New member here, would love some advice

Hydroblunt

Reaction score
Hi,

Im happy that I found this forum and have learned a lot already. The library is a great resource. Searched for "Procerin Scam" and luckily found this forum. Returning that product ASAP.

I am trying to decide on a combination of products. A little about myself, I am 26, soon to be 27 and I have been slowly losing hair for about 4 years. It's genetic, runs in my dad's side of the family and with this pace I will be fully bald by the time I am in my 40s. It's not bad yet and barely noticeable if I keep my hair long but with a shorter cut the thinning hair on the frontal lobe is obvious and the temples are even more visible. Also the spot in the back of the head shows signs of baldness.

I do not take any pharmaceuticals so I am looking at topical treatments only. I understand that Propecia is a great product and was wondering whether there is a topical form of it. I was also looking at Tricomin. Anyway I would love to hear some suggestions for an overall topical treatment that would be effective.

Thanks a bunch.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Revivogen, Spironolactone, Minoxidil are all topical treatments. Minoxidil is used in almost everyone regimen. While the other two don't have receive as much respect. spironolactone has been around a long time and it's suppose to prevent the synthesis of dht. I don't know much about revivogen. Hope that helps.

Britannia

Reaction score
DonaldAnderson said:
Revivogen, Spironolactone, Minoxidil are all topical treatments.

But only Revivogen and Spirolactone allegedly treat the underlying cause of male pattern baldness (DHT). Minoxidil only provides an extra offset of growth to provide a cosmetic benefit, it does NOT treat or reverse male pattern baldness.
There is no such treatment as a "topical" version of Propecia, however Revivogen and Spirolactone attempt to provide the same benefits as Propecia via a topcial application.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
When people start out they always want an easy solution, ie one topical or something but the truth of the matter is that things aren't that easy. The best option is to get on finasteride and use nizoral and add minoxidil if you want regrowth. Sooner or later you are going to have to drop the "I don't take pills" thing anyway. Maybe not at 27 but by the time you hit your 60s or 70s you will be eating them like candy.

Britannia

Reaction score
Dinzy said:
Sooner or later you are going to have to drop the "I don't take pills" thing anyway. Maybe not at 27 but by the time you hit your 60s or 70s you will be eating them like candy.

An excellent point.

Hydroblunt

Reaction score
Dinzy said:
Maybe not at 27 but by the time you hit your 60s or 70s you will be eating them like candy.

Strongly doubt that but that's a whole nother debate. I would consider Propecia as a last resort, especially after reading about possible side effects.

Thanks for the advice, I have noticed in other threads that Minoxidil, spironolactone and Revivogen are a good combination. I was looking at the http://www.minoxidil.com site's Xandrox product. Also interested in Alezaic acid.

Does anyone have any opinions about Nexion products?

Britannia

Reaction score
Hydroblunt said:
Strongly doubt that but that's a whole nother debate. I would consider Propecia as a last resort, especially after reading about possible side effects.

This makes NO sense. Start with the proven treatments (Propecia, Minoxidil and Nizoral) and then if they dont work try an unproven treatment. Its crazy to condsider Propecia a "last resort". It should be the first treatment considered.

G

I just need to say this 2 Brittania.. Am gettting sick of reading all thos Propacia first rule number one statements from u..
If everybody accepts finasterid as the drug to trust i think that it will take even a longer time discover that there in fact be other products that might be even bether in the future, even topical with no side-effects.. Dont u know messing with hormones in the body could be resious stuff?
If your hard rock banana goes old kiwi u would`nt consider it serious damage to the masculine race of humans.. I think you are not much into alternatives and finding new sulutions so I would not be surprised if you still play with your H-Man figures..
Let peoplel share more experiences about other drugs and dont push this Propecia crap an them.. Its not your responsebility the f*** up others life.. Take it eazy with your so called facts that u use!!
I thik there is alot of people agree with me here..
I still love hair!!!
:hairy:

kingg008

Reaction score
Whether Merck calls it 2% or 1% sideeffect,it is a known fact that propecia impacts hormones to help with hairloss....but it affects a lot more than 2%.While the new person is welcome to try this an option,it is important to understand the possible systemic effects.Good luck on your treatment!!

freudling

Reaction score
I do not advocate propecia. You are systemically reducing a natural hormone that DOES have positive functions in the body, according to biochemistry. I feel propecia caused me to have "brain fog" and to gain weight. Just negative side effects, I didn't feel "right." Now, that could be a placebo, but after I dropped it, I felt better.

Your all topical regime should be:

5% Sprionolactone cream
5% Xandrox with Alzeleic Acid and Retin-A (includes minoxidil)
Copper Peptides (Tricomin or American Crew)
Nizoral

You are inhibiting the type II 5 alpha reductase enzyme responsible for DHT formation, blocking DHT receptor sites on the follicles, reducing inflammation and stimulating growth/regrowth.

Britannia

Reaction score
freudling said:
I do not advocate propecia. You are systemically reducing a natural hormone that DOES have positive functions in the body, according to biochemistry.

If you can find me one piece of reliable evidence showing that DHT has a positive function in the body after puberty I will flush my remaining Propecia pills down the toilet.

Hydroblunt

Reaction score
Britannia said:
Hydroblunt said:

This makes NO sense. Start with the proven treatments (Propecia, Minoxidil and Nizoral) and then if they dont work try an unproven treatment. Its crazy to condsider Propecia a "last resort". It should be the first treatment considered.

It makes total sense, I do not ingest man made chemicals and I do not need any rigged & bribed studies to show their safety. I do not even take aspirin, only if it's a serious unbareable headache. However I will apply topical treatments of the chemicals and sacrifice a little bit of my health for the hair results. I can target the areas directly instead of polluting my whole body & digestive system.

Of course DHT has functions in the human body and one of them apparently seems to be male pattern baldness. Who knows the real purpose of MLB, it could simply be nature's mistakes such as the appendix and the tailbone. Yet it is idiotic to upset your body's natural chemistry unless you want to be popping pills & undergoing cut & tuck surgery for the rest of your life.

You may want to do research on what any pharmaceutical pill does to your stomach & digestive system.

I was looking at Nioxin (not Nexiom as I wrongly said before). It's just a shampoo with Minoxidil. Does not seem to be cost effective.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Research Tricomin Follicle Therapy Spray
Get on Nizoral Shampoo.
Try Emo Oil

Yup-- all topicals, and they will help.

Britannia

Reaction score
Hydroblunt said:
I do not ingest man made chemicals.

Yes you do. Pretty much everything you eat and drink contains man made chemicals. Even the air you breath contains man made gases.