've mentioned?

Because my hair loss isn't too bad I don't want to start on something that I need to be on for the rest of my life or that will make my hair loss worse if I was to stop using it. I was thinking of getting nizoral on prescription to use once a week but would I need to stay on this for good?

I'd greatly appreciate any help and advice.

Many thanks

Annie0391

Reaction score
Try Revita Shampoo

I think it's not organic, but I'll recommend it anyway. You can try Revita Shampoo. It is made with top-quality ingredients, most of which are known to have a DHT blocking effect, such as caffeine, ketoconazol, emu oil, as well as ingredients that help with irritation and inflamation. It is made by DS Laboratories and can be found in many pharmacies across the globe.

DebbieinDallas

Reaction score
Hi Claire!
I'm a new member myself!
Not sure if I can help, however, I will try. There are a few good organic shampoos at Whole Foods. I have thin hair to begin with, and when it started to really thin in my early 50's I started experimenting with hair vitamins, as well as regular vitamins. I am now 57, and while I don't have a particular regime, I am consistant with my vitamins.
One thing I might mention, using a good conditioner, one that you rinse out, as well as a leave-in will help with general loss due to tangles.
I currently use an inexpensive one that I rinse out, but use ANDALOU naturals leave-in conditioner as well as Nick Chavez Plump'N Thick leave-in. The first one can be found at Whole Foods, ansd the Nick Chavez at the derm store. Our Ulta no longer carries it.
Hope this helps!

DebbieinDallas

BlueEyes45

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been using OGX Anti-Hair Fallout Niacin and Caffeine shampoo and conditioner and really like it. My scalp itches like madness most of the time and this has a nice tingling sensation and seems to help with the itch. I do notice less hair falling out. It also has saw palmetto which is a DHT blocker.

M

Mercedes B

Did you manage to find any good shampoo and conditioners? I am also looking.
Check out Wen, it's not a shampoo, it's a cleansing conditioner so it doesn't strip the hair and wreak havoc on your scalp! My hubby is a hairstylist and had started losing his hair but he first tried Nioxin then he stopped using shampoo all together! It's been over 12 years and his hair is thicker than ever! He started using Wen and only incorporated Nioxin every so often. Now he doesn't use shampoo at all and he even tells his clients to stop shampooing and shows them the before and afters and ppl are in shock! His clients have thicker, healthier hair, shampoo will strip your hair and your scalp! Also, he lightly massages his scalp and most days just rinses water thru it. I hope this helps someone!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using MONAT for just over a year. I thought I was doomed after having 2 children and losing hair by the handfuls every time I washed. I was sceptical on this new product but am super happy I tried it. 14 months in I still have regrowth. Very happy! I now represent these products.... I would be happy to share more details.

oh jesus f*****g christ. shut up. just shut up... go over to bald truth talk. you can probably make some f*****g money there you damn phony.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not trying to make money. Just posting that I have REAL results. Take it as you wish - no need to be an ***.

Well, we all think YOU'RE the *** to be soliciting vulnerable people with a f*****g terrible condition to make money.. ya *** face. please leave. you will make no money here.

Eliza Davis

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still not sure which Shampoo and conditioner are good, can anyone recommend me tried and tested one?